• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You know, I genuinely love it when there are ahistorical colonizers. I've always wondered why the Austrians never did anything.

Also, gela1212: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_zero_gravity_pen.htm

The fact Austria is landlocked may have to do something with it...

Okay, I know the Habsburgs had seaside regions during their reign, but they were generally far from their seat of power. I imagine naval advances were just never very important to them.

You know, I genuinely love it when there are ahistorical colonizers. I've always wondered why the Austrians never did anything.

Austrian colony ;)

Granted, it's not what normal people would call a colony, and it was a spectacular failure. Not that is mattered, because it was a tiny, insignificant island they stole from the Danish, who didn't really care in the first place :p

Does that even count when they didn't colonise it in the first place and then failed to maintain it?

Ask the Austrians -- for them, yes! ;)

Ive had so many people show me links like that, I'm just keeping this signature to aggravate them. :p
I have one of those pens. :D

A very educational Teutonic Order > Prussia > Germany game that I played to get the Early Reich achievement:

TO.jpg

EU3_MAP_GER_1820620_1.jpg

It was my first game to really experience the cascading alliance effect I had read about here on the forums and to participate in the HRE.

I had a tough time at the beginning as I faced a Danish alliance to the N/W and a Polish alliance to the S/E. Whenever I was at war with one I would usually get jumped by the other. Thankfully my navy was large enough to keep the Scandinavians bottled up, allowing my army to take care of the weaker Poles.

Once I started heading into Germany proper and started vassalizing OPM, things became much easier. At one point I think I had 13 vassals in central Europe :D After I formed Germany in 1616 and became the permanent Holy Roman Emperor, the game was pretty much over.

One question: will countries that you force-vassalized turn on you? I started annexing my former vassals about 50 years before game end and they were pretty much constantly at -200 relations with me. I was expecting a revolt but nothing happened.

Yes, a vassal can possibly turn on you I believe, the probably didn't because they trusted you? Either way, I'm amazed to see Aragon did like nothing the entire game.

I love the Milan in Tierra del Fuego, I think evicting the Italian minors that go colonizing from Italy is a new hobby of mine.