• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
had I known I would have gotten lucky with Hungary I would probably have created a super Slavic PU empire just for the hell of it.

Hungarians and slavs crying desparately :D
Anyway good work. go on. One king to PU 'em all!

View attachment 59058

After many years of BOTH Time of Troubles AND Incompetent Ruler, and one succession crisis after another, I've finally thrown in the towel. This game is doing nothing but pissing me off. It started out so well, then my ruler died about a month before I was ready to easternize, and everything went to shit.

I so understand... did you manage to build forts yet? that's the worst pain I think.

I so understand... did you manage to build forts yet? that's the worst pain I think.

I did; I set up forts on all of the provinces. By the time I took this image, I had temples in all of them as well, constables in most, docks... It was a great little empire. But it's just unplayable with the micromanagement and CONSTANT revolts. And the moment those bastards appear, they insta-assault and take most of the forts in 10 days or less. If I have a garrison a month's march away, sometimes I can catch them before their morale goes back up, but more often they just lose a few hundred troops (while I lose thousands) and "lose" the battle only to trolololol to the next fort and do the same thing.

By the time I took this image, I had already all but given up. Milan (allied with Castille and half of europe) had just attacked me from the north (they rolled both the Ottomans and Mamluks by about 1430), and one of the european minors decided to assault me from the coast, wiping half my army in the process. unkillable "stacked" pretender rebels in the south and opportunistic patriot rebels holed up in northern mountain caves.

Last edited:
EU3_MAP_HAB_1820116_1.jpg

All challenge left this game once France went down. France needs a buff because without a big blob for you to have an arms race against the game is quite boring.

This.
In my Mamluks the game the first thing I did in every province I captured was build a fort there. And I know that feel, Succession Crisis, Incompetent Ruler blah blah I had all of these for my entire game, those nations really suck for playing a game. I got pretty far though and stabilised my empire before I got roflstomped by Castille's mega armies.

That is sweet. How long time did it take converting population, manpower and base tax?

I did none of those things. Manpower, population, and base tax are not reflected in CKII, so there was no need to change anything there. It took me about an hour to change nations, cores, religions, and culture via the Clausewitz Scenario Editor.

Well actually, I did change taxes in two provinces. Being that the heart of my empire was Ulster and not London, I lowered London's base tax and raised it in Ulster.

I did none of those things. Manpower, population, and base tax are not reflected in CKII, so there was no need to change anything there. It took me about an hour to change nations, cores, religions, and culture via the Clausewitz Scenario Editor.

Well actually, I did change taxes in two provinces. Being that the heart of my empire was Ulster and not London, I lowered London's base tax and raised it in Ulster.

I know there is not, but you can make some similar stuff like if you convert ck2 manpower to population it is pretty similar what is on eu3 vanilla I know I have tried converting few times,

Wait... Russia in the place of Poland?! How the haeck did that happen?

Russia had completely formed and conquered half of Europe when the horde arrived. The Mongols only managed to wrest everything east of Poland away from them before they collapsed into a rapid series of succession crises. Somehow the Russians managed to maintain the stability of their empire and keep a hold on Poland, Hungary, and Sweden for several hundred years after that.

I know there is not, but you can make some similar stuff like if you convert ck2 manpower to population it is pretty similar what is on eu3 vanilla I know I have tried converting few times,

Considering the fact that I converted the entire game by hand, I really did not want to get caught up in the details and spend months sorting it out. If there is an automatic CKII converter that does the work for me, then I guess I goofed up.

Considering the fact that I converted the entire game by hand, I really did not want to get caught up in the details and spend months sorting it out. If there is an automatic CKII converter that does the work for me, then I guess I goofed up.

There is but it is still on development.

over 9--

It's actually only worth 890 because the Caribbean Islands are going to Lubeck. The Hansa love me for that. I can't wait for them to go Administrative Republic though. I'm about to do it myself - game advanced to 1523 now, I successfully suffered through both the Protestant Reformation and Religious Turmoil and my stability cost is now ~3500, so I have to wait until January to take stab hits so I don't lose some juicy census tax income.

But what I REALLY can't wait for is my imminent crusade into Indonesia. My long-term goal is to own Benelux, the Caribbean and the Spice Islands region. Not sure if I want to have one COT in each spot or make Antwerp the richest COT I've ever seen. Thoughts?

But what I REALLY can't wait for is my imminent crusade into Indonesia. My long-term goal is to own Benelux, the Caribbean and the Spice Islands region. Not sure if I want to have one COT in each spot or make Antwerp the richest COT I've ever seen. Thoughts?

Best to have as many CoTs as possible (without self destructing them due to low value). The issue is that other nations WILL built CoTs and lower your only CoT's value while robbing you of trade income in the colonies. You should do that to them before they can do it to you. Also, you get a nice little colonist bonus for every coastal CoT that you own.

Good points all. What's the magic number again? 35 provinces per COT?

EDIT: Pinx, are you checking the right area? The F12/Shift+F12 files get saved in a different area from the intuitively obvious place. The screenshots in the screenshot folder within the EU3 folder are ones taken with F11.

That depends entirely upon the trade goods in the region. 35 wool provinces isn't any kind of a comparison with 35 chinaware provinces. Being that it is in the new world, and in the wealthy trade region of the Carribs, I would say you can squeeze in three CoTs to your islands. Make sure they are at "the corners" to suck up as much trade on the continent as possible.

EDIT: Pinx, are you checking the right area? The F12/Shift+F12 files get saved in a different area from the intuitively obvious place. The screenshots in the screenshot folder within the EU3 folder are ones taken with F11.

Thing is, nothing happens. It doesn't take a screen. You are supposed to get a message, but I don't get anything like that.

That depends entirely upon the trade goods in the region. 35 wool provinces isn't any kind of a comparison with 35 chinaware provinces. Being that it is in the new world, and in the wealthy trade region of the Carribs, I would say you can squeeze in three CoTs to your islands. Make sure they are at "the corners" to suck up as much trade on the continent as possible.

If you're a free trader, you actually probably want to keep the number of CoTs in the world as low as you can, because the more merchants you have to send the easier they are to compete away. If you're mercantilistic you probably don't care and just want the CoTs you own to be as big as possible because it's always almost impossible to compete a full mercantilistic country out of their own CoT.