• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
yes i was allied with portugal when they vassalized scotland and later diploannexed. I decided to let go because they had powerful allies and i was weak. Next step is to take them back but need to find another ally first... did a trial without an allie and they brought spain and muscowy in their alliance and i was defeated...

I have some provinces in north germany, so i am not totally out of europe

My Ethiopian Tribal despotism latest 5.2 beta.
The combination of no forts, TSC, wrong religion lands, "showing of weakness" (or "house of peace" - both meaning more rebels), no manpower and therefore no troops makes playing such countries near impossible for me. That meant blitz (butt-saving) expansion was a no-option. Seriously, it couldn't be that bad back then. I still rage thinking of the last rebel survivor crossing the province border therefore capturing the city everytime. The endless rebel hunting plus unnecessary manpower sucking slowed me a big time. I admit a lot (I mean a LOT) reloading poked me into this shape but I take it as a way the game allows me to do and I did it for the sake of staying sane. ("Another stupid hit, dear game? I don't think so!" attitude) :D
On the other hand the ability to marry yourself right into Europe is (IMHO even) more ahistorical. So I started to marry my daughters off to the French and Spanish princes asap. No prejudice there, cool. :) Then after some time while wed to half of Europe I got Castille into a PU by luck (no claiming).
I am westernised only once - to muslim. I haven't managed to secure a border with someone more developped for quite a long time and now I keep having only unfortunate lvl 4 admin rulers.
The fearsome Mamelukes followed history somewhat by not only not attacking me but also surprisingly offering an alliance early in the game. So I felt kinda protected by them being allowed to concentrate on southern Africa. I couldn't mess Arab peninsula because of their sphere / ally / guarrantee though. Later when I allied the somewhat powerfull British who proved loyal enough and got the said PU with Castille I could start to harass my northern neighbours a bit. By the way the PU (and the incoming insults) mean I have to be in a state of perma war to gain as much as possible from it even if I eventualy lose the PU some time later. I have land 8! while my allies 18 and I use them to fight for me. My rulers are cursed so still tribal. I'll see how and if I'm going to continue the game. I have two COTs and feel quite wealthy with all the gold. I run full invest into technologies, no minting without troubles. Colonisation kept me busy and so did conversion which I started with land 3 and forts.

Yes, Portugal inherited Sweden, cored her and I've released Finland from them just recently. Now there are two powerful blocks - Ethiopia + Britain + Castille vs. Mamelukes + Ottomans + Persia so it could turn out interesting, who knows.

The endless rebel hunting plus unnecessary manpower sucking slowed me a big time.

Did you hack into my game? :eek:hmy: Granted, mine isn't the 5.2 beta, but my most recent TSC slowed me down tremendously in 1532 - to the point where I spent my entire 180k manpower pool over 3 years. Cairo popping a double Revolutionary set of Rebels twice didn't help either - that knocked half my provinces to 'overseas' somehow until I evicted the 28k. Manpower and income suffered accordingly.

Click for full-size. I PU-inherited Songhai by accident and whilst it's a bit of a nuisance, Mali and its bank is my neighbour over there. Raided it for cash once and will do so again soon (Truce runs out in a month or so). Morocco is junior in a PU with the Hausa and Burgundy offered me an alliance after I went throwing money at them to make them not attack me first thing on us bordering.

Yet another game that I'm starting to wind down. In two years of playing I've never finished a game.

spain1628.png

My original plan was to capture all of the Mediterranean coast. If I continue, I could probably finish that goal in half a century since I just got the Imperialism CB. I don't know where I'd go from there though. Colonizing is so boring. Oh well, it's time to start another new game!

Iwanow is proud

Here is my constitutional republic of New York, in 1410 with the new States Mod:
2r3f8l4.png

That Texas o_O

Not realy. Austria look like player next target, so i think poland might just conquer austria.
The player can beat anyone he sees fit. But a straight up fight between Poland and Austria without player intervention has a pretty predictable outcome. It'd probably end up with something like Lviv, Krakov, and Mazovia being released and a long string of names that describe what's being ceded.

Not realy. Austria look like player next target, so i think poland might just conquer austria.

I've had two recent wars with Austria, my only rival at the moment. They controlled most of northern Italy, Greece, and eastern Turkey before I took those holdings. They were also fielding 200k troops in a very small area, so I'd say Poland would have been smashed. Mega-Persia is far more formidable than Poland.

I've had two recent wars with Austria, my only rival at the moment. They controlled most of northern Italy, Greece, and eastern Turkey before I took those holdings. They were also fielding 200k troops in a very small area, so I'd say Poland would have been smashed. Mega-Persia is far more formidable than Poland.
I've posted a much bigger Poland in the past and it still got bullied by a much smaller Bohemia.

First vanilla game (or EU3 in general, CK2 got me hooked) in a looooooong time. I got Hungary and Lithuania in PUs and Smolensk is my vassal. Got the Hungary PU via a lucky claim and then I forced the claim on Lithuania to keep Hungary occupied so they wouldn't spam insults. At the moment Bohemia has a heir with a weak claim but I've got a truce with them and I don't think I can match their military might since they just got reelected emperor of the HRE. Funny thing is I was contemplating PUing Poland a couple of years ago, had I known I would have gotten lucky with Hungary I would probably have created a super Slavic PU empire just for the hell of it.

PDvM7.jpg

1B39159F5A58598A33E96235DD60D4621F3BB0D3.jpg

After many years of BOTH Time of Troubles AND Incompetent Ruler, and one succession crisis after another, I've finally thrown in the towel. This game is doing nothing but pissing me off. It started out so well, then my ruler died about a month before I was ready to easternize, and everything went to shit.