• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just started a game in Death and Taxes as Vijayanagar. Here is how my country looks in 1371.

I'm going to have to spend a lot of time bleeding off infamy, though...

Even the himalayas are looking suspiciously at india :D
You must convert this to Vic2 and crash all who stan beneath thy!
Victoria 2 is one of those games that I've never tried but really want to own eventually. Carrying Byzantium into the Victorian age could be the perfect impetus to do so.
Neapolitan africa?
By the time that I attacked them, Naples was in control of most of Italy and northeastern Africa. But apparently no one in Naples expected the Byzantine invasion, because all their troops were off in some pointless war in Milan, which made victory a little too easy (at least until they realized that half their territory was occupied and they finally decided put up a fight). Naples was in a personal union with Portugal, so I had to storm Lisboa to get them to capitulate.

Anyway, I did eventually receive a few Neapolitan provinces out of the deal, and through successive wars I whittled away their Italian holdings and also made my way into Alexandria (necessary to establish the Pentarchy). With Napoli completely surrounded by Byzantine territory, they moved their capital to Stadacona. Once they had absconded from Europe, I lost all interest in taking the remaining Neapolitan provinces in Africa, because it would've required sailing a massive army to North America and subduing the 60,000 men they had stationed there - possible with quite a bit of effort, but the upside was small and the only reason to do it was for the pure greed of territorial expansion, and anyway by that time I was in the process of taking Iberia.

Last edited:
rsUgT.jpg

Here's my Ottoman game, 1492 start. I started out rushing the Balkans, ripping Hungary to shreds. I established a power base there and went after the Mamluks using a throne claim. I kept taking land from Hungary until they were gone. By then, Poland was getting really annoying so I utterly destroyed them, freeing the TO who formed Prussia shortly afterward. France converted to Protestantism and is the greatest power second only to me. I fought with the Bohemians a lot but climaxed when I went to war with them and found that, from where I stood, I could dismantle the HRE. So, after a few years of warfare the HRE is gone. I had a few wars with AK but that ended when I freed Persia whom I'm keeping as an ally. I integrated the Mamluks and am still waiting for my cores, I also vassalized Ethiopia. The Iberians were trouble from the start and were constantly trying to establish a hegemony over the Mediterranean. (Breakdown of events) take south Italy from Aragon -> Navarra is released and given some territory -> Aragon is annexed by Castille -> Portugal is mostly annexed by Castille -> I go to war with Castille -> I take Gibraltar, Granada, and NE Castille -> Give NE Castille to Navarre. Now Castille is simply destroyed by France. I then went further up Italy and took Rome.

8hjMx.jpg
I started colonizing early on. Portugal ate the Maya while I was still in the dark and when they got mostly eaten by Castille they moved their capital to America.

H5mVT.jpg
India has become clown barf since the Europeans arrived.

pfPzP.jpg
Diplomacy

OGntW.jpg
Religion

Here's my Ottoman game, 1492 start. I started out rushing the Balkans, ripping Hungary to shreds. I established a power base there and went after the Mamluks using a throne claim. I kept taking land from Hungary until they were gone. By then, Poland was getting really annoying so I utterly destroyed them, freeing the TO who formed Prussia shortly afterward. France converted to Protestantism and is the greatest power second only to me. I fought with the Bohemians a lot but climaxed when I went to war with them and found that, from where I stood, I could dismantle the HRE. So, after a few years of warfare the HRE is gone. I had a few wars with AK but that ended when I freed Persia whom I'm keeping as an ally. I integrated the Mamluks and am still waiting for my cores, I also vassalized Ethiopia. The Iberians were trouble from the start and were constantly trying to establish a hegemony over the Mediterranean. (Breakdown of events) take south Italy from Aragon -> Navarra is released and given some territory -> Aragon is annexed by Castille -> Portugal is mostly annexed by Castille -> I go to war with Castille -> I take Gibraltar, Granada, and NE Castille -> Give NE Castille to Navarre. Now Castille is simply destroyed by France. I then went further up Italy and took Rome.

I started colonizing early on. Portugal ate the Maya while I was still in the dark and when they got mostly eaten by Castille they moved their capital to America.

India has become clown barf since the Europeans arrived.

Diplomacy

Religion

I like the Danish(?) Nova Scotia perched on the edge of Ottoman N.A. And Portugal's sensible colonization!

My ottoman empire.Quite well for 1586.Also spain is a friend playng,he is kinda new to the game so he only has that in europe and some colonies in america.We didnt helped each other,in fact we got couple of wars against each other.
EGLfE.jpg

The colonies of my friend(playng as him in order to be able to see them).
orzL6.jpg

What mod is that?

Terra Universalis, I used to play it before I found Steppe Wolf/Versemina Vlast because it was the first mod I found that had no wasteland, after finding that Whole World Mod didn't work right.

I still occasionally play it when Steppe Wolf bores me.

TU literally has dozens of native tribes where there are like only a few or none at all in Steppe Wolf.

It's got Inuit in northern canada, at least 40+ African tribes, a lot of North American and South American tribes including Algonquin, Blackfeet, Cree, Chiquitos, Cusco, etc.

You should try it you'll prolly like it if you like Steppe Wolf =P

I am trying a world conquest with Ming with Death and Taxes 6.5 (there are no factions in this mod, so at least I won't have to deal with that). I've never tried anything like this before, so it will definitely be a challenge. I'm pretty sure I'm going to ignore the infamy limit (by "ignore" I mean that I'll allow myself to go over it, I might still pay attention to my infamy, if I don't just try and do infamy wars from the start), but I haven't made the decision yet. I'll make that decision when I peace out Yuan. I drew a line with the land that I start out with plus all of my occupied territory (I won't be able to take all of the occupied territory, though, as it costs more than 100). I drew part of the line too long.
scuvl1.png

Some notes:
-These Chinese provinces are super-cheap to take in peace deals. All of my of my occupied territory would cost only 131 to take in a peace deal.
-Rebels. I've had to deal with a lot of them. Since I had a 15k army in total before I recently built 5k more, the rebels are a big deal. I've had to deal with 6k rebels spontaneously appearing, sometimes when I'm counting on moving my troops somewhere, sometimes when I'm besieging something with 1k men, just in very inconvenient times. Other Chinese nations are sponsoring most of them (most of them probably from spies). I've considered missing out on the 100% peace deal I've been looking for just to escape them.

Beautiful violet.

The russians see golden horde rollin',they hatin',tryin' to catch it fightin' dirty :D