• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I once inherited Janina or something out of nowhere as Austria, it can happen :p
Well an austrian empress had benn exiled in corfu so again it seems legit to inherit the whole region :p

Well an austrian empress had benn exiled in corfu so again it seems legit to inherit the whole region :p

Sadly inheritances are completely hardcodded so no way to change that :(

Anyway an update on my Savoy game:

I grew quite a bit, mostly thanks to France falling apart. Armagnac and Auvergne are my vassals, and so is Milan, Barcelona and Cilli. Most Italian minors are under my sphere, and everything around me is guaranteed. I will soon be able to form Lombardy, clean up Italian minors and focus on colonization :)

Last edited:
Here is my Japan MP game. I started as Minamoto and allied with Manchu (and only Manchu) 1399-1821.

api3qd.png

I decided to stay Shinto. For glory of Japan!

2.png

Here you can see some issues between Lithuania and Manchu. ;) Manchu lost 1-3 provinces to Lithuania so that's why this border is so ugly.

3.png

I failed a bit in tech, focused on wrong sliders.

4.png

Japan was at top some time, but then Europe decided to unite against "Asia", so it screwed my economy a bit. :p

5.png

Look only at Japan, the rest just removed troops just because it was 1820 anyway. Basically europe had 1,5kk troops and we had 1kk.

6.png

It expains my low tech, a bit.

7.png

World map. Yes, going for africa was so stupid. But at that moment I didn't even except to "survive".

world-map.png

I did it just for lulz in the end.

lubeck.png

Last edited:
Here is my Japan MP game. I started as Minamoto and allied with Manchu (and only Manchu) 1399-1821.

api3qd.png

I decided to stay Shinto. For glory of Japan!

2.png

Here you can see some issues between Lithuania and Manchu. ;) Manchu lost 1-3 provinces to Lithuania so that's why this border is so ugly.

3.png

I failed a bit in tech, focused on wrong sliders.

4.png

Japan was at top some time, but then Europe decided to unite against "Asia", so it screwed my economy a bit. :p

5.png

Look only at Japan, the rest just removed troops just because it was 1820 anyway. Basically europe had 1,5kk troops and we had 1kk.

6.png

It expains my low tech, a bit.

7.png

World map. Yes, going for africa was so stupid. But at that moment I didn't even except to "survive".

world-map.png

I did it just for lulz in the end.

lubeck.png

No wonder you're behind in tech with a TE of 88.

Well I have no idea why it was so low. I spammed buildings so much (5.5 mags per year). But later on I had to spam a lot higest level army buildings to increase my manpower/army limit to protect against europe..

I don't think my income was bad, more like that I was too narrowinded (I wanted to spread shinto)

Muscowy 1510 on very hard... wow so difficult, i had to reload so many times...

eu324v.png

Was finally able to destroy the Golden Horde. Now I have to build my economy and tech (will remain full narrowminded though) before expanding in Europe. I am very far in tech and 30 inflation :-/ Lithuania, Poland, Sweden and Ottomans are dangerous, I am allied with Castille though.

Started a new game today,figured I'd post it here:

EU3_3.png

This is with WizMod w/ DAO map.

Muscowy 1510 on very hard... wow so difficult, i had to reload so many times...

Was finally able to destroy the Golden Horde. Now I have to build my economy and tech (will remain full narrowminded though) before expanding in Europe. I am very far in tech and 30 inflation :-/ Lithuania, Poland, Sweden and Ottomans are dangerous, I am allied with Castille though.

30 inflation?
Oh, i myself wouldn't even play like this...it's not hard to keep inflation from increasing, and at most you'll have 5-7 as a very small country...

But it's possible to recover ;) At least you have something to keep you busy until end-game (inflation and strong enemies) :)

I feel like Castile often allies with player countries.

In my Germany game in IN, they were my steadfast ally against France, as well as my Netherlands game.

I just recently got DW, but now they're my ally as the Byzantines.

Having issues with uploading images to the site, so I had to use image shack.

My D&T very hard Lotharingia game.

First 1500:

Now current year 1606:

Europe:

Was originally thinking to try WC, but I wasted to much time messing around in Europe and not taking advantage of the 1 BB Holy Wars. I inherited both Portugal and Spain (which accounts for all my South American holdings). Also inherited Bohemia who had swallowed up much of Poland. Got a PU with Milan about 20 years into the game, and haven't managed to inherit them yet. I dismantled the HRE in the mid 1500s.

Think I am going to just go for complete control of the Americas and Europe. Was trying to set up the Serbian/Russian alliance as my end boss, but Serbia just decided to war dec me so it looks like I might have to take them apart earlier than I wished.

Sicily surprised me, never seen them do this well. They may have taken all of Italy if I wasn't blocking them. Morocco was also huge until I intervened. Since then they have lost 3/4 of their land.

@Slym: Castile was my stalwart ally against France for quite awhile.

Last edited: