• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Incredibly annoying how the Ottomans never reclaim their cores in Anatolia, even when they're doing great otherwise.

True, that. I hope pdox follows this thread (and the strange screenshot thread) because it contains a wealth of information as to where additional balancing is required.

5.0 hordes were unable to conquer anything. Now 5.1 hordes are just expanding everywhere, and seem to be unstopable. Maybe 5.2 should balance this thing?

Also hordes being at constant war should not mean they are at war with everyone at the same moment. AND weak nation, comparing to horde, should be much more likely to offer tribute to hordes...

All that makes sense Iwanow, but is not as simple to code in EU3 terms - remember youre human, you can think, youre not limited to code. What you as human would consider a weak state can be very tricky to code, and requires lots and lots of debugging to get just right - in game.

C3F288F5723D38F5E205BE75D1B6413942B0C044

9DF6A62D156EDD8AE69FBD2DF4A34C4EE51924FE

Started in 1399 as Sweden, paused, released Finland and then started as them. My goal was to make pretty borders for Scandinavia. England and Luneburg decided to get all up in my face about that so my strategy was go for free trade, make money, build up my piss poor provinces, become uncontested naval power, blockade Britain and Nothern Europe, unleash spies and watch all the lands defect to my Scandinavian friends.

I am playing now with Norway and have to say those provinces are more poor and standard than I have thought it would be.

Fur, unlike most other resources, does not really get any better at time goes on. Provincial improvements do not increase demand for them. I'd rather have Iron and Naval Supplies. Plus for Poorland, that event which costs you 25 ducats because your local fur trappers are not assisting can be punishing.

This game was one of my many "neat" game approaches where I refuse to expand wildly either for land or vassals. I try to make all my provinces have all the provincial improvements and become a trading powerhouse. My eventual goal is to create a "beautiful borders" Europe, possibly of 1913 or modern day. If you have a small-ish country with all the province improvements, you can happily breat truce multiple times. I smashed Denmark 3 times within a couple years to eat them up then release them.

So, a lot of screenies :

From my Mughals game on D&T :
Who needs to care about War Exhaustion? I have a World War to fight, no time to lose with pesky rebels that are tired of my war. :rolleyes:
eu310b.jpg

Now the Empire:
eu311e.jpg

And income...no comments...
eu312z.jpg

A casual MP game in D&T, played as Aragon->Iberia, just two really awesome screenies...
I warn, really awesome screenshots :
First...
eu313.jpg

And then...
eu314.jpg
I felt warm when that happened, i was happy.

Now from my most recent game, on OOT mod as Sri Vijaya...
Oh...So portuguese dinasty in England and they also lead PU with Bohemia...Portugal is also scary...
eu320u.jpg

At first i was going to go muslim, but when i knew that was an option i couldn't miss it ;)
eu321.jpg

wait...WHAT? What a perfect place for that...under the same king who converted to catholicism and bashed the heathens, i knew i should never have hired a new theologian!
eu323.jpg

I didn't reload but i should have...that was insane.

Now le kingdom, nothing unusual, allied to Ming and planning to take all of Indochina, Japan is almost unified (Uesugi needs to annex 2 vassals)...i will probably holy war on India if possible...
eu325v.jpg

France on Very hard/ normal AI aggression in 1627

A tough game! I was defeated by Austria and had to reload. After, I was able to PU Poland and ally Muscowy. Austria was able almost alone to defeat all three of us and conquering almost all of Poland! I had to give her two Poland provinces, and now she borders Ottomans, who probably felt threatened and accepted my alliance. So now it's the 4 biggest land powers in Europe to defeat one. Austria has the same manpower as me (about 200k) but I can field 100K men and they can field 250k men. Ridiculous. Now I am in the midst of badboy wars, among them a war of me, my PUed Poland and Ottomans against Austria, time to stop them. Oh and Austria is always at war, in turn it's against Spain, then England, then me.

france1627sa.png

france1627na.png

france1627europe.png

france1627africa.png

eu3mapfra16272271.png

Last edited:
So, a lot of screenies :

From my Mughals game on D&T :
Who needs to care about War Exhaustion? I have a World War to fight, no time to lose with pesky rebels that are tired of my war. :rolleyes:
eu310b.jpg

Now the Empire:
eu311e.jpg

And income...no comments...
eu312z.jpg

A casual MP game in D&T, played as Aragon->Iberia, just two really awesome screenies...
I warn, really awesome screenshots :
First...
eu313.jpg

And then...
eu314.jpg
I felt warm when that happened, i was happy.

Now from my most recent game, on OOT mod as Sri Vijaya...
Oh...So portuguese dinasty in England and they also lead PU with Bohemia...Portugal is also scary...
eu320u.jpg

At first i was going to go muslim, but when i knew that was an option i couldn't miss it ;)
eu321.jpg

wait...WHAT? What a perfect place for that...under the same king who converted to catholicism and bashed the heathens, i knew i should never have hired a new theologian!
eu323.jpg

I didn't reload but i should have...that was insane.

Now le kingdom, nothing unusual, allied to Ming and planning to take all of Indochina, Japan is almost unified (Uesugi needs to annex 2 vassals)...i will probably holy war on India if possible...
eu325v.jpg

Hey, what Mod let you form Iberia? I want to form Iberia!

D&T/any mod based on that mod.

Here's my Austria -> Austro-Hungary Empire.

Just finished off what I'd consider the 'Thirty Years War' in HRE history (due to have a female ruler, Bohemia gained Emperorship and passed two reforms. Then the Reformation happened and my attempts to convert got me into conflict with the Emperor, who removed my Elector-Status.

Then I became Emperor with Albert IV von Habsburg and continued the Thiry/Fourty-Years War. Finally it ended with Mattias I von Habsburg as the empire all has Catholic-member states.)

2dtovir.jpg

Religious; Paganism has well survived into the 14th century since Lithuania smashed the GH, and became the border between Catholic Europe and Orthodox Russia. Byzantium survived due to my intervention (removed Ottomans core), and ultimately Catholicism is attempting to survive the Protestant Reformation.

2dkwgk.jpg

Outside Europe: Chobanids have basically become the central-Empire in the middle east. Hinduism in India has just died, only little parts exist in South-East Asia.

2vsp0ub.jpg

China has not been unified, the Mamluks and Moroccans have colonies in Asia and yeah...

2ezmfzo.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my Austria -> Austro-Hungary Empire.

Just finished off what I'd consider the 'Thirty Years War' in HRE history (due to have a female ruler, Bohemia gained Emperorship and passed two reforms. Then the Reformation happened and my attempts to convert got me into conflict with the Emperor, who removed my Elector-Status.

Then I became Emperor with Albert IV von Habsburg and continued the Thiry/Fourty-Years War. Finally it ended with Mattias I von Habsburg as the empire all has Catholic-member states.)

2dtovir.jpg

Religious; Paganism has well survived into the 14th century since Lithuania smashed the GH, and became the border between Catholic Europe and Orthodox Russia. Byzantium survived due to my intervention (removed Ottomans core), and ultimately Catholicism is attempting to survive the Protestant Reformation.

2dkwgk.jpg

Outside Europe: Chobanids have basically become the central-Empire in the middle east. Hinduism in India has just died, only little parts exist in South-East Asia.

2vsp0ub.jpg

China has not been unified, the Mamluks and Moroccans have colonies in Asia and yeah...

2ezmfzo.jpg

What's the red religion in lithuania? That can't be animism, is it?