• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My catholix (P)Russia just turned into Germany. I'm allied with GB and Austria btw.

EU3_MAP_GER_172941_1.png

EU3_MAP_GER_172941_2.png

My small spanish colonial empire in 1495. After this screenshot a huge European war began (Spain, England VS France, Burgundy) Utterly exciting :p
m7qgk5.jpg

Teutonic Order. for the first 100 years I kept expanding only with missions, after that I took some lithuanie to get border with GH. After that it was jsut huge amount of colonizing.

EU3_MAP_SPA_167271_1.jpg

This is my Aragon ->Spain game in 1672 I inherited Portugal and I'm currently leading a PU with Burgundy and France. I don't really know if I'm going to continue this game or not.

Interesting notes: Austria has some neat looking borders; The HRE keeps switching from an Austrian to Pommeranian ruler; That is indeed Brabant in Madagascar (a vassal of Pommerania); Navarra managed to kick some Burgundian ass in North America (due to their alliance with UK); Castille is still alive (although being an OPM in Africa is not that good)

315658_2049384007671_1636598370_1577527_1665888894_n.jpg

I don't beleive I'll be continuing this game anymore, Navarra is annoying as hell. It crippled my spies and keeps spamming revolts on my colonies, the worst part, my only good ally, Portugal, is DotCF AND Allied with Navarra. UK's Henry III is crazy strong and they're not accepting white peace. Just look at Persia!

http://imgur.com/JXesQ

The grand Greek Empire of Athena ! Soon to probably be eaten up by ethier the increasingly aggressive Hungarians or the nasty English with their aspirations for Mare interum naval domination !!
I know it's not a particularly impressive empire but it's the first time I've motivated myself to play DW through as I didn't like it as much as HTTT at first sight, starting as a OPM surrounded by Byzantine & Italian powers and the might Ottomans wasn't fun.

After much prostituting myself to the then-superpower Venice and then in turn, the still ever strong Ottomans I managed to cultivate a triumvirate between the three of us, one that suprisingly lasted to this date, and is pretty much the only reason Venice still stands (I couldn't bear to stab them in the back when my ferraran allies demanded me too, thus I sided with Venice and saw the short lived Ferraran Empire crumble to dust.)

The Ottomans have destroyed Byzantium ofcourse and along with much of the Eastern European world began to colonize the fallen Golden Horde and Nogai tribes, France has largely been held firm by Burgundy and as a result England has prospered dramatically, as you can see. Scandinavia is an odd one, with Finland formed and Denmark still extremely strong. At the moment the two greatest powers are Hungary (HRE) and Lithunia, pretty much the only Orthodox power left in existence with the exception of the smaller Russkies and the broken Georgian states - I was converted to Catholicism forcfully by the papacy in the early 1400s when theyheld a large Italian and North African empire, although it has slowly crumbled the remants can be seen west of tunisia.

My main objective now is to find somewhere to expand to, I have made part of Sicilly Greek cultured and Lower Italia & Neriopolis are currently being settled, Rhodes & Cyprus are on their way to being converted and the other halve of Sicilly is vassilised. Malta is still being built up.

Economically I am fairly poweful, holding monopolies over Genoa & Venice. Nearly all of my provinces are fully built up and militarily my Navy is the strongest in the eastern med.

However I admit I am reluctant to expand against Venice, who I feel a somewhat illogical attachment to due to the fact they have stuck by me for so long and my existence is the only thing that has kept their once massive empire from totally fading into obscurity. the case of the Ottomans is again, a reluctance to break our strong relations but also a fear of the immense strength they possess. Nonetheless eastwards may be my own option as I do not want to expand any further North in Italy than Mantua or indeed any further west in the Med than perhaps Corisca.

England keeps Diplo insulting me though and they have in the last 5 years aggressively attacked many Med. countries, taking Sardina and parts of North Africa, despite my naval strength the threat of the 100 ship strong english navy makes the quivel with fear D:

Any ideas?

EDIT: Any idea how to change ones username? Signed with facebook and it bugged and gave my username as my actual name, not that I min just feels odd.

Can I make a request?

Who can do a world Domination with Great Britain? Shouldn't be that hard compared to Ryuku, but still I'd like to witness it.

I'm still relatively new to EU3 and this is by far the best game I had so far. This screenshot is just after the end of the war with the GH and after I sold the part of the Syrian desert to Najd for 700 ducats. Mass conversion in place in Asia Minor. Cooldown to lower infamy and war exaustion, hopefully Hungary won't give me trouble, they haven't so far. After the process is done, I plan to take the rest of the Mameluk coast to connect it with Alexandria, I don't know if I will take any of the land provinces besides Sinai.

eu31j.png

That is really impressive for a newbie :D Gaining all the regions before loosing cores - that must have been a very hard fight.
Did Castille helped you with the Ottos or the Timurids ?

Are you using any MOD? Or how it makes that your country name is not Byzantinum? :-?
I don't think that the Adopt the T*****y National Decision changes the country name to.

Well my friend, welcome to the FORUMS ! Don't forget to register your games to have access to the Tech Support and other full of advantages regions of the site.

Last edited:
No actually, I did it on my own mostly, even though I had help from Wallachia and Hungary early on, but Asia Minor was just me, going patiently from country to country, closing the Ottomans in and basically finishing the job. Yeah, it wasn't all that easy, but I played on Normal so I don't know if that accounts for anything. I mainly followed the advice people gave me, build the fleet, close the channel, win.

No, I am not using any mod, I looked up how to change the country name on the forums and put the name in. I saw that was how the Greeks called the Easter Roman Empire and I said "well, since I'm already giving Greek(ish) names to provinces, why not do it for the whole country?"

And thanks for the welcome :)

I assume you changed the localisation?
That's a nice BYZ, and that's coming from me, someone who thinks there is too much BYZ in this world.