• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My Empire of Hindustan:
b620kz.jpg

Sind, Punjab, Nepal, Shan the Maldives and Vientiane are my vassals. At the end I was close to making a thousand ducats a year without minting. That little red part on my eastern coast is Great Britain, my bestest buddy in the world and the nation that let me westernize (At least to Oriental, too many stab hits and decentralization hits ensured I'd never get to anything better). I inherited Pegu, but apparently they didn't like it for some reason and came back to my south. I would have had "French Asia", but Britain always floundered against the French after forming GB.

hahaha, same mistake that I made in my last game.

After Westernizing the first time, you need to resist western influences. this will stop all negative events (-1 stab; -1 centralization.. you know..); after 10 years this resist west. influences is gone, without any negative effects, and you should have had enough time to get stability back up. then you could westernize again, again resisting western influences after that, and after 10 years you could reform your military.

The succesfull way of westernizing is resisting western influence. :D

Is this possible only in your mod or in the normal DW aswell?

Not my mod :laugh: Karhunkynsi made it.

But seriously though, if you like vanilla DW but wish it was more detailed, go download MiscMods. It's pretty awesome.

@Hindustan: I'm...actually kind of surprised that France took Bengal. I've never seen them do that o.o

Asiatic Prussia? Awww man ... If Frederick the Great would have seen you know, he would pull your eyes off. This is blasphemy. And a very nice empire :) GJ

Little update on my Scotland game. The Reformation has started in earnest, although so far only Bavaria and Hungary have converted.
Lotharingia formed completely on its own, which I find pretty amazing. Now they're playing the old Embargo-NoEmbargo game with me.
Notice how the GH is still around! The rest of Asia also looks interesting with a successful Korea and a balkanized India.

Jpdg9.jpg

Here's my Iranian(Persia) empire so far.(MEIOU)
eu31z.png

Me and vassals/allies:
eu32a.png

Religion:
eu33.png

So far my only real worry (besides my infamy being so low) is that everybody from Western Europe decided to dog pile Anatolia and the Levant which means my goal of reconquering the Acheamenid Empire isn't going to be as smooth as I'd had hoped. Egypt revolted from the Mamlukes along with Syria. That green you see in central Turkey is Sicily(I recolored some factions) along with Venice, Great Britain and Castille.(As well as any Turkish minors that have survived) Georgia since I took that screenshot has collapsed and I vasslized the Germanoglu(SP?) when they appeared from the remains.:laugh:

PS:Yes, that's France in the Maghreb.

Last edited:
Heres my Serbian Empire:

Ottomans managed to annex Constantinople, which sort of made me proclaim myself Emperor and Protector of Greece, hence the recreation of Serbian Empire. Currently waiting for Ottomans to get dragged into some war (Mamlukes or Persia) and ill jump in, Constantinople will be mine!!!

Little update on my Scotland game. The Reformation has started in earnest, although so far only Bavaria and Hungary have converted.
Lotharingia formed completely on its own, which I find pretty amazing. Now they're playing the old Embargo-NoEmbargo game with me.
Notice how the GH is still around! The rest of Asia also looks interesting with a successful Korea and a balkanized India.

Jpdg9.jpg

Do you intend to convert?

In all my France games at some point there is a huge Franco-Bohemian war :) Most of the time is the greatest event and the most exciting thing to do during the 15xx

Diplomatic map:

World map:

I'm not looking to brag, I'm just finding the circumstances that have arisen quite fun to play:

It is 1435.

I delivered a crippling blow to the English at the start of the game, and England never got back up again. I formed a personal union with Northumberland, which I rapidly inherited, and decided to vassalise it after that. Wales and Scotland have divided up England's land, and I'm not expecting to see Great Britain form. Without a big red blob on its doorstep, Connacht almost formed Ireland - it had all the provinces, but it was still at war with Wales after annexing Munster.

Over the course of several wars, I took Burgundy apart, and the countries I formed decided it would be best if they became my vassals rather than receive a similar treatment. I couldn't form Flanders from Artois and Valenciennes, so I let some Wallonian patriots loose on them, and they handed the provinces over to Hainaut.

Lithuania collapsed down to three provinces a few years into the game, which created a huge Smolensk, Polotsk and Ukraine, which then decided to fight amongst themselves while the Golden Horde breathed down their necks. Fortunately, the Horde's advance was stopped by everyone deciding to pay tribute.

In Lithuania's absence, Bohemia reclaimed Poland's Empire provinces, along with its
northern half, pushing it out of relevance.

The Teutonic Order has become massive without Lithuania to block its path, and it has survived several wars with the Scandinavians.

Denmark is successfully establishing itself in Russia, has annexed Mecklenberg, and has cores on the Hansa, as well as a personal union with Polotsk. Sweden broke away briefly, but Denmark reforged the Kalmar Union by force, swiping one of Sweden's unfortified provinces while they were at it.

There was briefly a massive Yaroslavl, but it collapsed and Qasim Khanate crawled out.

Austria has decided to push into the Balkans, something I have never seen it do before.

Venice has made solid progress in Greece - it annexed up its vassals and subjugated Achaea. I guess with the situation at home, it's trying to get away from Austria.

Austria and Bohemia are allies, which has resulted in every one of my European forays landing me in a war with Austria, Bohemia, Switzerland and a bunch of smaller countries, which, while manageable, isn't something I want to deal with everytime I make a push towards the Empire. So, I decided to copy something I saw Castille do in another game, and took Moroccan provinces next to terra incognita and start colonisation early.

I've been allied with Castille since the start, and it's made for an excellent partnership. Castille was allied with Portugal, but since Portugal was also allied with Aragon, their relations turned rotten.

All in all, this should be quite enjoyable later on.

Take this as an example :) Just fought / made them.

2m29a4m.jpg

Somebody please explain to me how the tradition works. We see in this picture that in both his battles with Ruprecht I, he completely destroys him, but gains minimal tradition while Bohemia gains a noticeable amount. I don't get it

All in all, this should be quite enjoyable later on.

I can tell you, it will not be. Since you smashed your only opponents early, there will be no challenge in the later games, and you will rapidly get bored. Might as well start a new game.
Btw, stay out of Afrika, it sucks. The whole continent sucks.

And.. don't worry, you're not bragging. ;) People have bragged about some really unimpressive stuff. For a newer player (I'm assuming), you have a nice little France there. Start annexing vassals!

Somebody please explain to me how the tradition works. We see in this picture that in both his battles with Ruprecht I, he completely destroys him, but gains minimal tradition while Bohemia gains a noticeable amount. I don't get it

This is utterly confusing for me to :) But i noticed that the defender always gain less tradition :D

That's how the tradition is supposed to work... The loser gets more than the winner, probably to simulate 'learning from past mistakes'. Also, it's a basic rubber band mechanic, the more successful you are, the tougher opposition you will face.

HRE-formed.jpg

So for my first "real" game I decided to try and form the HRE, starting as France. It took a while because I don't really have a good handle on managing the economic side of things yet, but this is the result. Now I need to decide if I want to find a new challenge in this game or start a new one.

Last edited: