• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whats that bright red nation in south-east Africa and in the middle of Australia?!?!

In Southeast Africa is Mombasa, did a good job to unify the swahili city states.
In Australia is Uluru.

AI Castille inherited Burgundy!!

4XbcU.jpg

or ally with Castille and destroy France :p

Nice Switz empire brother :)
Ally with France and crush Castille !! !!

Turns out Castille is allied with France :>

Some other cool things happening: Aragon is in a PU under Bohemia, and Portugal is in a PU under England. Oh and Milan has vassalised all its neighbours (Tirol, Styria, Urbino, Ferrara).

eu3mapsco1517111.png

Scotland 1517, unfortunately I have pretty much the same color as Castile but they will probably end up forming spain so that should make things easier (color wise).

I've taken just about all of the British isles except for wales (I don't want to let my infamy get too high). England was an easy kill early on since I was able to wipe out all their armies and then take the northern third of their regions. Then Aragon got into a war with them and wound up taking a couple regions on the south coast and forced them to release wales. Aragon later collapsed though and I wound up getting their regions, however by then Portugal had taken Glamorgan and Cornwall from Wales and Wales still owned Gwenyed. I eventually managed to beat the Portuguese and take those two regions but I am letting Wales live for now. Funny thing is they have been under siege for the past 80 years since the rebel army currently besieging them only has 600 men and thus it won't make any progress.

In other parts of the world I have taken parts of Zapotec and Creek. I didn't really want these regions but I made sure to take the coastal regions so other people couldn't take them. It also gave me cores in North America which has given me a huge leg up in terms of colonizing. I also took the coastal regions of Mali and Benin for the same reasons.

And yes the big blue blob is that fragmented, France got excommunicated about 50 years back and everyone ganged up on them. It got so bad that for awhile France didn't even have it's name on the map while Orleans did. They are on their way back to relevancy though.

I ran a hands-off game with Miscmods and the Intelligent Wars mod to see if the latter produced a more sensible looking world. And you know, aside from Britain, the Middle East and a few random colonies, I think it did.

EAQYs.png

I ran a hands-off game with Miscmods and the Intelligent Wars mod to see if the latter produced a more sensible looking world. And you know, aside from Britain, the Middle East and a few random colonies, I think it did.

EAQYs.png

My face when Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Brazil were in the right places...
tn_4.jpg

Maybe there's even more whose colours I don't recognize.

too orange.

It's Oranje, a revolt state and all the revolters are in the good places , not all cores recoverd.
Oranje is a bit stupid to have tbh, since it was only thanks to Boer and since that never happens, the country is so ashistorical

I should have mentioned that Miscmods has the colonial revolt system which makes the American nations (and Oranje) appear properly.

Intelligent Wars mod? What does it do, exactly?

It's a tiny AI mod that reduces the number of random AI wardecs, so the AI can focus on more sensible wars like going after cores or missions.

Here

I've finally managed to complete my Flanders > Dutch game. Miscmods-Shattered Europe.
eu3mapned182012311.png

eu3mapned182012312.png
eu39l.png
eu38a.png

Thanks to the revolution of Barasya and myself forcing the release of USA, Zaragoza was completely seperated from the sea. What little they had left in Iberia revolted to Mallorca, Badajoz and Navarra. They used to be a massive super-power before I brought them down.

I was completely blind-sided relatively early on in the game when I inherited Austria right out of the blue. I've actually had a surprising amount of spontaneous inheritances, but Austria was certainly the biggest. After that, my ascension to the HRE throne was quick and easy. I've held the position for the rest of the game and I never, ever had a problem with prestige ever again. I didn't want to inherit the HRE, though, so I only reformed up to the one that provides the global tax modifier.

Over in the Eastern world, you might notice that Wu has been going on adventures into India and Persia. Even stranger, Ming managed to slip out and conquer Mutapa and Swahili, creating a new home for themselves, away from the marauding Wu.

In the very last moments of the game, I witnessed Sweden go revolutionary. Unfortunately, it was way too late for me to see what would result from it. I think that was the first time I'd ever seen an AI nation go revolutionary, too . . .

And now I will predict the reaction of my fellow forumites: GAAAAH! HORRIBLE BORDERS!!! SEPPUKU! *guts self*