• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3_MAP_ITA_1538717_1.jpg

It was pretty tough in the beginning with all that rebels. But it's fine now. Burgundy is in union under me and imperial reforms are going well so i am about to get even bigger.
And those annoying Castilian morons always have a bunch of heirs in stock.

Question: if I restore the Byzantine Empire as Trebizond owning all of the Byzantine provinces, can I get the achievement? I started my game in 1399, but was it neccessary that I begin as Byzantium?

Question: if I restore the Byzantine Empire as Trebizond owning all of the Byzantine provinces, can I get the achievement? I started my game in 1399, but was it neccessary that I begin as Byzantium?

From what I can read it seems you have to start with BYZ tag so necessary it is.

I just inherited Bohemia. And France. And England. And Castile.

256qkug.jpg

Oh and I'm also Emperor thanks to having vassalized most of the electors. This is the World in 1639:

313n2p3.jpg

and the Italian Empire with all it's allies:

25j8lmd.jpg

I did most of the colonizing myself. I colonized all of South America except for 3 provinces in the north, All of Western Africa down to the tip. I had some colonies and conquered provinces in Mexico along with Castille, and in North America Colonized mainly modern day USA and parts of Ontario. I am now the only colonial power, and the biggest world power (I already was, but France and Castile were in 2nd and 3rd). I can't wait until they all core (at the same time... gotta remember to turn off the announcement popup).

That is twelve kinds of awesome. :) What game settings were you playing?

Here's my Turkish empire:

EU3_MAP_TUR_1436.5.14_12222.jpeg

It's 1436, and I've had pretty awesome luck. The Mamlukes have had all sorts of stability problems, and thus far haven't dared attack me. The Timurids have been distracted in the east, allowing me to take Van (which I acquired a core on) and the next province over, which I happily gave to the Jalayarids. They can deal with them!

The GH is the only major problem I have, as all of their enemies are content to just bribe them, save Ukraine, but they don't count because for the past decade or so they have been under 100% occupation by the GH and refuse to surrender. Zaporozhie is a GH vassal; I released them from Genoa only to see them fall. Jalayarids are my allies, Yemen is a lesser partner in a PU, but I don't know if I will keep that.

The Spanish Empire 1474;

EU3_MAP_SPA_147471_2.jpg

And the rest of the world;

EU3_MAP_SPA_147471_1.jpg

Formed Spain in a semi-historic way, forced a Union on Aragon which lasted 49 years before the ascension of Queen Juanna (Strangely she was "Isabela" until she was crowned, maybe there was already a Isabel and she didn't want to be Isabel #2 :p ) gave me the inheritance I'd waited for.

I'm not going for a complete dominance over the Americas or a WC, my goals are the historic Spanish Empire in the America's up to the modern Mexico-US Border. Mission pacing helped; Colonize La Plata get 4 colonists, colonise Spanish Main, generic "colonise here get colonist!". I seceeded Cape Verde to Portugal since it holds no value to me strategically and I'm hoping the additional Brazil province will distract it enough to make an interesting NA.

My BBF4Life is Hungary, who could have guessed a token alliance would last this long. Hungary sailed her little cogs to Iceland when I was defending the Netherlands from Denmark, turned the tide during my clash with Bohemia over the collapsed remains of Austria. I repaid in kind by smashing the Pol-Lit + Russians + Bohemia alliance that decided to gang bang Hungary. Props to landlocked Muscovy managing to get troops into Spain proper though!

Portugals just been there. . . has yet to do anything noteworthy, heck even Austria rebuilt herself and conquered parts of Asia minor. Portugal failed to annex fortless Tunisia

Ming's westward expansion seems to have ceased 25 years ago, the border is indentical to an earlier SS I took.

Netherlands is my pet project, Holland got "Claims on our Rivals" so when Burgundy ate the lowlands and broke the BB limit, I forced Hollands release and demanded Antwerpen and Vlanderen(sp). Once the Netherlands formed, I sold the new cores and watched it become Emperor for two generations, during which time it claimed all it's current territory bar Hainaut (I did it instead)

Naturally! Something so beautiful and (mostly) AI done must be preserved. So thus far I've fought pretty much everyone from France in the west all the way to Bachuistan(?) in the east. Those crazy Dutchmen attempting to reach India on foot, after all, boats are for the Brits.

I just inherited Bohemia. And France. And England. And Castile.

256qkug.jpg

Oh and I'm also Emperor thanks to having vassalized most of the electors. This is the World in 1639:

313n2p3.jpg

and the Italian Empire with all it's allies:

25j8lmd.jpg

I did most of the colonizing myself. I colonized all of South America except for 3 provinces in the north, All of Western Africa down to the tip. I had some colonies and conquered provinces in Mexico along with Castille, and in North America Colonized mainly modern day USA and parts of Ontario. I am now the only colonial power, and the biggest world power (I already was, but France and Castile were in 2nd and 3rd). I can't wait until they all core (at the same time... gotta remember to turn off the announcement popup).

So are you going to go for a WC? after all of that cores, you should have no problem.
Also, i noticed Ming is collapsed and there is an AI formed Hindustan 0_o
but you are still lage enough to crush everything now

That is twelve kinds of awesome. :) What game settings were you playing?

Default. Everything normal, with Historical Lucky Nations. I don't plan to do a WC, but I am easily able to crush anything and everything in my path. Would like to inherit Poland and Lithuania, and push deeper into Germany.

My Swiss game - I got to say not expanding can be fun too, beeing the richest country in the world and the most advanced can be fun.

EU3_MAP_SWI_1574212_1.jpg

Strange thing about the rest of the world, thats actualy Greece in Greece, its 1574 and the americas are still explored, also the biggest explorer apears to be Burgundy which is my utterly trusting ally.
In South america is Granada, and the exiled from europe brittany also bremen and hamburg colonised 2 provinces in africa!
Also guyanne apears to be doing quite well colonising.

EU3_MAP_SWI_1574220_1.jpg

Also the most messed up Europe relegiously speaking i ever saw.

EU3_3.jpg

Strange thing Ottos are Shiite.