• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Finally formed Romania! Now I have to a Polish-Lithuania alliances that could into space. I'm friends with the giant Muscowy and Bohemia.

Yes, my expansion is odd :s Hungary only collapsed recently and the Ottomans are only just declining. So I have to pick on Crimean minors

eu3mapned17558101.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/eu3mapned17558101.jpg/

In terms of territory not a huge empire but...

eu33q.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/eu33q.jpg/

When picking the cream of the provinces for myself and having a largely homogeneous empire of Dutch culture I do manage to easily dominate income.

(Not sure why my screenshots are not showing up despite me using the IMG tag)

Which mod gives you such a pretty F12-map?

I realllly wana know!

None; I do it by hand. Process is quite fast;

• Take F12 map
  • Open in GIMP
  • Make new layer from visible (this should copy the current layer
  • Open map/provinces.bmp as a layer
  • Use select all by colour on the white bits (sea) on the F12 layer
  • Select provinces.bmp layer, fill whole selection with white.
  • Filters -> Edge-Detect -> Edge on both the F12 Map and the upper provinces map (make sure to clear your selection first). I use the Roberts option here; doesn't really matter. Put the slider all the way to the right, though (Amount = 10).
  • Colours -> Threshold on both. This one's kind of hard to explain; you want to adjust the slider until all of your borders are one colour (usually white) and the non-borders are another (usually black); usually this means you want the left number to be 1.
  • Colours -> Invert on both. Now your borders should be black and the spaces white.
  • Go to the provinces layer, use select by colour on the borders. Zoom right in so you don't miss. IMPORTANT: this can cause slowdown even on powerful machines. Weaker ones may hang or take a very long time to complete this process.
  • Fill whole selection with some gray; I usually use a 50% black (128, 128, 128).
  • Clear selection
  • Colours -> Colour to Alpha on both. Colour in question is white (should be default)
  • Make sure your layers are in the order unchanged F12 (bottom), provinces.bmp, F12 (top).

And that should be it done. Should take you more than three or five minutes if you know what you're doing.

The fall of my empire with a modded in tribe that starts with the 3 mostsouth provinces in s-america..

welpwb.jpg

I had wars with Milan , Portugal , Sweden , Burgundy , Castille , Aragmac(?) , Poland , France and England. Then at my fall Aragon added insult to injury..

uYwJR.jpg

All bow to Fuman of Manchu! At the start of the game I declared war on Korea, Ming decided to use it's guarantee and after annexing most of Korea's lands I fought a war of attrition with Ming. Eventually the war efforts of other nations started to wear Ming down and I got the 3 Manchu cultured provinces from them - gaining a core on each because of a mission. After that it was 'easy' sailing once I got the Qing Dynasty modifier up. It still took <ages> to conquer all of it. Tibet had large squats of Ming under it's control, but wouldn't make peace. I'm not kidding - their war lasted for three or four decades. Oh well, now I got a border with Novgorod so I can prepare for westernizing while colonizing Siberia and the Indonesian isles :)

This time I started playing as Brandenburg, I wanted to form Germany and not become the HRE. After many PU and some wars finally I was able to form Germany at 1529.

000oq.jpg

Then wars, wars and more wars to get all German cores, and in the way many PU with UK, France, Castille, etc, etc. And in 1646 I had all the German terrotories and I was thinking about what the hell was going on with my PU, because had been a long time since my last inhetiration and I saw this:

001tvb.jpg

My first reaction was: WTF!! Rightly I was worried about it! Who said that the kings dies fast? :rolleyes:

After that just wars, PUs, expansion, kicking HRE ass, etc. And this is the result at 1760:

002oxi.jpg

003kud.jpg

Everyone: Hail first Reich!! :D

(Before anyone asks. I changed Austria to red, so I am playing as Austria.)

Doesn't look too interesting does it. Well think again.

Just a greeting to the people who browse this thread.

Last edited: