• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i think you only get the cores when inheriting if that nation is part of your culture group or something. portugal in your game for instance

Exactly. You, as Spain, only get cores for inheriting provinces of Iberian culture. You got cores from inheriting Aragon but not from France, England or Norway.

BTW: You should connect your "Spanish Asia" (which is not even in Asia at all) to the sea.

Last edited:
i think you only get the cores when inheriting if that nation is part of your culture group or something. portugal in your game for instance

Also if you are in the HRE and inherit another HRE nation, Austria inheriting Bohemia for example.

How do you force PU's?

Get a royal marriage. Once they have no heir or a weak heir you will be able to "claim throne". This will give you a casus belli that gives you the demand of a PU as a peace option. This option always requires 84% war score. You may also enter a PU without going to war if their heir-less king dies after you claimed their throne.

The countries that have a "claimable" throne are shown in the disputed succession banner.

How do you force PU's?

You can also use spies when they have low legitimacy to fabricate claims and get a CB to force a union.

There is my France Empire and yes in the east is a giant Ming. In the first Year I declared war on England with all my Vassals and Scotland, Burgundy, Brittany and Sweden was on Englands side. The war goes so long that Burgundy joined this war three times xD So I got many provinces from them and Brittany got annexed instantly. Then I had a looooong peace time where I Diplo-Annexed my Vassals and created new ones.

I joined the HRE to reduce my Infamy and get more taxes (Imperial Authority ftw)
Empire

Here is the giant Ming

PS: I hope this work I uploaded these Screens with Steam.

PPS: This is my first game^^ I got 11 Achievements.

PPPS: Dont blame me for my bad english D:

Just finished a game as Golden Horde/Mughals.

Can't think of much of note this time around except Portugal got kicked out of Europe (France conquered Iberia), and now has its capital in Honduras from which it rules a modest empire that consists of the east coast of Mexico and most of Central America. (Guess that isn't that weird.. France taking over Iberia and Portugal moving to the new world.)

And Taira converted to Catholic, became Holy Roman Emperor, and went to war with my ally Russia, which lasted for about a century until it formed Japan and I could finally sue for peace.

FYI, I'm still Tatar culturally and Sunni, I have Oriental Tech, and an Absolute Monarchy with the Chingisids still on the throne.

Untitled-3.png

MughalsSOI.png

MughalsStatistics.png

ai ottomans with semi historical borders?

My Empire in progress. I have dubbed this PU madness

Strategic Goals of GBR mostly met.
2u41yle.jpg

HRE tis mine..
2qktag7.jpg

And a ridiculous amount of well maintained unions and alliances:
35auezq.jpg

The only catch, I'm affected by the time of troubles event and the protestant movement is looming... hello e. tolerances national ideas. Why only +1 prestige you ask? Despite the +10% I get per year from hre and all the other strategic bonuses in my favor.. I spend a lot on expanding influence to get every magistrate I can to build buildings as fast as I can get them up.

I stand to get ridiculously huge as the game advances and GBR forming the HRE is a strong possibility. Stability has taken a hit because I recently changed ideas to pre-empt the coming religious turmoil.

On 1519, genoa's cores become mine.. meaning I will start expanding into southern russia and changing the cultures there via the hoard system. Can anyone say mother Britannia?

Also, did I mention that Iberia makes an awesome ally when PU'd?

English culture is already spreading in Ireland and Southern France via enforced settlements (Great for boosting population) and the plethora of trade centers now cored. Next target is likely the Ottomans and that strategic bonus for the control over the strait. Jerusalem isn't Catholic yet, but will be soon.

Last edited:
2011-07-03_00001.jpg

Thuringia -> Germany.
It isn't impressive yet, but I still find it an accomplishment. I have a ton of vassals that need annexing, but at the time, 3 had a good chance of diploannexing (one of which is now annexed already).

Lithuania is huge, Novgorod almost formed Russia, Portugal is everywhere, Great Britain started a war of reconquest against England, but got beaten by Scotland, France is divided between France and Burgundy, China is a mess, Japan is unchanged, the Ottomans have vanished and Byzantium took over...
So, a normal game of EU3, if you ask me.

Oh, yeah, I'm also HRE, with most electors vassalised, so that shouldn't be a problem. At least, until I annex them all, then I might just disband the whole HRE altogether...or I can pass enough reforms to make it a hereditary title, that would work.
But yeah, Thuringia is a great nation to form Germany with. They start off with 2 of the needed cores, and are surrounded by the others. Needless to say, PUs are amazing. I inherited Saxony, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg, and maybe some others I forgot about.

Oh, yeah, I'm also HRE, with most electors vassalised, so that shouldn't be a problem. At least, until I annex them all, then I might just disband the whole HRE altogether...or I can pass enough reforms to make it a hereditary title, that would work.

the emperor isnt able to disband it, but unifying it is way more fun anyway. and ridiculously easy.

I know, but when I annex my electors and lose my votes, I could lose the position of Emperor. So, I might disband it then. There's not much fun in unifying it imo, I'd rather just destroy it. If I can't have it, noone can =D

eu3e.png

YEMEN WILL GROW LARGER

My most successful game yet. First game I actually won a war against the Timmies, who ate up my rival, Oman. It took 8 years to take 2 provinces, but it was worth it. my new rivals are Bohemia and Castille, who have the capacity to easily destroy me. Trying to get to 1585 so i can modernise my military. In other news, France collapsed and is a mess, GH collapsed and is a mess and England collapsed very early on and is a mess. Castille, Brabrant, Holland and Morrocco all had provences in the British Isles at one point.
it's a bit early to say, but the colonisers so far seem to be Naples, mega-Castille, Brabrant, Flanders and Mantua, who is actually doing quite well.

How do you change culture using the Horde system?

My understanding is that you can use colonist to take horde areas, if so then would culture not convert? If it doesn't work that way (I haven't figured out if it does or not yet) I'll have to do it the hard way with forced settlement policies when I move to break up the trade center at Astrakhan into smaller sea-side pieces.

My understanding is that you can use colonist to take horde areas, if so then would culture not convert? If it doesn't work that way (I haven't figured out if it does or not yet) I'll have to do it the hard way with forced settlement policies when I move to break up the trade center at Astrakhan into smaller sea-side pieces.

The culture only converts if the horde province borders your own province which is your main culture, which has to be Lithuanian or Russian. Since Lithuanian culture provinces will almost never border the horde, only Russian culture expands into the horde.

So English main culture will not convert it? Aww. Forced colonizations, here we come.