• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well... I read here someone talking about Japan and I said to myself: let's have a little fun with Japan!

Started as Minamoto and in 1427 have already conquered the other daimyos, but with a really painful infamy, fortunatelly as a part of Japan, no one could declare war against me :D

82369827.jpg

But in the year 1437 I get tired of the nationalist revolt, so the I decided a risky option: unite Japan and if someone want's to kick my ass because I'm a dishonorable scum lets play!

59116793.jpg

Then the time go and I become a Despotic Monarchy to relax a bit my infamy with the +10 lilmit bonus. I adopt the QFTNW and started looking for a little region bordering a powerfull wenstern nation, conquering finally Melilla with Otomans or Portugal/Great Britain as neighbours.

11178395.jpg

After that all my efforts focus into wensternize Japan as soon as posible and in 1535 started the military modernization to wenstern units as the last step to finnish the wensternization.

42952203.jpg

Now, as the most powerful country in the region, I started many wars agains everyone I could calim their trone and I didn't stop until the where in a PU with me. I get two big "inhetitations", in 1607 and 1700:

15181246.jpg

43696458b.jpg

Curiosity: as you can see I inherited Mongol Kanate twice!!

After that nothing special, become an Absolute Monarchy to start all imperial wars I want and extra research to get as son as possible the Cabinet, ending my empire at 1821 with this appearance:

18211q.jpg

18212.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap!
Thats amazing!

That is an amazing game. How do you guys manage to avoid (or survive despite) the crippling PurelyNasty event cycles, though? Some of the stab hits and rebels are horrible, I struggle to stay above 0 stability if I've exceeded the badboy limit.

It would probably have been easier for your infamy to force all the other daimyo's in PUs with you :)

From my latest 1399-1821 game as Castille -> Spain. In the end I bought my way into the HRE, bought my way into the emperorship, and had a huge American empire. Lots of fun, only a few disappointments along the way.

EU3_MAP_SPA_18201116_2.jpg

EU3_535.jpg

Here is two of my games both stopped at 1730 may continue later..

My Aachen game, played the entire time as an OPM immediatily selling any proviences I gained to vassals needless to say it was a ridiculous but fun game.

eu320.jpg

Careful with this one it may or may not break your computer... I assume no responsibility

onlymew.jpg

My Montenegro game was one of the hardest I've played; smushed between Venice, Ottomans, and Hungary [I was tagged to Austria so i could get a pic of their 100 years war with Bohemia]

eu319.jpg

eu318r.jpg

Last edited:
Vassalise and annex maybe then?
PU is better strategy when your playing one of the others, since now your shogun, and the others dont take kindly to that for some reason :p

My Aachen game, played the entire time as an OPM immediatily selling any proviences I gained to vassals needless to say it was a ridiculous but fun game.

eu320.jpg

It would seem that Aachen is a continent now. :p
Your infamy also makes my eyes burn. :eek:

Here is two of my games both stopped at 1730 may continue later..

eu320.jpg

Careful with this one it may or may not break your computer... I assume no responsibility

onlymew.jpg

My Montenegro game was one of the hardest I've played; smushed between Venice, Ottomans, and Hungary [I was tagged to Austria so i could get a pic of their 100 years war with Bohemia]

eu319.jpg

eu318r.jpg

Oh god the infamy!

What? How, why, when?

You averaged 5 infamy gain per year. Did you have crap diplomat rulers or what the hell did you do to create that amount of infamy??

EU3_MAP_TUR_18201227_2.jpg

EU3_MAP_TUR_18201227_1.jpg

EU3_1.jpg

I am Lord and Master in 20 CoT's, Major Trader in all except Wine as i don't have any merchants in Europe. I have the best Tech that you can get, rivaled only by Champagne(1 province only), who can compete with me even after i spend several thousands of ducats to boost.

France never stood a change, was beaten early in the game and only in a very late stadium of the game managed to get a foothold, although Burgundy is way too powerful for them. Burgundy inherited Bohemia and with that doubling it size in Europe. Castille was battered back to it's own peninsula and decided to colonize rather then to go after the infidels. Great Britain decided to take it up against the muslim nations, but had to eventually concede defeat vs the Ottoman Empire. After that GB also went for colonizing, but it's position is very weak due rebels rising and long wars. Milan and Naples were the big expanders also, Milan in South America and Naples in Australia.

In the last 30 years of the game i expanded very much in South America due new nations rising up from rebels and pulling me into their wars. 1st it was Venezuela taking Caracas even thou my province never rebelled. Too bad for them the 7000 man strong army protecting Caracas against British incursions remained loyal and conquered the newly formed nation. Then the same happened again with Guatemala and finally the Canadians decided to break free from GB and taking a few of my provinces as well in the process.

After this i kept the monopolies up and running and decided to see if a few other rebels(most supported by my spies) would break free as well, but alas that never gave any positive results.