• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
engine failed at making IRELAND spell out over actual Ireland :D

How did you do that anyways?
Kinda suspicious. See army and navy names (and sizes!), monetary status and infamy. None of the last three items make sense with a nation which likely has only a few cores on all of its provinces.

Here is my standard Byzantine game; i was really proud of myself because this was the first time i didn't cheat and start in 1405 instead i started in 1399 hoping to finish the grand campaign, but the saves were to big (HURRY UP AND FIX THIS PARADOX) so i had to stop the game.
eu3mapbyz16286191.png
[/URL][/IMG]
and here is the close up

Kinda suspicious. See army and navy names (and sizes!), monetary status and infamy. None of the last three items make sense with a nation which likely has only a few cores on all of its provinces.

I'm guessing he started as England, conquered Ireland, vassalized Scotland, moved capital to Ireland, sold English provinces to Scotland and French provinces to France, culture-shifted, formed Ireland and then diplo-annexed Scotland. That's how I'd do it.

I'm guessing he started as England, conquered Ireland, vassalized Scotland, released Wales, moved capital to Ireland, sold English provinces to Scotland and Wales and French provinces to France, culture-shifted, formed Ireland and then diplo-annexed Scotland and Wales. That's how I'd do it.
more exactly.

It would be impossible to diplo-annex Scotland if they had more provinces than me.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he started as England, conquered Ireland, vassalized Scotland, released Wales, moved capital to Ireland, sold English provinces to Scotland and Wales and French provinces to France, culture-shifted, formed Ireland and then diplo-annexed Scotland and Wales. That's how I'd do it.
more exactly.

It would be impossible to diplo-annex Scotland if they had more provinces than me.

Why even release Wales? Their culture is Welsh, you should be able to keep them without interfering with the cultural shift. Northumberland seems like it would be a better choice. Same goes for Scotland too, really. Conquer them and sell off two provinces or so. I thought for a cultural shift, Irish just needed to be the largest culture, not a majority.

Still, neat trick for forming Ireland. I'm just thinking from a min/max perspective. ;)

Why even release Wales? Their culture is Welsh, you should be able to keep them without interfering with the cultural shift. Northumberland seems like it would be a better choice. Same goes for Scotland too, really. Conquer them and sell off two provinces or so. I thought for a cultural shift, Irish just needed to be the largest culture, not a majority.

Still, neat trick for forming Ireland. I'm just thinking from a min/max perspective. ;)
good point, I didn't think of that.

I'm proud of this. My first game without cheats:D

Started as a trading power while waiting for my union to be dissolved. Trading in all Cot with value >100 and having 5 merchants in all of them provided me with income that totals 95% of my monthly income before colonizing.

Currently my monarch is king of Holland, Castille, Aragon, France, Bavaria, Bohemia and Saxony. I'm going to gamble on a succession war with Burgundy next to force the HRE emperor down and hoping to inherit their lands.

One question, as a merchant republic, can I force non-Christian nations to join? If not, I'll just stay on HRE throne.

Attachments

• 2011-05-08_00001.jpg
    2011-05-08_00001.jpg
    280,1 KB · Views: 347
  • EU3_MAP_HOL_1452.9.24_1.jpg
    EU3_MAP_HOL_1452.9.24_1.jpg
    387,2 KB · Views: 114
  • EU3_MAP_HOL_1452.9.24_2.jpg
    EU3_MAP_HOL_1452.9.24_2.jpg
    289,7 KB · Views: 118

As there are 5 irish provinces , you'll have to lose all but 4 english provinces ....
maybe release Northumberland , Cornwall and Wales , concede them territory , then you can use the reconquest to get them back without losing the cores ... gamey as hell , but should work

BEHOLD THE UNITED LEAGUE OF MINORS! OR ULM FOR SHORT!

ulm1.png

WE ARE THE MASTERS OF LONG NAMES!

ulm2.png

WE GET PLUS YEARLY PRESTIGE LIKE A BOSS!

ulm3.png

AND WE LOOK LIKE A BLOBBING AUSTRIA! wait not again...
>last month of game: my friend made the game so you HAVE to explore to find new land, none of that auto exploration crap after 1600<

PS: my game keeps cutting the top part on all my screen shots anyone know how to fix this?
also i got a new monitor that's a lot smaller than my old one i don't know if that will do anything to it or not, thank you in advance.

Last edited:
How did you pull that off in just 50 years without an army?

You said you didn't cheat, but I reckon you "cheated" by using very gamey methods to get these PU's?

Hmm don't you know what's peaceful expansion? It's simple, first marriage with a large nation without heir (It's shown which nation is lack a heir), after claiming the throne just spam royal marriages, and claim every targeted throne. For prestige just wait for them to lose a war and have low prestige, as it's usually the low prestige nations that lacks heir for me. After union with 2 to 3 large nations, having claim on throne war with any large nations is easy, and you can just continue on. (I started with France, then Bohemia, Castille and Saxony got into union by luck without me claiming it, and the rest by using my union's troop to enlarge my union while my troops just relax.)

There's two downside- one is that you need to save, quit and reload very frequently after every lost claim or the death of your ruler. If reloading after losing a claim is a cheat, then I'll admit I cheated.
Another is that every claim -100 relation with every nation with a marriage and with your juniors. So recovering relations cost diplomats, time and money.