• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
propably the same reason i no longer colonise in DW, to busy maintaining my european provinces

on the subject of the university building event, i had that exactly once, in a province i was saving money to build an arms manufactury in as it was my last province without a manufactury of some sort and it produced copper as well

why aren't you colonizing?

Busy defending my territory, got a little cash flow just now when Burgundy peaced out of a war. The economy is terrible since I have been at war for decades with only about a year between the wars with massive OPM coalitions and some larger nations. But i annexed Benin a few years ago and it's kinda whealty down there with ivory and a population of 30.000

Here is my Achea->Greece game(More formable nations mod)
Despite low aggro still super weird borders(in Turkey).
27xQk.jpg

Working on getting a Greek North America
Also i am allied with Aragon and Castille

Ottoman Empire through 1502

Vassals: Bosnia, Serbia, Wallachia, Transylvania, Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, Teutonic Order, Savoy, Switzerland. Personal Union with Morocco.

I tried to vassalize Wallachia and Moldavia early to block out the Golden Horde, but Poland beat me to Moldavia. Annexed and released Hungary, Poland, Lithuania, and TO. Diplo-annexed Tripoli. Forced Castille to release Morocco in a peace deal, as their lands were still entirely Sunni, then immediately forced them into a PU. Was going to get a forge documents CB on Oman as well, but the Timurids got in the way while I was waiting for our truce to expire, and I have no transport fleet built in the Red Sea yet. Might just be time to start attacking the Timurids again after years of conceding that I have better things to do.

My biggest problem right now is war exhaustion, since Catholic minor states are apparently suicidal and love to repeatedly declare holy wars on me, forgoing the protection of the Emperor and DotF, until I give in and annex them. My WE is constantly hovering between 5-10, and if I get a period of peace lasting even two years I've been extremely lucky. Since 1412, when I annexed Naples and the Papal States, I've only declared three actual wars in Europe, and those were to grab the remnants of Hungary, Poland, and the Teutonic Order so I could release them as vassals.

ottomaneurope.jpg

World Maps
ottomanworld.jpg
ottomanemprie.jpg

Time Lapse
ottoman1425.jpg

ottoman1450.jpg

ottoman1475.jpg

Oh, and vassals that beat me to a siege with one cavalry regiment need to die in a fire. Seriously. :mad:
ottomansiege.jpg

Yet another Moskovian game! :D

Check the Mamluks :O Im thinking of adding something like Caliphate as a reword for their size xD

Oh and Ottomans have been just outside of gates of Wien for some 50 years now!

that's few infamy for conquering all those provinces , starting as OPM ... :D (Ireland)
And yes , playing the ottomans lead to several suicidal nations :D