• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
image_zpsd0ec9a62.jpg
[/IMG]

I played as Sweden I took the mainland of Denmark. I anexxed morocco and I decided to take western aulstralia

Yes, surely we can.

Not an impressive empire, but the most interesting game I've ever played, it's been the first one I've finished, indeed. Germany wouldn't be there without me. France was a secondary power just two years ago.
KF9CtSi.png

CZfJWdh.jpg

Managed to shave off a few months.
I've worked out a way to do it in 1837, but it requires a lot of tactical planning, or a lot of strategic luck.
For this save i savescummed a few times to get SP and Switzerland to help me in the war against Austria, and quite a few times to backtrack and attempt to do it in 1837, which i eventually grew bored of, I'll do that some other day where i have a lot of time on my hands.

I got lucky with Austria being allied with France, however this is a pretty minor point, as Austria can be dow'd anyway even though you have truce, due to the permanent hegemony casusbelli. At least i didn't have to fight their italian spheres.
I was unlucky as Belgium and Netherlands started fighting, so i could use neither of them to fight France, and both Switzerland and SP couldn't and wouldn't join the war against France either, as they had truce with Austria and were scared, so i had to fight France myself.

Not sure why Saxony and Lübeck didn't join the union, too tired to find out now.

Aaaand i was just reminded i forgot to mobilise during that game, well, i might just backtrack and do it earlier with one of the saves i have now.

If you want a more interesting game, try the Lebensraum Challenge. Try to get as much of mainland Europe under your control while staying under the infamy limit. You do this by releasing german minors for -infamy, which would be reincorporated into you when you form Germany.

As Prussia, you can only release Danzig at the start. But, once you form NGF, you can release each former german state for another infamy reduction. Challenge ends when you've released the last german state and hit the decision to form Germany.

The amount of infamy reduction you've gotten can allow you to take potentially take everything from Spain to Russia, all while being under 25 infamy.

Aww... the United States looked so nice with Mexico annexed and they had to go and mess it up by annexing Southern Quebec.
I think it would have looked nice if they also took Southern Ontario. Overall, I think the map looks pretty good. Europe looks a lot more neat than it usually does, but India is a mess as it always is.

Also, that is a really sexy Greece. Or, I should say it's nice looking compared to what it usually looks like. o_O

Last edited:
If you want a more interesting game, try the Lebensraum Challenge. Try to get as much of mainland Europe under your control while staying under the infamy limit. You do this by releasing german minors for -infamy, which would be reincorporated into you when you form Germany.

As Prussia, you can only release Danzig at the start. But, once you form NGF, you can release each former german state for another infamy reduction. Challenge ends when you've released the last german state and hit the decision to form Germany.

The amount of infamy reduction you've gotten can allow you to take potentially take everything from Spain to Russia, all while being under 25 infamy.

I've never though about doing this, and I will totally do it asap (PDM mod tho)

Might be interesting, although limiting yourself to infamy limit lowers skillcap tremendously, and while things like forming Greater Germany quickly also relies on luck, this challenge will rely very largely on how fast your CB fabrications are detected. The only way to affect the infamy in that case is to make sure you have a jingoist party, and finish wars quickly to make your infamy lower faster.

cant find my screenshots in the folder

"Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II\Screenshots"

If you took the screenshot using a mod it will be in the mod folder under "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II"

If you don't have that folder, then try the folder where you installed the game.

For steam that would be "Steam\steamapps\common\Victoria 2"

If you got it retail, I'm not sure what the default installation is.

I'm assuming something similar to "Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Victoria 2"

Last edited:
"Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II\Screenshots"

If you took the screenshot using a mod it will be in the mod folder under "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria II"

If you don't have that folder, then try the folder where you installed the game.

For steam that would be "Steam\steamapps\common\Victoria 2"

If you got it retail, I'm not sure what the default installation is.

I'm assuming something similar to "Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Victoria 2"

This^.
If you can't find your screenshots in main screenshot folder. Also, yes, that button and paste it in paint and wallah! Though it's easier to just use built-in screenshot.