• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you can avoid Yankee annexation, Hawaii will get tons of immigrants (I've once seen AI-led Hawaii Islands with over 17 million inhabitants - just because the rest of the Americas was warring each other, and Hawaii wasn't annexed by the Yankees). Hawaii starts off with extremely high literacy - probably the first country able to westernize at all, but normally it get's annexed by the USA before.

Interesting. I may have to try this now.

If you can avoid Yankee annexation, Hawaii will get tons of immigrants (I've once seen AI-led Hawaii Islands with over 17 million inhabitants - just because the rest of the Americas was warring each other, and Hawaii wasn't annexed by the Yankees). Hawaii starts off with extremely high literacy - probably the first country able to westernize at all, but normally it get's annexed by the USA before.

Sorry for replying so late. In my case it was pretty easy since Russia and Japan had already annexed large chunks of China. Exactly the areas you see on the map. All I had to do was occupy Taiwan (which was held by only 10 Brigades), blockade the mainland and land some troops in the southern exclave. Fortunately it was only weakly defended and after one battle plus two occupied areas there China caved in.

Concerning Immigrants I was very disappointed. In the last 25 years I got my share but next to none when I westernized in the early 1850's. With New Zealand I had much more luck. Also, the AI doesn't annex player-controlled countries and in the case of US territories you will get a message which offers you to become a state. But you can reject that. In my case again they never reached out to Texas so Hawaii was well off the scope.

Edit: Warning: getting Taiwan slammed Hawaii's literacy from 100% down to 44% :D

More importantly, why did you rename your country to Scandanavia? :D

Awesome map though.

Noting also that Brazil's ruler was downgraded from being an emperor to being a king. Somebody must have won a "cut down to size" war against them ;) Nitpicking aside, I agree, this is really cool.

Here is my Peru. I'm still trying to figure out How to become a Monarchy........So the Inca Empire can be reborn!

v213.png

Get a majority of reactionaries in the parlament and take back any voting rights.You will either become a monarchy or a presidential dictatorship.

My Republic of France:
v22n.jpg

v2mapfra18571231.jpg

v2mapfra18571251.jpg

Not yet complete, planning to invade Italy, take Piedmont and annex it, and later on, turn it into a Puppet State. Also planning to invade the Rhienland and annex everything west of the Rhine and install Westphalia as a Buffer State.

Also Spain is my Dominion, i turned into so to guard my south flank.

Last edited: