• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can't wait to read what happens next :cool:

“The Phrase is ‘Nex est hic’,” Valdemar whispered.

My Latin is nonexistent so what does the phrase mean. House of death? Place of death? No loitering allowed? :D Good update Grevenwhite!

Joe

Storey said:
“The Phrase is ‘Nex est hic’,” Valdemar whispered.

My Latin is nonexistent so what does the phrase mean. House of death? Place of death? No loitering allowed? :D Good update Grevenwhite!

Joe

Death is here.

Will update soon.

BTW Thanks Valdemar for Doing that. It really made my day. I was like 'Yay Valdemar loves me" :D In a perfectly normal buddy kinda love.

GW

Last edited:
Liutpold’s hurried dash down the hallway left him feeling confused and lost. He seemed to think that he remembered his way back. It took him less than a minute to realize he was rather lost. It seemed after he realized that he was lost the hallway was less friendly.

“It has to be my nerves,” He whispered to himself. He was going to try using a system of always turn right to see if that proved to be any use.

As he was getting ready to make his third turn he thought he heard something hit the floor. He turned around quickly but didn’t see anything.

The corridor was empty except for small wooden torches along the walls that cast just enough light to make the floor visible. Liutpold looked closer at the torches and noticed that some were wavering.

“Strange I feel no wind,” He said aloud. Somewhere nearby he thought he heard a whisper, so he decided to continue his walk. After a few more turns the hair on the back of his neck began to stand up and he could almost feel someone watching him.

“Valdemar is that you? I think I’m lost can you help me out,” He asked.

“I’m sorry I ran out on you but the dreams terrify me deeply,” He added.

He adjusted his collar and checked to make sure his sword was secure. What am I worrying about? Valdemar’s stronghold can only be found by those who already know where it is. He assured himself.

After a few more steps he rounded a corner that had a mirror in it. “Strange I didn’t recall seeing that before,” He said to himself.

Just then a cool breeze drifted past him and he felt the sudden urge to continue on. As he walked past the mirror he saw a dark form behind him.

He dove to the ground and pulled out his sword. When he looked up he saw nothing. He spent a few moments waving his sword slowly through the air. Feeling sill he stood up and put his sword away.

“I must be loosing my mind. Now I'm sacred of the shadows and invisible spirits,” He chuckled to himself.

Valdemar was sitting in his study rethinking over his conversation with Liutpold when he noticed something strange. The table nearest the door was missing the book he had set on it a few nights ago. Something called “Bernard’s Grand Book of Lupines”. If he recalled correctly it was about how to kill werewolves. Strange, he thought.

He replayed the last few moments in his minds eye and realized that the book had been there when he and Liutpold had entered he room but when Liutpold and exited it was gone. He Thought carefully and realized the book had vanished before Liutpold had headed towards the door.

“So we have an intruder inside the castle grounds do we,” He said aloud. He reached under the desk and pulled a short wooden object out and folded it into his robes.

That was when his heightened senses alerted him to something amiss. The scent was somehow familiar and he realized it was an herb that members of House Scorpius used when there were hunting a victim.

“Liutpold," he whispered and headed for the door. He never saw the blow before it hit his head. He was slammed against the door and beaten repeatedly. As he sank into darkness he felt hands reaching into his robe.

Last edited:
Ouch, let's hope Vlady will make it! Not only does he lose his house he also gets mugged in his own castle by, if my thought are correct, a werewolf.

Oh the injustice of it all! Vlady getting mugged in his own castle is going to make him a wee bit perturbed, me thinks. I know I'd be :D

Lets hope "Vlad" is going to get out of this mess! Great Update :)

Don't worry I'm working on it. I see there is allready some House Rivalry in here. V you really had me laughing at that one.

Kyujuni It's taking awhile as this is a long scene. Trying to find new words to use instead of the same three that I normally use in my daily speech.

:D

I'll be back tonight before I go to bed. If not blame it on Allenby.

I'll be nice since it is late for me. This post ends with a cliffhanger as I have been seduced away from the computer for the night. Will be back with more tomorrow. So you are warned.

Liutpold was slowly convincing himself that he was almost out of the maze of hallways. He had passed a few turns that he was sure he remembered from the trip to Valdemar’s office and the air smelled fresher ahead than his current location.

A few more turns and the room expanded to the large hallway that served as the nexus of the castle’s lower regions. Along the walls were paintings of important Kindred of various houses. As he looked out from the hallway along the west wall he glanced first to the north side, which housed a door that would lead up stairs that granted access to the surface. Along the east wall were suits of armor and the grand doors that connected to the hallway which led to the Council Chambers. The southern wall had a door that sloped downwards into the dungeon area.

Feeling much better about his situation Liutpold make a quick check of his clothes and began strolling across the room. He had taken but a few steps when the doors to the east opened and Merilonna and Enrich entered arms entwined.

Merilonna looked up at Liutpold and her face became a mask of terror. Liutpold was trying to figure out what she was pointing to when he felt a sharp pain in his side. As he looked down a katana protruded from his right lung and a wave of pain racked his body.

Enrich drew his sword, though the gold inlaid hilt covered in jewel’s announced it was mainly ceremonial and probably not very functional and charged to Liutpold’s aid. Before he could take more than a few steps two kindred dropped from the ceiling. They were wrapped from head to toe in black. They sported two large emblems of a black scorpion upon a red triangle marking them as members of House Scorpius.

Liutpold’s limited knowledge of House Scorpius told him that since they both had a silver dot next to the scorpion that they were neonates and must be serving under a master. He tried to reach behind himself to grab at his attacker but was unable to get a secure handhold.

Merilonna turned and ran back the way she had come screaming at the top of her lungs for Rägnär, Darkon and Walter. Enrich stretched a moment before engaging the closest assassin. His attacks were quick and furious but did little to budge the taller of the two attackers. The second slowly made his way around the side of Enrich.

Liutpold fell to his knees as the katana was jerked out of his body. He felt as if part of his essence had been stolen. He summoned the power of his blood to heal the wound and rolled away from his assailant. As he did he caught a look of the kindred.

Unlike the other two attackers his assassin was clad in white from top to bottom and sported a red sun against a yellow field. He was examining his katana for any marks while pulling another out also.

Liutpold knew he was probably doomed but held out a little hope that Merilonna would return in time with help. He frantically began attempting to draw his own sword. Just as he got it out and at the ready the kindred in white was bearing down on him. It took every ounce of strength and skill to keep the twin blades from sinking themselves into his flesh.

Out of the corner of his left eye he noticed Enrich was struck by the curved blades of one of the other attackers and he fell to one knee. Erich let out a low groan and quickly stood up. Enrich briefly let down his guard and Liutpold was almost decapitated in his shock. Thankfully Liutpold ducked just in time to save his neck.

Casting another glance to Enrich, he watched as the taller kindred’s sword pierced the lung of Enrich. Instead of yelling in pain, Enrich lunged forward further impaling himself upon it till he was face to face with the enemy. The Kindred had a look of complete shock, even as Enrich swung his own sword severed the kindred's head from his shoulders. The kindred’s body slumped to the floor and the head rolled across the floor.

The second attacker was rethinking his strategy as Enrich pulled the blade out of his chest and cast it to the ground. The kindred in white shouted a command to his apprentice and the assassin seemed to blur as the speed of his attacks against Enrich hastened.

Remembering that his own life was still at risk, Liutpold again focused on keeping the furry of attacks from landing upon his skin, though he could tell that he was quickly beginning to tire. Something would have to change soon to give him any hope of survival.

It was but a few moments before the first hit was scored. It grazed his right thigh but it managed to cause his leg to go limp and Liutpold collapsed to the floor. As he hit the hard marble his sword was knocked from his grasp. Fire seemed to sear along his uncooperative leg. Liutpold tried to feebly cover his face with his hands and the kindred in white moved in for the kill.

Liutpold heard him say, “no jidai wa mou sugitan dayo” as the katanas swung down for his head.

AAHHHHH that was indeed a cliffhanger, but I can't say you didn't warn me.

Good update and my guess was wrong. Vlady must be feeling pretty bad, he loses his house gets mugged in his castle and ontop of that his guest get pretty beat up to.

Ahh that was great. Interhouse rivalry? I can not win any battles fought here unfortunetly, we will have to go to more neutral ground if I have to take on Valdemar. See tommyboard for more :)

Valdemar said:
Nah K once is enough for laughs.. grreat show Greven, how do they manage to keep hidden from the other kindred?

Esp. form the master of the house?

V

Without giving a whole lot away I'm using a certain game system and converting it my own style but basically each kindred can develop powers depending on which House they belong to. One is the ability to change your apearance or vanish entirely. Another is a higher level of sense awareness. If Kindred A has say 4 levels of Invisability that Kindred B has in 3 in Sense than Kindred B cannot see Kindred A. If instead Kindred B had 5 level's he could but would have to be activily looking, IE he couldn't just pass by the invisable kindred and automatically see him.

In Valdemar's case he didn't have a high enough level to See the kindred in his office.

Does that help?

GW

:( Poor vlady :(

Remind me not to go to his house, there's to many people getting slapped around for my taste! :eek:

So what's next?

Hi Dad

Dear Greven,

I know this is your story because I've read it and I like it very much. I have to ask will I be in it? I hope so, as I read your other one in Hearts of Iron section. God this place is so big. Anyway I was less than happy with the amount of screen time that you game me so I would be very pleased if you would give me substantal time in the spotlight.

Love Loving Childe,
Alexandria

AlexandriaWhite said:
Dear Greven,

I know this is your story because I've read it and I like it very much. I have to ask will I be in it? I hope so, as I read your other one in Hearts of Iron section. God this place is so big. Anyway I was less than happy with the amount of screen time that you game me so I would be very pleased if you would give me substantal time in the spotlight.

Love Loving Childe,
Alexandria

Well Um Hi how did you find me? :eek:

Have your sister give you my number and call me, we'll talk. Shhh about some stuff though as I don't want you giving too much away. But we should definatly talk soon.

THIS IS AMAZING i love your storys greven i have to ask did you get the idea from somewhere or did you think it up yourself??

The names are all my own creation and so is the story. Vampire: The Masquerade was the inspiration for Greven and I used to play it. I've borrowed and converted some ideas to use in my story but most of it is simply out of my own demented skull.

Now I gotta get back to writting.

GW