• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While I see some pluses, I am disappointed many of the ideas in the Improved Moddability thread weren't included.

im sure they were hugely preocupied in making the SoI DLC...

maybe they will fit things in 'here and there' for future patches.

So, for clarification's sake, what features, besides the ability to play muslims, are included in the DLC? I notice that the new ability of the Byzantine Emperor to revoke titles mentioned in a DD isn't listed here; is that in the DLC?

Yeah, kill him. :laugh:

(But seriously, give him a bishopric and he's out of the picture).

There should be a way to do that without making him a priest, or modding. There were succession systems built around the concept of brothers and their children inheriting, even in preference over the current monarch's children.

Awesome, especially the Army AI ones.

But then:

- The titular kingdoms of Naples and Trinacria are no longer creatable in-game

Noooooo.... Why? Oh Why?

also Ruthenia

I'll cope :D

I'd like that Mongol succession law to be added in a patch at some point if it's not already in -- the one where the youngest son would inherit, so basically the opposite of Agnatic Primogeniture. That would be really interesting and presumably not too hard to code in, though I suppose if a Mongol/Kipchak DLC is in the pipeline then it'll be added as part of that.

Thanks for the change log, Doomdark. Great stuff!
Looking forward to this.

By the way, did you have a chance to see about the official documents regarding triggers/conditions for the modders to work from?
It would be very appreciated!
:)

He's not on CKII anymore, but I can poke him about it.

any official announce about the other muslims related DLC ?

No, the rules are not that uniform.

Possible in a next patch? "founder_dynasty_suffix = -ing" in the culture file for example?

I'd like that Mongol succession law to be added in a patch at some point if it's not already in -- the one where the youngest son would inherit, so basically the opposite of Agnatic Primogeniture. That would be really interesting and presumably not too hard to code in, though I suppose if a Mongol/Kipchak DLC is in the pipeline then it'll be added as part of that.

I have ask this too in the bug section.

I hope really they will add it in a future patch.

with the changes in northen italy (including removing Grisons from it) ... is there a chance of Duchy of Savoie being spilt into two, one north of the alps (Savoie, Geneve and Valais), being part of De Jure Burgundy and likely keeping the name Savoie, and one south of the alps (Piemonte, Saluzzo and Monferrato), being part of De Jure Italy? ... sure, i know that for the time being that they were part of County of Savoie (it was first elevated to a duchy in 1413) but it would make Burgundian/Italian borders so much prettier ... and such issues have been ignored other places on the map ... make it duchy of Piemonte and let house of Savoie hold both Duchy titles from the start to provoke its natural historical expansion

great patch, judging from the changlog. i AM a tad worried about the assasination costs though as its now 100-200-300-500, something thats almost unaquireable in early game. cant they be scaled with time like techs?

with the changes in northen italy (including removing Grisons from it) ... is there a chance of Duchy of Savoie being spilt into two, one north of the alps (Savoie, Geneve and Valais), being part of De Jure Burgundy and likely keeping the name Savoie, and one south of the alps (Piemonte, Saluzzo and Monferrato), being part of De Jure Italy? ... sure, i know that for the time being that they were part of County of Savoie (it was first elevated to a duchy in 1413) but it would make Burgundian/Italian borders so much prettier ... and such issues have been ignored other places on the map ... make it duchy of Piemonte and let house of Savoie hold both Duchy titles from the start to provoke its natural historical expansion

Unless I mistaken it is. cf. duchy of Susa.

Thanks. Especially a lot great minor changes.
Cant list all the changes i like, but looks very good and hopefully and as such it looks, will be much more polished than the 5.0 patch.
Great decision to have beta testers again.
Looking forward to the release.