• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aerie

Art Director
Paradox Staff
60 Badges
Feb 11, 2009
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Knights of Honor
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Starvoid
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
Paradox Interactive is now expanding its internal development team and is looking for a 2D artist for the Stockholm office. Ideally we would like to fill this position in May 2011. The artist will primarily work with 2D graphics, with tasks like user interface, concept art, matte paintings, icons and similar.

Since your work involves a lot of user interfaces, an understanding of usability is important, especially since these tasks often require you to concept interfaces in advance. Working with interfaces also requires a good ability to cooperate with others, because you will work very closely with programmers on these tasks.

At Paradox we mostly work on several titles at the same time, and as an artist you will usually work on all of them at one time or another. This keeps the job varied and interesting, but also requires a good ability to keep track of several things at once.

Even though you will primarily work with 2D graphics, an artist at Paradox stands much to gain by having other talents, which will weigh heavily on our final choice. Because the team is fairly small, a lot of responsibility is placed on each artist, and flexibility is king. This also enables any artist to contribute anywhere. So if you have a talent for 3D modeling and texturing, animation, video editing or similar, these skills are very much a merit.

The internal productions are Grand Strategy games with a focus on history. An interest in this type of game will also be in your favor.

At Paradox you will enjoy unique job security since Paradox is its own publisher and financier. This gives us a rare amount of freedom with our productions.

We accept applications through email atst: work_for_paradox@paradoxplaza.com

If you ever need a 1D artist I'm your guy, 2D is a little too avant garde for me...

Good luck with the recruiting!

Just out of curiosity, how many of the positions advertised on the forum are actually filled by forumites?

Just out of curiosity, how many of the positions advertised on the forum are actually filled by forumites?

Doomdark, King I think, Birger, and I believe some more has been employed too. But those are who I can remember from the top of my head.

EDIT: Forresten, hvorfor snakker vi engelsk i det skandinaviske forumet?:p Tenkte ikke over at jeg skrev og leste engelsk med en gang.:p

Doomdark, King I think, Birger, and I believe some more has been employed too. But those are who I can remember from the top of my head.

And me, Darkrenown and Besuchov.

More or less the whole team in other word.;)