• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For this game to be succesful, the game really needs better battle mechanics than previous Clausewitz games, the combat was always a bore and non interactive.
The problem is the lack of depth(not enough modifiers) and lack of concequences if you fail at something. It would be also nice to have more control over the armies on how to attack, react to different things, etc.
But I fear this would make the game too complex and not sell enough which is of course the most important thing, as you can't make games without profit.

Last edited:
For this game to be succesful, the game really needs better battle mechanics than previous Clausewitz games, the combat was always a bore and non interactive.
This,this and this. The main drawback of Clausewitz has always been the battle-mechanics. Compare colonial warfare in Vic2 to colonial warfare in Pride of Nations. It's ridiciolous. I'm not saying that I would avoid NC2 just because its based on clausewitz and developed by PI. But I fear it wont be a true successor of Napoleons Campaigns and thus cannot satisfy AGEOD fans. But will it satisfy EU3 fans? To wait and see we have ;)

The irony is... we had to simplify the Eu3 combat algoritm quite alot to make it work for the ncp system.

Well the strenght of the AGEOD/Paradox France battlemechanics was the WEGO system and the ability of the 'marching towards the sound of the cannons'. The mechanics of the actual fighting/battle may be more simple, I now nothing about coding, so I wouldn't know.
I love the games of Paradox, but getting a little tired of the ability (of both player and ai) to cancel a move ordre and be back at ones starting position, forcing the player to pay attention to the units all the time, which is very difficult if you have a large empire at war.

That said I would like to thank Paradox for saving AGEOD back when they were in economic trouble as an independent studio.

Strange. MM changes spawned thousands of posts and there we have silence.

I guess it will be nice to see Paradox game with such small specific period and detailed (not WWII) battle.

I can't comment on what PI would publish from Ageod, as I am not involved in those matters.

It will feel like a PDS game in play. Deep historical flavour with a relatively intuitive interface. The team was 50% PDS before, and now its 100% PDS and I have personally taken charge of the project to make it into a succesful game.

My goal, as was the original goal for the game, has not changed. A unique strategy game set in Europe in the Napoleonic era, focusing on diplomacy and warfare to become the dominating power.

I'd say it takes a fair bit of HoI (armies), some eu3(diplomacy) and adds in a pinch of Sengoku (goals) with a fair amount of unique features.

Well, I am now very interested in this title I will be keeping an eye on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.