• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You've really gone into the warmongering mode, haven't you? Great installments, you gotta love the Russians killing themselves in droves!

Well, I got the money, the manpower and the brains...[yes the bunny does, you're right]
Less than 100 years to go, not even I can lose anymore...[famous last words]

Besides, nobody picked on Austria; Spain tried but got hopelessly overrun with Habsburgers. As I really had nothing better to do, I could choose to go either to China or Europe.

I don't have to tell you what I chose :p

The Rebellion Dance

Omani forces waiting in their allies land, the Mameluks, pour into the Turkish provinces of the Austrian Empire. Without much effort they defeat the local garisons and take each of the three cities in Taurus, Antalya and Anatolia.

The Black Sea fleet is put to sea from her port in Sochi, she will have the task to stop the Austrian fleet, if any. The fortresses in Georgia and Sochi itself have been strengthened and the one in Kerch is underway.
The Mediterranean Fleet, in the harbour of Beirut will sail when a safe passage is likely.

The cute little black bunny leaves small garisons in the three Turkish provinces and retreats the others to nearby friendly Mameluk provinces of Konya and Angora. Which have over the last couple of years defected to our western allies.

Austria forces march from Vienna to their former Turkish holdings but once they arrive they face stiff, and more importantly brave opposition from the Omani occupiers. After two years the war has swung into Omani favour, a few naval battles are fought in the Black Sea, resulting in total supremacy for the Omani navy.

The taskforce in Libanon is ordered to set sail via different Mameluk ports to Istria, to take the war to their doorstep. A brave commander by the name of Marsut is willing to lead this expedition, resupplies will most likely never arrive, he and his men are on their own. The cute little black bunny tells them to be careful and to pick their fights carefully.
With everything ready, the Basrah Regiment sets for their last trip into the unknown, they would never return home.

The years go by with Oman and Austria locked in a fierce battle. The Austrian Emperor has given up on his Turkish lands and now solely focusses on the Crimea, a huge magnet now in Omani hands. The have been given special permission by the Polish crown to march through their territory to Oman.
The province of Kaffa is traded between Austria and Oman several times over the course of the war, even the trading posts in Africa aren't safe from Austrian attacks, the commander in Zanzibar ensures that those who dare set foot on Omani soil will never return home to tell about it.

Alliances are renewed among the other nations in the world, some aren't, the only thing that is constant for all these years is the war between Oman and Austria.

The Austrian envoys requesting a cease-fire are all killed.
The Spanish king invites both leaders to come to Cyprus to discuss the increasingly unstable situation as the war enters her 2nd decade.
The cute little black bunny astonishes the world by attending.

The Austrian Emperor offers to hand over the three Turkish provinces and all his gold.
All the cute little black bunny does is look at him.

"It is not your land or gold I want, my dear Emperor."
The Austrian is taken aback with this answer.

"Only now do you understand, my dear Emperor, but unfortunately it is too late. Come with me and see your brave soldiers die, as this is a fully operational trap you just walked into. We haven't started this war for your petty little provinces,oh no, not at all. We have started this to see your precious little Empire fall to the rebel forces. Watch as your own Empire burns from within, we merely lit the fuse. Let's see which one of our countries can dance the longest, shan't we?"

The cute little black bunny gets up from her seat, and walks to the door.

"Good, my dear Emperor, I can see the hate rise in your eyes. Strike them down, these rebels, it will only make us stronger."

After 11 years of war, the first cracks appear in the Austrian Empire as Anhalt seeks refuse with Hannover. It is the first pebble of an avalanche which would last another decade.

By 1760, 8 countries within the Austrian sphere of influence have declared independence. The task force under command of Marsut takes 4 provinces in the course of the war, but by 1760 all of them have been recaptured, Marsut dies on the battlefield in Moravia, deep inside Austrian territory.

"Please, cute little black bunny, we have stretched as far as we could, we are starting to loose provinces ourselves now to rebels, especially the far eastern provinces are almost impossible to hold on to." Dennis tells the cute little black bunny.

Dennis, until now kept silent about the strain the war had put on the Omani economy.
His words and views are important to the cute little black bunny as she realises that Austria will not collapse quite as dramatically as she had hoped for.

"Very well, summon an Austrian envoy, if they still dare to come here, I will personally guarantee their safety."

On December 25th, 1760, peace has finally returned to the two wrecked and burning nations. Austria has lost, the Emperor agrees to hand over all Turkish possessions and all the money he has, 127 gold pieces.

While the exhausted Austrian forces begin their long march back from the Crimea to their home land, the cute little black bunny focusses her attention on her own rebels. There are fewer than she expected, Dennis has taken the rebel cities in Indus, Kabul and Malwa, there is only one rebel controlled province left which needs her attention, Howrah, on the eastern most part of the Omani Sultanate.

While she is travelling towards India she knows that this will not be the last time.
"We will be back."

Last edited:
Austria after the 20-year's war with Oman
1761.txt

Sultan Sultan III? I feel much compassion for the cute little black bunny...

Looks like the Austrians are still pretty darn big. Even with all the rebellions it had....Great installment!

Indeed, they sure are, even though province wise, Spain, Austria and Oman are pretty close.

If only I had some kind of land bridge... :D

The cute little black bunny kept a close eye on developments in the Balkan.
"What are you looking at," Dennis asked her.
"I think there will be an opportunity knocking soon, Dennis, I just want to make sure we are the first who come knocking."

The cute little black bunny turned around to face Dennis.
She had the most insidious smile on her face.

She gave Dennis a quick wink, "If this keeps up you'll soon be able to focus your economic talents on whole new area."

She turned back to read reports and chart the information it gave her on the big map in front of her.

HOME, at last home!

With the longest war in Omani history behind them, Dennis and the cute little black bunny went home to Mascate.
Dennis sat down on the sofa, unlaced his boots and lay down for a moment.

"I didn't ruin the economy, did I?" the cute little black bunny asked.
"No, bunny, you didn't, I made sure of that. It's just that the income was starting to dry up and the people wanted the war to end, that's all." Dennis answered with his eyes closed.
"Good, because there is something I want to talk to you about."
"Can it please wait for tomorrow, I am exhausted."
"Not really, but you're to tired to have a decent conversation with anyway, so goodnight."

Dennis sat up and looked at the cute little black bunny leaving the room to her own little place.
"Sigh, that's just nice, you are very welcome, cute little black bunny."
Dennis dropped his head down on the pillow and fell asleep.

When he woke up he heard paper rustle. He got up from the sofa, stretched his back and moved his neck from side to side.

"What are you doing, bunny?" Dennis managed to squeeze out between yawning.
"Watching the Balkan, Dennis, and our new neighbours."

Dennis noticed that the cute little black bunny was actually looking at something..
"What are you looking at," Dennis asked her.
"I think there will be an opportunity knocking soon, Dennis, I just want to make sure we are the first who come knocking. The Ottomans are falling apart quickly."

The cute little black bunny turned around to face Dennis.
She had the most insidious smile on her face.

She gave Dennis a quick wink, "If this continues you'll soon be able to focus your economic talents on whole new area."

She turned back to read the reports and chart the information it gave her on the big map in front of her.
"What do you mean by that?" Dennis asked, "never mind, I am hungry, I will get us something to eat." Dennis pushed himself up from the sofa and went off into the kitchen.
"Want some coffee?" Dennis yelled.
But the cute little black bunny was too busy planning her next move.

Last edited:
A dream come true

*Ring*
*Ring*

"Must be the postman," the cute little black bunny remarked.

Dennis came out of the kitchen and opened the door to greet their new postman.
"MAIL!"
"What a suprise," Dennis replied.
He shut the door and opened the envelop with a familiar feel about it.

"Hey! you know what? They found our home again, our REAL home, they found the Netherlands!"

The cute little black bunny got up from behind her map and walked towards Dennis and the letter.
She read it and she read it again.
"Oh my Allah, Dennis, we finally will be able to see our families, I wonder how your sister is!"
"Or my girlfriend!" Dennis said.
"Yes, it's been quite a while since you last saw her."

Finally in 1770, the Netherlands formed out of England.

"We need to celebrate! And I have just the candidate, what wonderful timing!" the cute little black bunny suggested.
She walked over to the table, dragging Dennis with her.
"See? THAT'S what I am talking about, the capital of the Ottoman Empire! They have lost everything, that's all they have left now, and soon they will lose that too."
"Well, here we go again, good thing we didn't unpack yet," Dennis rolled his eyes, they'd been home exactly 10 years now, nothing much had happened between the Omani-Habsburg war and the forming of the Netherlands.

25,000 Omani soldiers crossed the border between Oman and the Ottoman Empire, for one last time the two would clash on the battlefield. Once the soldiers reached Thrace they didn't encounter a single Turkish soldier. They siege of Constantinople lasted less than a year. The Ottoman Empire was no more.

"Let's find something else to do for these soldiers, that last war wasn't much fun at all." the cute little black bunny said with a pouty lip.
"Well, we're here anyway, where you wanna go?"

The cute little black bunny walked up to a sergeant.
"Prepare the troops for a march south, we're attacking Spain! Dennis, call your friends in Cairo, I want them to join as well."
On October 1773 Oman and the Mameluks went to war with Spain.
Things went well at first, Omani soldiers attacked the Spanish held territories of Smyrna and Ionia, while the Mameluks managed to push through Adana.

The cute little black bunny lay down for a minute in the hay she had brought with her.
Dennis had gone back to Thrace to inspect the new CoT and would then travel towards the Crimea and later Persia to begin converting the locals there.

The Omani sergeant, now in charge of the siege was the young Patton. He'd proven himself worthy of leadership, but still lacked the finesse and mental flexibility for a real command. This was his opportunity to prove himself in front of his leader, the cute little black bunny.

When the cute little black bunny woke up she noticed that not Oman, but the Mameluks had taken control over the Smyrna siege.
"WHAT THE HELL?! Where is Patton?" she yelled.
"Over there," an eager corporal named Blair replied, pointing quickly in the direction of Patton.
"Hmphf, Blair, you are way too eager to help, develop some spine." the cute little black bunny snapped.

Even though she wasn't happy with losing the siege to her allies, she had still confidence in her sergeant, "he'd learn in time," she thought. Naturally she slapped the young sergeant hard, showing him how angry a little black bunny can be.
"He won't make that mistake again," she thought looking at Patton taking his punishment, "Do you have any other news for me then, sergeant Patton?"

*fa-la-la-la-la-lei-lan fa-la-la-la-la-lei-lan*
It was her mobile.
"Yes, what do you want?" she barked into the phone.
"Oh, hi Dennis, sorry, yes what is it?"
"Seriously? Damn! A bit too late, or too bloody early, depending on how you look at it."
"Ok, Dennis, keep me informed, perhaps the Austrian will tear themselves apart afterall."
*Ok, you take care too, bye.*
*beep*

"How about that, a civil war in Austria!"

"Anyway, Patton, you got any news?"
" M'am, the Mamies taken Adana, M'am!"
"Right, go and get some Spanish official, tell them I want to talk terms."

The sergeant ran off to execute his orders.

In March 1776 the Spanish sign over Adana to Oman's allies, the Mameluks.

Last edited:
Well you are closing in on the end...Very nice...no more Turk!

Rosey Palmer : thank you, I am feeling really bad that it is almost over now :(

Amric: I just couldn't let such an opportunity go to waste, and it had an added bonus too :D

Re: Let's dance the REBELLION!

Originally posted by haaf
June 3rd, 1740
"It is time," the cute little black bunny declares, "no use putting it off any longer, let's see who can dance better, us Omanis or them Austrians. Let's do the Rebellion DANCE!!!" With her arms high in the air and a thunderous voice she let's loose the declaration of war towards the Habsburg family in Vienna.

you dance the spears well, wetlander! :D

(from Wheel of Time)

great installments! :D :D

The cute little black bunny may be very female, but she sports a pair! To go to war with the strategy of outlasting the other with war exhaustion rebellions is impressive!

And for our final trick...

"We've asked your home country to join our alliance," the Mameluk Sultan tells Dennis and the cute little black bunny over an extravagant meal.
"It was the very least we could do for you after receiving Adana from you in the Spanish war."

"Don't mention it," the cute little black bunny replies cooly.

"So what are your plans, I would love to discuss strategy with you," the Mameluk Sultan contines, "I think you and I could learn a lot from eachother."

"I am sure, now if you excuse me, I'm going to powder my nose. Dennis can you help me reach the mirror please."
The cute little black bunny and Dennis excuse themselves to the Mameluk Sultan and disappear in the bathroom.
"Dennis, remind me never to invite them on a war in which we try to gain provinces."
Dennis laughs, "Even you can't think of everything, cute little black bunny."

The cute little black bunny looks briefly at Dennis, "No, I suppose not," she says with an icy cold tone in her voice. "Do you have the phonenumbers for the commanders in Thrace and Anatolia?"
"Yes of course I do."
"Good, call them and tell them to maintain their current numbers, I don't want to have to rebuild anything."
"We off to war again, bunny?
"At the first opportunity, Dennis."

When the Spanish annex their rebellious Catalunya, the two countries of Oman and Spain are back at war, the peace had lasted just over 65 months. This time Oman goes to war without her allies.
Within days the Omani army based in Thrace and Anatolya swarm all over Spanish held Turkey.

The Austrian Emperor, guarenteeing the safety of her Spanish friends are outraged, 2 months after the Omani declaration of war to Spain, the two superpowers, Oman and Austria are back at war.

"Well well well, Dennis, it looks like we will be busy for a while. Tell the Emperor I can't wait to see Vienna for myself. Send this letter to the king of Bulgaria, tell him I don't wish to fight him, he just needs to give us the freedom to march through his lands."

The Spanish fleet, the biggest in the world, never reaches Oman, both Smyrna and Ionia fall in quick succession.

"Message for her exaltedness!" an Omani messenger rides into the fortress of Smyrna.
A guard points him to the right building.

"NO??? Does the Bulgarian king really know what he is up against? After so many years, does he seriously think I am bluffing? Invite the Spanish envoy, enough with the Spain bashing, we have more important things to attend to."

On March 1st 1784, Spain accepts the cute little black bunny's terms of handing over just the province of Smyrna, he can keep Ionia.
The next day, Dennis and the cute little black bunny travel to the Bulgarian border, where they arrive a week later.

"Give me a megaphone!" the cute little black bunny instructs on of the border guards.
"I will ask you one more time, give me military access and you shall be spared."

A shot is heard.

Dennis sinks to the ground next to the cute little black bunny, shot in the chest.
"ATTAAAACK!!!!"

The army in Macedonia, which had been captured in the first week of the renewed Oman-Austrian war, marches into Kosovo, while the Armenian First Army marches on the capital. All in all there are 65,000 soldiers on the move.

"I don't want to see a single Bulgarian soldier left alive!!!" the cute little black bunny shouts at every soldier passing her. "Get whoever is responsible for this! If you're not sure, execute them!"

She squats down next to Dennis, he is still alive. She whispers:"I will get whoever is responsible, Dennis. You just make sure you don't die on me!"

The massacre in Nish and Sofia shocks the Omani Sultan Sälim I. He instructs his personal guard to put an end to the slaughter in Bulgaria. They don't arrive until a month later. The terror the cute little black bunny has unleashed on the Bulgarians has nothing to do anymore with the war. Every last barrack has been blown up, even the palace of the Bulgarian king has been utterly destroyed.

When the cute little black bunny receives the Sultan's Guard she has them jailed by her loyal soldiers.
"I don't care about our Sultan's wishes anymore, he can come and visit me in Vienna!"

Dennis, wounded and hardly able to talk, arrives in the cute little black bunny's tent, "it's been enough, bunny, stop the killing in Bulgaria, please."
"No! They will all pay for what they did to you."
"It was one person who shot me, you are killing thousands."

The cute little black bunny gazes at Dennis.
The Bulgarian king signs his country into Omani vassalage and allows safe passage for the Omani soldiers, still entering Austria by the thousands.

In June 1785 a message arrives stating that the Armenian Army and the Anatolian Army are about to take the Austrian capital of Vienna. The cute little black bunny looks at Dennis, who is too weak to travel.
"Go, bunny, show the Emperor what he was up against all these years." Dennis says with a smile on his lips.

The cute little black bunny looks at Dennis with her her warm brown eyes, "I will send you a postcard from Vienna, Dennis."

On July 18th 1785, the victorious cute little black bunny enters the capital of the Holy Roman Empire, Vienna. Buildings all over the town are shot to pieces, fires smouldering left and right. No sign of the coward Emperor himself. The cute little black bunny makes her way to the Emperor's palace and takes place on his throne. She leaves his highness the Emperor some droppings.

"On to Genoa!" she screams to her armies waiting outside the city walls.

The Omani army marches between defeated Austrian soldiers who seem unwilling to fight. On October 26th this city too falls to the paws and mighty army of the cute little black bunny.
In November 1786 both Genoa and Macedonia are signed over to the cute little black bunny in a peace treaty. She returns to Macedonia to be with her friend.

It takes almost a decade before Dennis and the cute little black bunny are heard from again. This time Ak Koyunlu is the recipient of a declaration of war. Neither Dennis or the cute little black bunny seem concerned with the war effort. The result is a high casualty rate among Omani soldiers, and when Ak Koyunly is annexed on February 1806 it is in front of the Omani Sultan himself.

The cute little black bunny and Dennis had travelled to their holiday island of Socotra. They want nothing more to do with the country they had brought so far. All it took in the end, was one person to stop the seemingly neverending expansion of the Omani Sultanate.

On the island of Socotra, Dennis and the cute little black bunny wait for a merchantman to take them away from Oman.
One night they spot a meteor heading north. The cute little black bunny and Dennis look at eachother.

"North," they say simultaneously.

Europe in 1819:
1819eu.txt

Oman (95% of it)
1819oman.txt

And for all of you wanting to know how many bankruptcies there were, I will have to count them...ALL!! I will put them up as soon as I am done counting! :(

now why does spain have a PCB on you?? :)
(embargo?)

great AAR, and some nice country you built :)

Forzaa: I think the Spanish have a permanent CB against all the Muslim world, so mainly Oman then :D

Portugal also has one, though they never used it, I think they have a claim on either Mascate or Zanzibar. It's been quite a while since I last played Portugal.

And then there are those Sunni guys :cool: what's left of them!