• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not really sure how things go in Canada, but in America Nov 17 was supposed to be a Thursday...just sayin. ;-)

Couple things I ran into during first play through:
Repair feature has issues:
- When repairing, not all damaged ships appear on the list of ships needing repair, even after consecutive turns of trying
- Ships not actually repaired as fully as the repair screen indicates, sometimes ships not allowed to be fully repaired at Repair Screen despite there being adequate points available
- Enemy ships in system appear as possible repair targets

After a battle (with Proteans, but only the once), upon return to the Starscape:
- systems that had the glowy "Something Important Happened Here" marker had graphical error where the marker went supernova (huge green and white sphere)
- research tree blanked out: was empty, had "Energy Weapons" selected and researchable for whatever item was currently selected, but no graphics and no switching trees
- Quit to Main Menu, then tried to Continue = made things worse... ALL stars now invisible, camera wouldn't pan or center on home systems or selected systems, research window still blanked
- Quit game completely, then rebooted program and reloaded save game, worked ok from there

During two consecutive rounds of a battle I had two ships refuse to move, rotate, or spin. Funny thing was, it was different ships from the first round to the second, but two each time.

Formation setup in Fleet Manager still inop. Have to spend over a minute of battle time just trying to put ships into some semblance of formation. Combat REALLY needs a fleet list where you can select individual ships from a drop-down list, select by ship type,etc. It's a royal pain to have to hunt for and mouse over each to figure out what they are and where they should be.

Oh and the Combat Selection screen (the one that shows up to tell you about potential battles and asks how you want to resolve them), the Fleet list windows need scroll bars - I expanded a fleet list out one time past the limits of the window and couldn't scroll up to minimize the list again.

On the "I'm So Happy" side:
- Main Menu loads super quick just like it should. Great job guys! It's a small but significant thing.
- Trade overlay is better, more understandable, but I have no idea if trade is actually occurring: I build Civ stations, have docks open, freighters built, and trade monies allocated... all symbols show it *should* be happening , but I have no idea IF it is or how much it's making. And when trade range bubbles intersect, they blend together so you have to guess if the systems are in range or not.
- Drones work! I can finally make my beloved carriers. Suh-weet! Now if only they could carry like 20!! HAHAhaHAHahahahaahaa.....ha.....

That's all I've got for now (besides the other really big stuff you guys already know about)
Thanks for the hard work.

Edit:: After posting this, I reloaded the game and found 15300 in "Trade Units" in the Empire Management screen. What's odd is that it had been 0 for like 10 or more turns *after* getting all the economic pieces in place and stayed 0 right up to when I quit the game to write this post. It's nice to see that "15300", but I still have no idea what that really means - Is that actual "monetary units" or some other "unit" that is somewhere/somehow being converted into money? There is so much going on with this game, so many things unexplained, that it gets really difficult to know what to do or how to do it. It would be great if we had a patch just to fill in all the tooltips and Sotspedia and "Help" screens to explain what is actually there now.

Last edited:
Over all the game is now much more playable some things still don't work (for instance the diplomacy system) but over all its in good shape, the one major problem i have is with turn transition, i love playing big games, but when ever i end my turn the time counts down and then i have to wait and extra roughly 10 seconds for the turn to actually increment, could you please fix this im sure its just a type in the code somewhere. Oooooh yeh and this is for a x64 machine.

Repair feature has issues:
- When repairing, not all damaged ships appear on the list of ships needing repair, even after consecutive turns of trying
- Ships not actually repaired as fully as the repair screen indicates, sometimes ships not allowed to be fully repaired at Repair Screen despite there being adequate points available

Same bug tortures me as well.

And sometimes after I defeated the enemy fleet, the battle summary says it was a draw. The next turn there is still an enemy fleet in my system, but no enemy ship appears during combat. When the combat time runs out I'm stuck in the tactical combat screen.

Last edited:
From what I ve read from Mecron, the policy is 1 big patch on wednesdays and 1 tidy patch on friday.
I'm just curious to know what's the time to completion for this game in months? I would love an official statement (stating in advance you can take all the time you need and of course, no problem with me).

From what I ve read from Mecron, the policy is 1 big patch on wednesdays and 1 tidy patch on friday.
I'm just curious to know what's the time to completion for this game in months? I would love an official statement (stating in advance you can take all the time you need and of course, no problem with me).

The official stated timeline is "a month or so" from the 28th of October. Mecron had later clarified(loosely) that he meant around 4-6 weeks. Today marks the 3 week point, so mid December would be when I expect the "All's done" email to go out. As you said though, it will take as much time as it needs.

The official stated timeline is "a month or so" from the 28th of October. Mecron had later clarified(loosely) that he meant around 4-6 weeks. Today marks the 3 week point, so mid December would be when I expect the "All's done" email to go out...

yeah... I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. Too many major features are broken, bugged to snot, not implemented, or just plain incomplete for them to "finish" in 3 weeks. I agree they should take their time to get it done right... just don't see it happening before Christmas.

wednesday's patch was causing some problems with the 64-bit exe, try unchecking "prefer 64-bit process" in your launcher's options?