• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(165900)

<font color="white"><font size="3"><b>Paradox Publ
3 Badges
Sep 14, 2009
www.paradoxplaza.com
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Majesty 2
  • Pirates of Black Cove
Hi,

Sword of the Stars II update r17948b is now live, changelog and known issues below.

From now on there will be one update per week. Most quick fixes are done and we gear up for the long haul. We will still put the same amount of work into the game. Your continued feedback is very much appreciated.

/Paradox and the Kerberos

*** This update might break some old save games. ***

Critical fixes:
- Fixed a bug that prevented income from being generated when doing a feasibility study.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to automatically distribute sliders from a hidden slider.
- Fixed a crash with support missions trying to open a dialog twice in a turn.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if closing the game while it was booting up.
- Fixed a von neumann crash caused by the faction running out of resources for a new collector fleet.
- Fixed an issue with crashing gem/forge world events from trying to apply moral bonus.
- Drones can now be designed and assigned to ships.
- Battle Riders may now be launched and recovered via their weapon icons in combat.
- Combat turn flow was rewritten. All combat queries are now answered at once, and then all combat simulations play out.
- Fixed a bug that stopped biome colonizers from improving terraforming values.

Other fixes:
- Fixed a recent issue where only the default player profile would be used.
- Fixed tech requirements on a few freighter ship sections.
- Removed "freighter" designation from ship sections to which it was incorrectly applied.
- Tarka freighter savings cost has been reduced from 1.5-million to 150,000.
- Leviathan stats have been improved.
- Tweaked turret arcs on a number of ship and station sections.
- Stations whose crew die off stop rotating in combat.
- Patrol battle riders now follow their tenders better.
- Fixed an issue where battle riders were not swarming around stations effectively.
- Fixed feasibility speech cues from using wrong speech library.
- Fixed admiral driven speech to use proper case.
- Fixed researching sound.
- Fixed research completed early sound cue.
- Fixed the battle draw and winning battle speech cues.
- Fixed under-the-hood sliders to automatically reset themselves to zero.
- Fixed an issue with swarmers trying to assign themselves to systems with no planets.
- Fixed an issue with the flock bonus not being used as a percentage.
- Moved the overharvest warning event to the correct location to stop it spamming every time the IO was queried.
- Fixed an issue that caused the gem and forge world events to spam.
- Fixed battle manager bug when entering system with no Naval base.
- Made visual culling much more subtle on star map to avoid labels popping in and out.
- Cleaned up view filter modes, populated list through code instead of through xml.
- Fixed issue in battle manager where station slots where being displayed even if no CP was available.
- Properly hooked up Mission/Engine section name display to riders in rider manager.
- Combat ready animations no longer loop incorrectly on ships.
- Save games should stay significantly smaller now due to the disabling of a debug feature that was storing a detailed history of all previous changes.
- Fixed a visual issue where tracking torpedoes would draw erroneous lines across the screen.
- The trade view filter on the star map now shows different icons for star systems.
- Fixed a bug that caused the admirals to return an incorrect admiral prefix to sound cues.
- Fixed a bug where Liir Naval Stations were displaying Hiver station assets.
- Fixed visual jitter for battle riders returning to tender.
- Fixed an issue where turn events were not displaying for some.
- Fixed various sizing bugs in GUI lists.
- Protean pods will return attacks.
- Fixed incorrect terrain names in Clouds and Ring star maps.

Other changes:
- New entries have been added to the encyclopedia's Galactic Atlas.
- Added new weapons: Blast Storm Missile, Polaris Blast Beam Missile
- Added new Rift star map.
- Added the ability to skip camera transitions with the escape key.
- Added a tutorial help screen for trade.
- Added Zuul freighters.
- Added missing Von Neumann PD weapons.
- Adjusted station visibility distances for combat.
- Added default ship names for command ships, bore ships, and gate ships.
- Implementation of initial, new post combat dialog.
- Added trade Modifier for trade distances.
- Added a table to keep track of trade results to stop clients from not being able to see trade.
- Stopped the ability to trade with someone you are at war with.
- Increased the max planet range for provinces by 1 ly.
- Added a configuration ability for disabling the main menu combat scene. There is no user interface for this diagnostic option, but it can be modified at your own risk in '%localappdata%\Sword of the Stars II\settings\settings.xml' by adding or modifying the LoadMenuCombat element with a True or False value.
- Added launch effects for planet-to-orbit weapons.
- Added "Reserve Slot" label to reserve rider slots.
- Added events for post combat.
- Added realtime feedback to trade slider adjustment in trade view.
- Added filter to battle rider manager to display only carriers in widget.
- Added color coding to riders in rider manager.
- Added max flock bonus to strat mods and hooked it up to morrigi drive tech.
- Added a function for adding orbits with orbit numbers.

Key known issues:
- There is no post-combat popup.
- Screen transition time still slow for some.
- Game not running in 64-bit for some (running 32-bit works).
- Looking for people unable to connect to GameSpy for MP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like a mouse over pop-up when using the general UI for the budge breakdown in the upper left corner of the screen. Great update!

The game seems to be coming along well, as for 1 update a week, it is probably for the best, why spend twice the time to put two patches together a week where one would allow for more time to work on the current patch. Anyways, I get tired of restarting a game after each patch to minimize the chance for game saves not working or causing crashes. Thanx for the hard work and alot of what i have read on the other forums makes me ready to see the complete game in a month or two. Well done so far, again.

I hope they add the option to turn station rotation off because it just looks ridiculous to me, I mean imagine coming to dock on one of those and you miss the docking port then have to wait until the next pass to try again!

You can set your own drones on design, but you must close design and then again open it, then you can assign them to the Carriers.

Btw. dont get me wrong, but 20% of the WEAPONS are still not working or are buggy, and you beginn allready to get new weaponsystems ingame? Ehm....
But at all a mutch better patch than last week! Thumbs up.

I haven't checked in for that last few patches, is the sound fixed? That was the big thing holding me back. I can live with a few bugs and glitches but I can't play in silence.

Keep up the good work, you'll get there!

just to check; does "one update a week" mean there won't be a friday patch? asking because if there is going to be one, i'll not start a new game tonight.

Update Question

The update "Added a tutorial help screen for trade" Can anybody shed light on where this is please as I want to get a grips with it.
Also "Added a table to keep track of trade results to stop clients from not being able to see trade". Same question really.
I really like the trade aspect of the game even though it's not fully functional. Some do, some don't but its about personal preference.
Got to Turn 180 and my trade is really flying up (pre update game which still functions), but still can't figure out the displays.
Any help greatly appreciated

You can set your own drones on design, but you must close design and then again open it, then you can assign them to the Carriers.

Btw. dont get me wrong, but 20% of the WEAPONS are still not working or are buggy, and you beginn allready to get new weaponsystems ingame? Ehm....
But at all a mutch better patch than last week! Thumbs up.

Fixing a bug is often a much larger investment of time and resources than adding a new feature, unless new bugs are added by that feature. It can sometimes be very difficult to find the error in a chunk of code.

Some Morigi ships seem to have drone slots that cannot be used.

Hannibal modules shoul be restricted to command ships and all races command sections should be allowedto have them.

The all colonies screen still does not include colonies on moons.

When will Hiver and Zuul pathign be addressed?

They are reimplementing Design features so while they are new to us, they aren't new to the game per se. Many bugs and issues are the result of those features not being implemented.
They also have a need to implement them before they can finish the bug-fixing process. I get the Impression that they are now working on getting the larger game feature like Diplomacy(previously said to be in next weeks update) back in.

There will also be a hotfix update on friday.
Mecron said:
quick fix is not an update per se...he is right. The friday is basically support for the wednesday and whatever bonus stuff gets in along the way.
So some of the bugs we are seeing right now will likely be fixed (like drones requiring you to leave the design screen and re-enter to be assignable)

Edit: Some more info for Friday and next week's Wednesday patch

Mecron said:
Friday's will mainly be about fixes so it won't be as massive as the wednesday...and thats a patter you can expect to see over the next while. Big wednesday, tidy friday. And while the AI stances DO work they are not 100%...look to next wednesday for combat love on a few levels. Thanks for all the support folks!

Last edited: