• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well it would seem worthless to me if we just needed the activation off GG then yeh it would be cool and hopefully its the right ver,but as we still need to download the steam version after the GG version i see no reason for the GG version atm...few lol.
Well the GG version is about the right size(for what it is supposed to be), while the steam version in an uncompressed beta. I would think the GG versions files are about the same as the corrected steam version will be. Which would lead to less files that would need to be downloaded.

AND this is for when steam has got the correct version, NOT this very moment when steam has the wrong version.

Well it would seem worthless to me if we just needed the activation off GG then yeh it would be cool and hopefully its the right ver,but as we still need to download the steam version after the GG version i see no reason for the GG version atm...few lol.

The GG version might be the real version thus when steams fixes it's self the GG version will just install like it should be doing without the 5 GB download.

I'm personally mildly amused at the moment. Frustrated too, of course, but I've spend the last couple of days going back and forth with Steam (they haven't been bad mind, just hoops that needed to be jumped through and should be there given the situation) trying to get my steam account working again, because I've had fraud issues since I last used it, and more or less everything has changed since then -- my name is the same, but I've got a new email, username, password, address, computer, phone number, etc, so been trying to get everything accessed, updated, etc. And I finish just in time for the download... only to have to wait. The irony is tickling my funny bone a bit.

At least I've got other steam games that I hadn't installed on this computer yet to download and install while I wait for this to get resolved. Means I don't really feel like I'm wasting my time, ya know?

As much as all this is an annoyance, I have to admit that my heart is also warmed by seeing so many people come together in anticipation of the game.

So strong is the sense of community among the people expectant of SotSII that we've actually managed to turn the Steam forums civilized for the moment.

Civilized. The Steam forums.

Version Numbers

The rev that I just downloaded and ran is 17174b. I'm assuming this is the "oops" release? Can someone post the correct number so we know what to look for?

As much as all this is an annoyance, I have to admit that my heart is also warmed by seeing so many people come together in anticipation of the game.

So strong is the sense of community among the people expectant of SotSII that we've actually managed to turn the Steam forums civilized for the moment.

Civilized. The Steam forums.

Ill soon put a stop to that disgusting people been NICE whats the world coming too.

This is yet another reason why putting your support capabilities at Valve's discretion, and on Valve's time table, was a bad idea. I'm betting that if it weren't for Steam we'd have a patch by now. I do hope you'll remember this when considering your DRM and support options in the future.

This is yet another reason why putting your support capabilities at Valve's discretion, and on Valve's time table, was a bad idea. I'm betting that if it weren't for Steam we'd have a patch by now. I do hope you'll remember this when considering your DRM and support options in the future.

Be very carefull what you say mate the nice people on hear will pat and hug you to death for saying anything bad.

I am a bit confused. I have bought the game from GG and I have downloaded the 1.65G file. I am now prompted/forced to download the 5G file from Steam, which based on the time to download and speed appears to be of the same size as the GG one. My question is: Is at least the file on Steam now or am I just downloading the infamous Beta build and thus wasting a significant chunk of my monthly internet allowance?

Be very carefull what you say mate the nice people on hear will pat and hug you to death for saying anything bad.

They're welcome to do as they please, of course. I wish Paradox and Kerberos nothing but the best, but I don't think forced Steam usage is in their best interest or ours, and this incident only further proves that.

I am a bit confused. I have bought the game from GG and I have downloaded the 1.65G file. I am now prompted/forced to download the 5G file from Steam, which based on the time to download and speed appears to be of the same size as the GG one. My question is: Is at least the file on Steam now or am I just downloading the infamous Beta build and thus wasting a significant chunk of my monthly internet allowance?

I would just hangfire and when the CORRECT steam version is up just download that mate.

It's pretty accurate.

Valve is... Not great at this sort of thing. However they are pretty good about working for their 'clients' in other ways. Such as working out sales (that is discount sales) and special offers for the benefit of the users.

The rev that I just downloaded and ran is 17174b. I'm assuming this is the "oops" release? Can someone post the correct number so we know what to look for?

That is indeed the "oops". The B doesn't stand for beta though, it was just a revision of the 17174 version. We don't know what the correct version number will be though, they might call it 17174c as in the txt file or they might call it v1.0 etc.

For people with limited internet etc. AFAIK there is no need to download anything from GG or other portals, if you can get you steam code just plug it into steam and download from there. You may want to wait until the corrected version is ready, it should just be an update for 17174b but not being directly involved I cannot guarantee that.

That is indeed the "oops". The B doesn't stand for beta though, it was just a revision of the 17174 version. We don't know what the correct version number will be though, they might call it 17174c as in the txt file or they might call it v1.0 etc.

For people with limited internet etc. AFAIK there is no need to download anything from GG or other portals, if you can get you steam code just plug it into steam and download from there. You may want to wait until the corrected version is ready, it should just be an update for 17174b but not being directly involved I cannot guarantee that.

Im sure this is what i was saying to people early on lol.