• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Hi,

There's been some requests for official information so here it is:

Kerberos have officially confirmed that a new build is being uploaded to Steam right now and Steam will automatically take care of the update.

Once it's up we'll confirm and also post the change-log.

So in summary: updated build and change log incoming.

Edit: We'd also like to apologies for the inconvenience and are very thankful for your support and patience. A lot of people are working hard right now to fix things so hopefully we'll have some more news soon.

Edit II: The latest update from the devs is that the build is still uploading but that they are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and are in close communication with Steam.

Edit III: This just in from Kerberos: "Upload almost complete, short test, then live. Big thanks for being patient. You'll understand our caution we hope."

Kind regards
Susana

Last edited:
I don't dare guess about the ETA, it depends on bandwidth speed in the upload etc. All I can say is that it's for sure uploading at the moment. And yes, I'm going to sticky this but I seem to have had some admin privileges revoked ;-) so as soon as that's been taken care of I'll sticky.

Absolutely, you have every right to be disappointed and let me assure you that everyone involved is very sorry for all this inconvenience around release. As people have mentioned, a lot of people are working very hard to fix things and we really appreciate the patience you have shown.

Kind Regards
Susana

The rev that I just downloaded and ran is 17174b. I'm assuming this is the "oops" release? Can someone post the correct number so we know what to look for?

That is indeed the "oops". The B doesn't stand for beta though, it was just a revision of the 17174 version. We don't know what the correct version number will be though, they might call it 17174c as in the txt file or they might call it v1.0 etc.

For people with limited internet etc. AFAIK there is no need to download anything from GG or other portals, if you can get you steam code just plug it into steam and download from there. You may want to wait until the corrected version is ready, it should just be an update for 17174b but not being directly involved I cannot guarantee that.

1:36 am here :). Steam is on PST so they should still have a few hours left to go before the finish up for the day. The devs have said the build is still uploading but that they're hoping it wont be much longer now. But it's entirely true that Steam does work office hours and no weekends.

Kind regards
Susana

The thing is that someone should stop the Steam auto patch. I tried un-installing the game and re-install using the GG download and steam went and download the old version again. The least they could have done in the meantime is to stop that process.

There's a setting on your end: Right click the game in Steam, properties, updates: turn it off. I would not reccomend that though, as then it will not download the update when it is ready.