• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Make a small decision and put it in the .txt file corresponding to your country and scenario. make a back up first. (for example in "\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\db\events\germany.txt")

Code:
event = {
	id = 2004000 (change to a whichever free id you want to)
	country = TAG (change to the correct tag)

decision = { 

}

decision_trigger = { 

}

trigger = { 
		ai = no
	}

name = "Name changer"
	desc = "This will change your name" 
	style = 2
	picture = "news_paper"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1900 }
	offset = 999
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1999 }

action = {
		name = "Ok" 
		ai_chance = 100
		command = { type = name where = TAG which = "Popular Modern Monarchist Democratic Union of the States From Here"}
	}
}

Ok, this is getting on my nerves now...what is wrong with this event:

Code:
event = { 
	id = 99999988
	random = no
	country = TRK
    	style = 2

name = "Autonomy for Centralasian Republic"
	desc = "...No one reads this..."

action_a = {
		name = "Long live Russia!"
		command = { type = name where = TRK which = "Centralasian Republic" }
		command = { type = flag_ext where = TRK which = "_RUS" }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1103 } 
		command = { type = addcore which = 1105 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1104 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1106 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1107 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1099 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1100 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1101 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1102 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1097 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1098 }
	}
}
Thanks in advance :D
I was thinking... you lack a trigger!

Thanks for the help Arcanjo Zero, KaiserMuffin and Kung Zog.

Simple. The error
Code:
 ERROR : (Missing = in statement.) '= = technology' Line = 10 file = Mods\Rise of HYDRA\db\events\secret_weapon_events.txt
means that a component has an invalid type associated. In this case, is avionics. Why? Cause you are using the tech_names.csv of the vanilla game instead of the one in DH full. Just replace it with the one in DH full an that problem should disappear.

Ah that makes sense, thanks

well i don't know, since the game won's start...i start the scenario and it loads till the end and it doesn't begin...really annoying...i have several more events that are the same:

Code:
event = { 
	id = 99999989
	random = no
	country = LIT
    	style = 2

name = "Autonomy for Litva"

action_a = {
		command = { type = name where = LIT which = "Republic of Litva" }
		command = { type = flag_ext where = LIT which = "_RUS" }
		command = { type = addcore which = 259 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 260 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 262 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 263 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 255 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 258 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 261 
	}
}

Code:
event = { 
	id = 99999990
	random = no
	country = KAZ
    	style = 2

name = "Autonomy for Kazakhstan"

action_a = {
		command = { type = name where = KAZ which = "Republic of Kazakhstan" }
		command = { type = flag_ext where = KAZ which = "_RUS" }
		command = { type = addcore which = 706  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1115 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 502  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 501  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 498  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 499  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1140 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1114 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1117 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1118 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1116 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1111 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 500  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 503  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 505  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 507  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 504  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 506  }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1108 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1109 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1110 }
		command = { type = addcore which = 1112 }
	}
}

but the only difference is that the one with turkestan is the last one...i really don't know what's the issue

well another event triggers them...and they are all the same, and game starts when i remove the last one, but when i put it back, it won't start again...

never mind i finally got it...

Last edited:
Simple. The error
Code:
 ERROR : (Missing = in statement.) '= = technology' Line = 10 file = Mods\Rise of HYDRA\db\events\secret_weapon_events.txt
means that a component has an invalid type associated. In this case, is avionics. Why? Cause you are using the tech_names.csv of the vanilla game instead of the one in DH full. Just replace it with the one in DH full an that problem should disappear.

I replaced tech_names.csv and it is still coming up with the same problem

Trying to find event 2030005 - it's the Finnish surrender with Soviet occupation event where the Finns turn commie. It's not in hoi2.inc or any of the Finnish or USSR files...where the hell is it?

well i know that....that is how i find the mistakes usually...but...i cannot get out of the game in any way..and savedebug.txt doesn't show any errors...usually it is lhs type error at the end of file...but it obviously isn't now...

I was wondering what would happen if my country would fall under partisan control (to simulate a revolution). I found out that... absolutely nothing, the country just stays black. So, is there a way to regain control of partisan-controlled territories via event?

Also, is it possible to create two events, out of which only one will be randomly chosen to fire? I mean, instead of a multiple-choice event, I want to be unable to control which option is chosen. Do I make any sense?:blink:

Have them use the same conditions and then have them both disable the other when they're fired?
Have one event that fires randomly that has one_action = yes which then fires the other two events dependent upon the result?

Also, is it possible to create two events, out of which only one will be randomly chosen to fire? I mean, instead of a multiple-choice event, I want to be unable to control which option is chosen. Do I make any sense?:blink:

You can create the two events (id=1 and id=2)and in the trigger use NOT = { event = 1} and in the other event NOT = { event = 2}. The other way is to use a "proxy" event with the one_action set 1 which will randomly fire the other events.

edit: emud

Have them use the same conditions and then have them both disable the other when they're fired?
Have one event that fires randomly that has one_action = yes which then fires the other two events dependent upon the result?

You can create the two events (id=1 and id=2)and in the trigger use NOT = { event = 1} and in the other event NOT = { event = 2}. The other way is to use a "proxy" event with the one_action set 1 which will randomly fire the other events.

edit: emud
Thank you both for your answers! While the first method you mentioned isn't working (both events fire) the one_action thing is working like a charm! :D Can you help me with the partisan issue too? :)