• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
France seems to be doing quite good in this game. You don't see them manage to last against Germany and Italy this often.

And yes, giving up Danzig had a price. Nice to see you're recovering ground, though the situation seems a bit touch-and-go. A lot depends on France managing to hold their northern lines, and now they must do so without a sizable portion of their industrial capacity.

Ready or not, here we come!

After the elimination of Danzig pocket the offensive was resumed. A breakthrough was successfully explored in the north. German defence was also breached around Poznan and Polish commenced pursuing.

The northern half of the Second Offensive Army is steadily but surely marching towards Berlin. The southern half of the Second Offensive Army is providing support and encircling German divisions positioned around and in Poznan. Tank Destroyer brigades reached frontline and soon will be tested in battles.

Poland is rejoiced. Soldiers are planning to drink Zubrowka in Berlin before Christmas.

HoI311241.jpg

1 December 1941 – 1 January 1942

The Second Polish Offensive Army progresses steadily and reached Berlin on 11 December. The city was encircled without much resistance and an assault was commenced. Following three-week struggle Berlin garrison and several divisions Latvian and Estonian divisions surrendered on 29 December. Polish troops were slightly disappointed that they had to fight during Christmas, but Zubrowka was flowing through the streets of Berlin during a New Year as never before.

HoI3191241Berlin.jpg

The south part of the Second Polish Offensive Army chased, surrounded and eliminated the North Poland German Army. Following destruction of the North Army, a general offensive began. The Central Poland German Army retreated to Czechia and clashes began near Prague. The South Poland German Army and Slovakian showed a stubborn defence and only limited gains were achieved.

Intel informed that the Denmark German Army began redeployment and soon will arrive to halt the Polish northern breakthrough. No movement noted in France yet.

HoI31142.jpg

French eliminated Italian pockets in South France but Italians at last were able to organise solid defensive line and the French offensive was halted.

However, German offensive in North France also stalled.

HoI31142France.jpg

Following humiliation in France and Libya, Italians commenced a final assault of Greece. It is suspected that units freed in Greece would be sent to France.

HoI31142Greece.jpg

Remember to change your occupation laws. This way you can max. your IC from occupied Germany.

I too managed to beat Germany with Poland in 1.3. MP was serious problem and also lack of fast troops. I made few cavalry+armoder cars divisions for breaktrough.

Probably Germany will suck its manpower very soon. Two front war will do this even if Poland only defend and hold ground.

Remember to change your occupation laws. This way you can max. your IC from occupied Germany.

I too managed to beat Germany with Poland in 1.3. MP was serious problem and also lack of fast troops. I made few cavalry+armoder cars divisions for breaktrough.

Probably Germany will suck its manpower very soon. Two front war will do this even if Poland only defend and hold ground.

I wish, but to be honest, I do not know what esle to build, because I will be out of MP soon anyway. Coloboration at least gives more MP and leadership.

I thought about cavalry+AC divisions but they are too slow compared with motorised or armoured Germans. Cavalry cannot overrun them. At the moment I use AC brigades. They are crap at everything except speed but this is the most important.

1 January 1942 – 1 February 1942

Italians continued the offensive in Greece and on 11 January 1942, Greece fell.

HoI311142.jpg

The north German frontline stabilised. The Polish offensive turn direction south and soon armoured car brigades reached Italian border. Almost all Czechoslovakia was liberated. Only Bratislava was held by Slovakian nationalists. Badly damaged and exhausted remainders of Central and South Poland German armies retreated to Austrian border and took positions in heavily defended forts.

Germans sent an army through Italian Alps to rescue embattled remains of Polish Campaign. Germans are at last withdrawing divisions from France Theatre and sending them to halt Polish advance.

HoI31242.jpg

Italians took momentum in South France and unexpectedly launched a counter-offensive.

HoI31242France.jpg

Quite disappointing to see the German AI being unable to penetrate fortified lines or at least complete it's advance on other fronts. If Vichy had fired already, the AI would be able to shove a lot more troops towards Berlin.

hmh... ai seems easygoing when its initial force is being pushed... took you over 2 years but lol... in 1941 reich was supposed to peak its potential... where are the forces to make barbarossa?

hmh... ai seems easygoing when its initial force is being pushed... took you over 2 years but lol... in 1941 reich was supposed to peak its potential... where are the forces to make barbarossa?

Well, how do you suppose them to be built without the conquest of Poland, BeNeLux, France, Denmark, Norway and the Balkans?

Quite disappointing to see the German AI being unable to penetrate fortified lines

I have reloaded the game and tried Germans in 9.39. At the weakest point of my defence the best Germans could achieve was 45% attacking from all possible sides with optimum divisions. However, this was without Polish counter-attacks from sides and sending reinforcements.

the German AI being unable to complete it's advance on other fronts.

I agree with this. German AI should be allowed to attack Benelux even if Poland still fighting.

Shouldn't the Soviets DOW you? :confused:

Following R-M pact Soviets do not Poland. They just divide Poland after its surrender. However, they attack Baltic States if they refuse to surrender without a fight.

I know a bad Austrian painter who must rue the day he gave the order to begin Fall Weiss...

He is currently painting forest in Bitburg :) (Reich capital at the moment)

I believe AI does estimations of enemy power in its war theatre. It was obvious for East Theatre HQ that German army has numerical superiority against Polish and therefore there was no need to build much more troops. However, may be I am wrong.

On the other hand, French were building up their army and German West HQ, I believe were racing with French. If German MP monthly increase is approximately 20 then they in 2 years they can build about 100 divisions.

In July 1941, French had about 160 divisions and Polish 50 – in total 210. German – at least 100 in East and probably about 250 in West – in total 350. I destroyed about 120 it means that there could be about 230 German divisions left. 0 level intel shows 150 visible German divisions.

I believe that the problem is that those 250 West Theatre divisions were alerted about Polish advance only when Polish reached West Theatre boundary.

Last edited:
Yes, the AI has had troubles shuffling troops between theatres ever since 1.1. ComTrav's UK AAR showed this for Germany in the reverse situation :(

I hope Semper Fi changes this.

1 February 1942 – 1 March 1942

On 17 February 1942, Netherlands joined a war and some border clashes started. Situation in Polish front stabilised. German remnants of Polish Campaign and the army which arrived to rescue them became entrapped in Austria.

French at last commenced their offensive in North France but achieved only very limited gains. However, situation in North France became dare again.

After elimination of Germans armies in Austria, Polish military command is planning breakthrough in Stuttgart sector and advance to Strasbourg cutting off all South German Group from the rest of German army.

HoI31342.jpg

Last edited: