• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news I am afraid. I had some time for CWoWWII today but I got distracted by another matter for Paradox (yay blame Paradox :D) due to the Community Map Project so I won't have the time to sort out this crash issue today.

Everything works and is compatible with FTM except for the unit counters. I don't understand the crash as everything looks normal, I can't make the counters to work the game crashes instantly on startup (during the loading map sprites phase). It takes more time than planned (as I don't understand -yet- the bug) and I am really sorry about that. I hate not delivering a patch in time.

I will dedicate any parcel of free time for you guys as soon as I can in this week. I hope to have this sorted out for friday.

Can someone confirm that the DLC doesn't work in FTM? When does it crashes? Can you access the main menu?
Those informations will help me. :)

Running FtM 3.04 with Common Weapons 1.2, I can load the main menu fine. Going Single Player -> Road to War -> Germany, The game starts loading but consistantly (three times) crashes with "Adapting History" displayed in the little box.

Hmmm thanks for your input, I must have something wrong with my vanilla setup. Maybe it is good news. :)

I don't know if this is relevant or not as I experienced the crash at adapting history with vanilla FTM 3.04 patch (3.02 worked fine)

I spent ages uninstalling and reinstalling, checking I had the right checksum etc but nothing worked, it always crashed at updating history.

As a kind of last resort I checked for Windows (7) and driver updates and found a couple that hadn't installed yet (my pc does it automatically every week), downloaded them and it all worked ok from then on. I don't know which one fixed the problem but it was clearly a recently released one that did it.

Like I say though, this was vanilla FTM 3.04 so may not be of help to you but might be worth a try.

Just checked since I haven't played a 3.04 game yet, and vanila 3.04 does not crash for me, while 3.04+CWWWII does.

FTM 3.04+cwwwII last patch
loading game ok
main menu and single player ok
start to load and crash

had a look in the country_production.gfx and found two inputs missing from the vanila FTM
GFX_pruduction_butten_resistance and Picture_underground

spriteType = {
name = "picture_underground"
texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\picture_underground.dds"
norefcount = yes
}
spriteType = {
name = "GFX_production_button_resistance"
texturefile = "gfx\\interface\\production_button_resistance.tga"
noOfFrames = 1
effectFile = "gfx\\FX\\buttonstate.fx"
loadType = "INGAME"
norefcount = yes
}

when i add thise I can start game but crash when I try to open production page:rolleyes:

hope it helps

Good news everyone! I get it to work. \o/
A .dds was corrupted I don't know how then the map tiles made the game to crash.

I am checking everything and thinking about the new unit I want to add and I think you will have your patch friday. :)

You have one day to suggest any unit you want, I have no specific idea right now so you may see your suggestions added.

I am planning on playing Germany 1936 start date I took a look at the Waffen SS stats and the Wermacht Inf stat and see no difference. Am I missing something? Are SS divisions "better" than their Wermacht counterparts?

Check the doctrine, in '36 start infantry is at level 3 while SS infantry has no level. SS have better starting morale and org, and sometimes better stats but don't except big badass. Basically they can last longer in battle.

How is it with NAV in the DLC? I would like one long range, longer than now. This would represent flying boats as Catalinas, Mavis, etc. This units should have a rather low surface attack.

The one could improve the naval attack values of CAS, MR and TAC.

Then all of these incl. nav could get Secret tech bonus from Air to Surface missiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.