• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Hi, loaded up 3 new games now one of which was 1941 Barabarosa.
All had the officer Ration starting at 0%.

Somebody said it could be the Mod needing a hot-fix?

How can you tell when this DLC is installed on your game?

I also get it when I load vanila. I recently had a tiresome time getting HoI3 to run after reinsatlling to get the patch to work. Getting frustrated by HoI3's problems now. Seems liek every patch introduices new obvious problems.

I get a CTD when I click on the LSSAH brigade in Berlin. Reproduced it.

Hi Devildread. I use the german version hoi3 (shame :) ) and your dlc. I don´t know if I made something wrong with the patches but I don´t have the full translation for your dlc. So I take a look at files in the localisation folder. In my version (1.2) of the dlc there some translation missing. Not only in german, some of the french and russian stuff is also missing. So I change this by myself. If it was possible I use your translation from the ICE mod. The rest is translated by myself. I also copy the english descriptions to the missing french or russian parts (I can´t speak this language... shame again), so this languages have no free parts anymore. For me it works now! If you want the changed files, I can sent it to you. So you can included it in next patch or so...
Anyway, Thanks for your great work and good luck with your new dlc!

I don't have problem with my installation, I'll check tomorrow for the LSSAH and officer thing but I am afraid this is a patch problem from your game. :/

Hi Devildread. I use the german version hoi3 (shame :) ) and your dlc. I don´t know if I made something wrong with the patches but I don´t have the full translation for your dlc. So I take a look at files in the localisation folder. In my version (1.2) of the dlc there some translation missing. Not only in german, some of the french and russian stuff is also missing. So I change this by myself. If it was possible I use your translation from the ICE mod. The rest is translated by myself. I also copy the english descriptions to the missing french or russian parts (I can´t speak this language... shame again), so this languages have no free parts anymore. For me it works now! If you want the changed files, I can sent it to you. So you can included it in next patch or so...

I am interested indeed. Thanks for sharing. Please send it to me via private message. :)

Hey folks,

I've buyed this DLC and I'm very satisfied with the product so far...really worth the money. The only problem I'm having, is, there doesn't seems to be any German translation at all. When activating the event that triggers the DLC content I only get a "german_mobilisation_decision_title" and "german_mobilisation_decision_desc", the same is true for unit description and some other things. I've tried to edit the "zDD_DLC_decisions.txt" to see if German language works at all, like that...

Code:
german_mobilisation_decision_title;German Mobilisation;Mobilisation Allemande;Deutsche Mobilmachung;;;;;;;;;;;x

german_mobilisation_decision_desc;Welcome in the Common Weapons of WWII DLC, this mod is about new common and country specific technologies and units. This decision will allow you to research some of those new techs. Don't forget to scroll your division/air/navy production screens if you don't want to miss some units (you have to scroll by clicking on the scroll bar, the mouse scroll button doesn't work here).;;Willkommen in der Common Weapons of WWII DLC. Diese Modifikation beinhaltet neue und Staatspezifische Technologien und Einheiten. Die Entscheidung wird ihnen erlauben, einige dieser neuen Technologien zu erforschen. Denken sie daran, in der Produktionsebene auf und ab zu scrollen, um alle neuen Einheiten einsehen zu können.;;;;;;;;;;;x

...but that doesn't seem to have a positive effect at all.

Hi Devildread. I use the german version hoi3 (shame ) and your dlc. I don´t know if I made something wrong with the patches but I don´t have the full translation for your dlc. So I take a look at files in the localisation folder. In my version (1.2) of the dlc there some translation missing. Not only in german, some of the french and russian stuff is also missing. So I change this by myself. If it was possible I use your translation from the ICE mod. The rest is translated by myself. I also copy the english descriptions to the missing french or russian parts (I can´t speak this language... shame again), so this languages have no free parts anymore. For me it works now! If you want the changed files, I can sent it to you. So you can included it in next patch or so...

Could you please upload this translation, or show me a place in a German forum where I can download it? I'm really urging to get a translation. Really don't want to wait for the next patch, unless Devildread decides to do it within the next 3 o 4 hours^^

Oh and...am I supposed to install the 1.1 Beta patch? I'm using Semper Fi with the 2.04 final patch. Input appreciated, thanks...:D

Edit: I'm using the patch 1.2 for CWWWIII now...works like a charm, but still no German translation.

Last edited:
German version is working fine :

I made the change in the settings.txt language=l_german and everything which exist in the file is localised in german (I have added the tech tabs and the infantry+motorized SS names).
I guess your problem is that the DLC is not localised in german or other language. It is english only + some remains I had from I.C.E. (which is translated in german and some french parts) whenever the names fit.

You are tlaking about a zDD_DLC_decisions.txt file, the localisation is .csv, not .txt. Maybe this is your problem.

flashtnb sent some translations to me but I don't have time to work on that at the moment. I'll see that in May-June I guess. You can try to work with him and release a beta translation if you want but I can't officialize it yet.

German version is working fine :

I made the change in the settings.txt language=l_german and everything which exist in the file is localised in german (I have added the tech tabs and the infantry+motorized SS names).
I guess your problem is that the DLC is not localised in german or other language. It is english only + some remains I had from I.C.E. (which is translated in german and some french parts) whenever the names fit.

You are tlaking about a zDD_DLC_decisions.txt file, the localisation is .csv, not .txt. Maybe this is your problem.

flashtnb sent some translations to me but I don't have time to work on that at the moment. I'll see that in May-June I guess. You can try to work with him and release a beta translation if you want but I can't officialize it yet.

My fault, I was refering to the .csv data, not the .txt. Just didn't had a closer look at the file extension.

The minor problem, obviously is, that the DLC isn't localized in German, which isn't to bad, cause I'm able to interpret what is ment. The major problem is, I can change whatever I want within the localised files, and nothing seems to change at all. If I put my language to English in the settings.txt and change any of the text with inside of the localisation files, you don't see any change in the game. For example, I changed the text for WWI_dogfights_desc to This text makes us fly not so well., and I still get the original text as seen in the screen...

...since there are many other problems, I think this is related to the fact, that old files from before the 2.04d patch are used for the dlc. I did test it with your ICE mod, and there it worked perfectly. I guess that's because you use the most actual files.

Could you please send me the files flashtnb gave you? I just want to see if this fixes anything at all.

Look at your pm, I sent to you the link for the changed files (german translation and the other languages, too)...have fun.

I hope this is ok, devildread? If not, just sent me a mail and I delete the files on my server.

Yeah this is okay of course.
If the translation is working well you can even post it here. I just don't have time right now to deal with it officialy but I will eventually. :)

I am curious does the AI build or research these units? I am wondering if I should save and reload to insure that the AI occasionally makes use of these units or not.

The DLC is designed for the player only. The AI may build some since there is a little randomness in their build/tech order but it won't know how to use it (other than just throw it to battle).

Hi Devildread. First of all my compliments on the mod. I am very satisfied with this and it is a great addition to the game.
Just wodering. Do you have any pland to include motorcyle or bycicle units to the mod ?

Hi, I am sorry but this is a one shot DLC so I won't add anything to it besides patches.

Motorcycle or bycicle units are not large enough to be represented in brigade size (1000 or 3000 men), they are abstractly represented as part of cavalry/infantry/motorised infantry I guess.

Yeah this is okay of course.
If the translation is working well you can even post it here. I just don't have time right now to deal with it officialy but I will eventually. :)

The translation is working flawlessly. I can only recommend it to anyone. Maybe you could add the files in the first post of this thread, just for any German player who stumbles across this place in search for translation of the DLC?

I'll add a link to your post if you put it up, since I started the thread. I'm not sure how easy it would be to add the files directly to the first post.

How can you tell when this DLC is installed on your game?

Look at your tech research screen. You should have a new faction tab that offers faction specific items for research.

Also look at your armor research page. If you have the option to build tank destroyers that are tied to light armor research for improvements, in addition to those of vanilla that are tied to medium armor, then you have the DLC installed.

It's been a long while since I played, so if I have any of that sideways, backwards or upside down, someone correct me, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.