• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is going to be CK3 judging from the medieval armor behind her. And this is at the same time what I would like / fear the most as the current state of CKII put it at the top of PDX games. Therefore high chance of being disappointed...

I dont want ck3 because ck2 its just an amazing game that still can be played meanwhile vicky 2 its an amazing game that needs more love.

It is going to be CK3 judging from the medieval armor behind her. And this is at the same time what I would like / fear the most as the current state of CKII put it at the top of PDX games. Therefore high chance of being disappointed...
Feels too simple and medieval armor could very well Point towards stuff such as fantasy.

After today's teaser I'm almost sure it's NOT CKIII, this hint is too obvious and I don't think Paradox would do that.

In order to make it confirm my preference I'm going to say that the armor is clearly mean't to represent the Iron Curtain while the sword represents the Sword of Damocles and hence nuclear war.

Honestly though I still think it'll be a fantasy gsg no matter how much I want a Cold War Game.

That's a knight's armour.
Knights wielded double-handed greatswords in late medieval era.
Those greatswords were reasons for some of the final victories of the knights in that era.
Victoria is a name derived from the word "victory'.

...Therefore, Victoria 3 confirmed. :p

I think they may expect us to think in such a way and, therefore, it may not be CK3. But the armor is somehow connected with the game. Maybe it's a fantasy strategy?

I mean Linda also wears Camouflage, so I wouldn't set so much emphasis on what is seen in the backround.

The thing is, if they really would announce CK3 now, then this means it was already in development for the past 2 years.
Parallel prodcution of CK2 und CK3 seems difficult.

Also Linda was also the Producer for EU4 for the last 2 years and seemed to have switched 7 moths ago. Became Senior Producer, and with that maybe her own project?

Last edited:
I highly doubt it's CK3, what with CK2 being in the middle of its life cycle.

There is 80% chance it is going to be cold war. Every hint out there is pointed towards that. Camo helmets/clothing, the entire 80s theme of PDXCon, set in Berlin where that big wall was built, and many more subtle hints.

In the chance that it is not a cold war game, it would be a new fantasy IP that we all predicted anyway.

There is 80% chance it is going to be cold war. Every hint out there is pointed towards that. Camo helmets/clothing, the entire 80s theme of PDXCon, set in Berlin where that big wall was built, and many more subtle hints.

In the chance that it is not a cold war game, it would be a new fantasy IP that we all predicted anyway.
I'd be extremely happy with both, but I have to say the hints are becoming too obvious(for me at least) indicating a cold war GSG, and that isn't good, so I think it'll be fantasy.

I'd be extremely happy with both, but I have to say the hints are becoming too obvious(for me at least) indicating a cold war GSG, and that isn't good, so I think it'll be fantasy.

What you say is completely true indeed. I am happy either way, though the hints have bee not-so-subtle these days, which is not what Paradox are known for doing.

Do paradox own the Tyranny IP?, im pretty sure they do and if thats the case id be extremely interested in seeing a proper grand strategy based in its world. the lore and setting was very interesting imo..