My population demands everyone goes to school, but won't support any type of schools.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Yeti Slayer

Sergeant
40 Badges
Jun 12, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
It seems that later- game ideologies (cough, communist) are more likely to be indifferent to education laws, while also being more likely to support child labor restrictions. This can lead to bizarre results, as none of my interest groups that could be in government supported any type of education, but I had almost universal support for compulsory school attendance.

Shame on me for not addressing education sooner, but it just seems odd to support mandatory school attendance without also supporting an education law.

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
They try to keep the ideologies limited to their main concerns for gameplay, in reality most of them would have an opinion on every group law in the game.
But also between the devout, industrialists, and trade unions it should be pretty hard to not have support for some kind of schooling.

• 2Like
Reactions:
They try to keep the ideologies limited to their main concerns for gameplay, in reality most of them would have an opinion on every group law in the game.
But also between the devout, industrialists, and trade unions it should be pretty hard to not have support for some kind of schooling.
Maybe I was in an odd situation, but everyone was indifferent save the clergy, who I could not make a part of a legitimate government.

The generic intelligentsia should support Private Schools and Public Schools over No Schools and Religious Schools (from being Anti-Clerical)

The generic trade unions should support Public Schools over the other types, which they support over No Schools (from being Proletarian)

The generic industrialists should support Private Schools over the other types, which they support over No Schools (from being Individualist)

The generic Devout support Religious Schools over No Schools, which they support over the other types.

This is true for the IG regardless of the character-specific ideology of the IG leader. Some countries have 'flavored IGs' replacing these, but there shouldn't be a tag out there in the world where everyone has no stance on it. Which country are you playing as?

• 1Like
Reactions:
The generic intelligentsia should support Private Schools and Public Schools over No Schools and Religious Schools (from being Anti-Clerical)

The generic trade unions should support Public Schools over the other types, which they support over No Schools (from being Proletarian)

The generic industrialists should support Private Schools over the other types, which they support over No Schools (from being Individualist)

The generic Devout support Religious Schools over No Schools, which they support over the other types.

This is true for the IG regardless of the character-specific ideology of the IG leader. Some countries have 'flavored IGs' replacing these, but there shouldn't be a tag out there in the world where everyone has no stance on it. Which country are you playing as?
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I'm playing as Great Qing, with rural folk and the intelligentsia in government, and no else with an education stance can form a legitimate government. The clerics bring an illegitimate government, and the industrialists and trade unions are marginalized.

The Great Qing intelligentsia are not anti-clerical, so I suppose the issue is more situation specific than I believed.

Reactions:
These are called Schools of Life.
The actual education process is done in the mines and workhouses.

Reactions:
Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I'm playing as Great Qing, with rural folk and the intelligentsia in government, and no else with an education stance can form a legitimate government. The clerics bring an illegitimate government, and the industrialists and trade unions are marginalized.

The Great Qing intelligentsia are not anti-clerical, so I suppose the issue is more situation specific than I believed.

Yeah as Qing you need to either get the industrialists in or if you struggle with that you can research corporatism to give the Confucian Scholars the corporatist ideology which will make them support religious schools.