Momma Needs Her Achievement: Gave Temple Barony to Hindu Holy Order, Can't Get It Back, So No India

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TurtleShroom

Censor
72 Badges
Dec 8, 2013
fanon.clubpenguinwiki.info
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
Good evening.

After a monumental game, I have, through a series of actions not caused by myself (such as my dynasty taking the thrones of empires), completely united India. I am ready to take my rightful throne as Samrat Chakravarti and finally come out of the closet and reveal myself as Bon after over two centuries of my family hiding and lying.

There's only one problem. I created the Hindu Holy Order and, out of kindness, gave it a singly Temple barony in my capital of Delhi.

Now, I can't take it back. I can't press a claim or use a De Jure Holding war, and there is no Decision to expel the Holy Order, even though I have one thousand Piety points. (In fact, none of the Events that usually happen with Holy Orders, like building castles or taking loans, work with the Hindu Holy Order.)

I can't give up on a game where I've succeeded this well. Momma needs her Achievement. Please, please help me as soon as you can. Please, help me take my Barony back.

Thank you.

Deus Vult,
-TURTLESHROOM

Generally if the holy order is landed and 2 tiers below your tier (as in you're an emperor and they're technically a duke) they will accept vassalization, which would allow you the achievement. Isn't that the case on your current game? If you just don't have the option, or the problem is just that they won't accept, you could try giving them the entire county, fabricating a claim, and declaring war on them.

Lastly, If that doesn't work you could always become Bon, conquer their holdings, and get back to hindu when possible to take the decision. The only issue here would be not imploding to hindu vassals in the process, which if you have a strong enough personal demesne shouldn't be a problem.

Although frankly I've never seen anyone have problems like these with Holy Orders, since only the Christians have more than one (which means you can't vassalize the extra ones) and they can expel then.

you won't have to expel them from your capital if you can make them your vassal. i've had success with vassalizing holy orders (as an emperor) by granting them a kingdom title.

Or look if there is a claimant to the Holy Order. Sometimes a former Grandmaster was married and his children get a claim to the Holy Order. Then, what you have to do is invite the claimant to your court, give him a title so that he will become your vassal, declare a Claim war for him for the Holy Order and BAM, you have vassalized the Order.

The holy order is not the vassal of someone already? Just wondering if it´s someone else you should press against, maybe someone who is your tributary..?
Othervize not beeing able to press a de-jure holding - war for it sounds strange...

I´m not playing alot with Dharma religions, are Hindu rulers stopped from attacking other Hindu rulers? In that case, changing to Bon right away will do the cake.