• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jannick said:
Hi, I only just read about your mod and after starting up I liked what I saw.
Unfortunatly, no matter what I do, I can't play a game.
I tried several things, closest I got was getting the "you have won" or "you have lost" thing directly after startup. Right now, the only scenario I can select is the 2003 one, and then this error shows:
MDS2_crash.JPG

Anyone? Sorry if I missed something.

edit: This is not played as USA, in case it matters.

I CAN HELP YOU!!!!

first download the preinstaller, the mod, and notimelimit patch. You must also have an update installed (1.1 or higher)

First use the preinstaller, it is done run the beta 1.0 setup and install it to modern day scenario 2 -folder and after that is finished use the no timelimit patch. Select hoi2.exe from modern day scenario 2. then you can play. :D :D :D

Jannick said:
Well, I took a quick look and it looks pretty good. Maybe I looked over it again, but do you still need more infos/pics?

of course we need.
( most important thing is the lack of leaders )

Great to hear this is back on track. I can't wait to get HoI 2. Might skip straight to Doomsday at this rate.

Tell me, is my Australian scenario description still floating around somewhere? It would be pretty out of date now depending on what timeline you're looking at, but it might still be useful.

Jannick said:
Well, I took a quick look and it looks pretty good. Maybe I looked over it again, but do you still need more infos/pics?

NICE!! I'm working to get some french Italian and Turkish leaders, just that we don't collect the same data. :D

And to SAMU I'd suggest that you make finnish team Patria to skill level 7 and Nokia to 9, patria produced this new patria 9x9 AFV which was was selected by poland to replace all their old AFVs, And NOkia , c'mon best phones in the world... :p

Will it be possible, that when the next version of MDS is released, to make armour divisions considerably cheaper than they are now. It uses up far more IC to build a single armoured division than it does an Aircraft Carrier :wacko:

ddiplock said:
Will it be possible, that when the next version of MDS is released, to make armour divisions considerably cheaper than they are now. It uses up far more IC to build a single armoured division than it does an Aircraft Carrier :wacko:

That's probably about right. An armoured division is a couple of hundred tanks, about the same of AFVs and full engineer and artillery support. Plus organic air support and extra artillery/comms/etc depending on national preference. Thats several dozen factories, while a Carrier needs just one naval yard. The difference is the naval yard takes years while the factories take months.

Some minister and slider suggestions

We should shorten the name of the Russian and Belarusian ministers. I do not think the middle name is necessary, and adds too much clutter to the minister screen.

El Pip also noted the British minister problem. Gordon Brown and David Blunkett have switched personalities.

The next suggestions are a bit more subjective:
Canada's left-right slider should be set to 6. I know, I set the slider at 9, but I misunderstood the Canadian Liberal Party, which is a rather centrist party.

China's openness and democracy sliders should be set to 1 for both. China is rated 7/7 at Freedom House, making it one of the least free countries on earth. The democracy slider MAY be justified at 2, because there are village elections that are competitive. The left-right slider should be moved to make China still be leninist, so it should be set at 7 or 8.

While Belarus is a dictatorship, I would take back my earlier left-right slider setting of 10. It is not communist like North Korea, though it has left-wing populist elements. The new slider setting should be 7.

There is the issue of Germany having full openness. We decided on giving nearly every country one knock towards closed society because of Germany's anti-nazi laws, if you can remember that discussion. Either Germany should be given an openness of 9, or all countries with openness ratings of 9 should be pushed up to 10. I think the latter is the more sensible solution, given that giving a blanket closed society knock on the basis of nitpicking a few laws is a bit extreme. If we choose to keep a -1 openness modifier for all countries, I would say that I deliberately set Netherlands with a max openness because of its very liberal personal behavior laws.

Yeah, and make some changes to the icons. I think every different unit type should have only one icon (It's hard to spot the fighters and MR Fs. level III fighter icon is nice) And do something for the marine icon!!! It is so (with no offence) horrible that I disbanded by only marine division just because that wouldn't have to look at it anymore. :(

kenneththegreat said:
*AHEM*

Paradox Naval Fanatic wishes to make entry.

The missile-rain down problem ain't a problem. One AEGIS cruiser carries enough missiles to intercept more SSM's and ASM's than most nations have.

Naval Fanatic :rofl: :rofl: (good one :D )

But:

AEGIS Cruisers - without Doubt one of the best naval Units in the World - naver faced a real threat and only acted as an attacking Unit!

I know, that the used SAM-Systems like RIM-Series or SAMIII/IV are really good ones. But i am sure, that EVERY Carrier-Task-Force would collapse under heavy Attacks with 3M80's (SS-N-25), Shipwrecks and other "Nimitz-Class-Cutting-Devices" :D :D

The Concept of supersonic missiles with heavy course corrections in the inital flight phase leaves only (in the Case of a 3M80) about 10-15 Seconds Reaction Time!

That is definitivly not enough to react on a heavy Attack and to prevent one of 10 Missiles to hit (although i think, that at least 3 of 10 would hit their target). Exocet showed us, what can happend ... and there were only a few of them launched.

But that's all speculation. No Aegis Cruiser was ever confronted with any heavy Missile-Attack. Nevertheless i am sure, that Carriers are just a local Power-Factor for suppressing small countrys like Iraq and no match for a major Power anymore!

samu said:
But Don't forget Phalanx is guarding the US ships. the GAU-8 can stop everything

But even the GAU-8 (a great Gun :D ) can't make 60° Circles, lock on Target's, Fire (Hit?), designate a new one and do all this again 15 times in 10-15 Seconds.

The Keyword in "heavy Missile-Rain-Down" is heavy :rofl:

to SAMU:

Do I have to give you a short biography why I gave some general skill 4 and panzer leader trait, or do you trust my judgements? (ps. I already have 34 French and Italian generals, I guess I might get some 60 out of FRA ITA and TUR. Also there are some already in game existing generals, but their data might be false or they don't have a picture. All my Generals have a picture. an example FRA general Py, in game he's skill2, In real-life he's one on the most distibgushed generals in the french army, and they have some really gOOd generals, due to their operations in Ivory Coast, bosnia etc.

Hi, i liked the look of your mod and tried it as Germany. I am at war w/ Denmark and Austria. I just wanted to know 2 things:

1. whiy is it so slow?

2. when does a real big war start?

Yoy21 said:
Hi, i liked the look of your mod and tried it as Germany. I am at war w/ Denmark and Austria. I just wanted to know 2 things:

1. whiy is it so slow?

2. when does a real big war start?
Creating new battlefields for Franz Koch? ;)

1) Use patch 1.2, it drastically reduces lag.

2.) Don't rely on events. They may lead to war or not, very dependent on AI decisions. Make your own war!