• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Air and ground pollution do not affect land value??????? What fantasy world is this?

I agreed with you too soon before I saw it was not an original quote.
They do:

No they don't. Land value is now only affected by services, commercial availability and public transport. Pollution only lowers the land value SHOWN in the info view, not the actual value relevant to simulation. So does telecom and shoreline.

How do you know this?

From decompiling the game file.
If that is true, then we are having a real problem here as the development studio clearly stated that pollution WOULD affect the land value.

Now, to me it seems to be common sense that the displayed value would be retrieved from the "real" value. Having two different ways for feeding the display seems unlogical to me. Given that line of thought it wouldn't even be a new bug, but intention.
And it would mean that the devs are trying to cover something. In addition, they would have given a false statement as well.

I have to admit, although certainly being a critic of CO, I have problems with believing that. Do you have any way to prove your statement? Or are there others who can confirm it?

• 4Like
Reactions:
Do you have any way to prove your statement? Or are there others who can confirm it?
You can do the following experiment: turn on developer info in developer mode - Gameplay, click any building, the LV: xxx under Land Value is the real land value of that building. Now you can make any pollution as you like and observe if this value changes.

Also the Land Value Debug System under Gizmos has two values under it, the Cell value is the one the game shows us, while the Edge value is the one that affects simulation. You can then observe which one is affected by pollution or telecom.

Reactions:
Now, to me it seems to be common sense that the displayed value would be retrieved from the "real" value. Having two different ways for feeding the display seems unlogical to me. Given that line of thought it wouldn't even be a new bug, but intention.
The displayed value would necessarily be different from the real value, because land value is defined on edges or road segments, but the info view needs a dataset that covers the whole map regardless of edges. Hence we have the land value in cells for display, that does result from an average of the edges inside a cell, but curiously also has other factors that don't affect the value on edges.

Reactions:
it's not a Beach Update, it's an Asset Pack. not a Beach DLC o Tropical DLC. I'd like to have a more detailed and full of prop and buildings with tropical map either, but it 's only assets.
Although it is true that it was a mere asset pack, it was by title and advertisement targeted at something which isn't in the game at all - beaches.
And not only that, even if beaches would be in the game somehow, then the assets still wouldn't fit as almost nobody feels they are typical beach assets.
The same stands true for the infamous four palms.

The whole package gives one the impression that they were bound to the title of the pack, but didn't have any content to fill it. So, it seems they finally smashed anything they had available into it.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Although it is true that it was a mere asset pack, it was by title and advertisement targeted at something which isn't in the game at all - beaches.
And not only that, even if beaches would be in the game somehow, then the assets still wouldn't fit as almost nobody feels they are typical beach assets.
The same stands true for the infamous four palms.

The whole package gives one the impression that they were bound to the title of the pack, but didn't have any content to fill it. So, it seems they finally smashed anything they had available into it.
I agree with you and that's why in my opinion it would have been a better decision to do a Beaches and Sun DLC with props, textures and all Miami and California commercial buldings.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I agree with you and that's why in my opinion it would have been a better decision to do a Beaches and Sun DLC with props, textures and all Miami and California commercial buldings.
Adding a sand texture in the free patch (which BTW should have been in the base game at release, like in any other city building out there since last century) plus the palms (new trees for CS1 were always incuded in the free patch) THEN and only then selling the DLC would have helped a lot. Of course, the beach houses assets looking like beach houses instead of suburban houses would have helped even more. And selling this sloppy asset pack much less than 10 € was mandatory.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Wasnt it so, that you release the patch on the beginning of the week, so that if any major bugs occur you can solve it quickly?

Or what do you consider the AA bug? AA off and everything flickers, TAA on and every transparent overlay is invisible.

Or do you just ignore the bug reports alltogether now? (seems like it)

• 4Like
Reactions:
As I had suggested in other threads: I had not played this game since 11 Feb, but would wait a while for this patch to come out and some mods.

I loaded the game and some music mods (which I had before from discord).

I noted that the game performance was somewhat better.
I added a "beach property" zone. Just a few ordinary looking houses appeared. I don't think this adds much to the game. In CSI: modders did better in free building packs.
Even though I had pre-paid fo it, I'm sad that they would charge others for this very small asset pack.

The "free money" issue is not fixed.
I still have 2 billion in cash, with residental tax at -10% and most services at 150% funding.
The "high rent" bug is unchanged. I have level 5 small houses with weathy residents, still complaining about high rent, even at -10% tax.
The same odd message about increasing housing density appears (so again, I cannot build beverly hills or similar high land value, single family executive homes.)

I didn't check deeply for all other bugs, but get the impression that maybe 1 in 5 of my reasons not to enjoy this is fixed. I exited the game, and will look forward to more fixes in the summer.

• 4Like
Reactions:
How to force road cars to carry out repairs? Before the patch, the road immediately after passing through became green...
vlcsnap-2024-03-31-11h32m07s294.png

I am soo relieved the crash-to-desktop bug has been fixed. I wish it didn't take as long but I'm glad I finally get to play this game.

Since the crashes started for me early on, I haven't really had enough time with it to encounter the other problems people are complaining about- but it looks like a lot of things got addressed finally. Maybe CS2 is salvageable... people are still justifiably pissed off right now, though maybe CO can reverse the course over time.

However, they need to patch the serious issues ASAP instead of holding off to do them all at once. I don't know if the plan was to trigger some kind of sudden PR face turn by building us up for this big epic update but that's not the right thing to do in this situation. I wish the devs would just get hotfixes out the door as soon as they work. Content and feature updates can wait until later.

So the pace has been unacceptably slow so far but at least we're getting something? I was starting to think CO gave up, but now I have hope they might stick to their guns and dig themselves out of this hole.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am soo relieved the crash-to-desktop bug has been fixed. I wish it didn't take as long but I'm glad I finally get to play this game.

Since the crashes started for me early on, I haven't really had enough time with it to encounter the other problems people are complaining about- but it looks like a lot of things got addressed finally. Maybe CS2 is salvageable... people are still justifiably pissed off right now, though maybe CO can reverse the course over time.

However, they need to patch the serious issues ASAP instead of holding off to do them all at once. I don't know if the plan was to trigger some kind of sudden PR face turn by building us up for this big epic update but that's not the right thing to do in this situation. I wish the devs would just get hotfixes out the door as soon as they work. Content and feature updates can wait until later.

So the pace has been unacceptably slow so far but at least we're getting something? I was starting to think CO gave up, but now I have hope they might stick to their guns and dig themselves out of this hole.
I think it's because the most serious issues might not be quick fixes, or that every fix they try ends up breaking something else.

Reactions:
Oh man, so I've been playing a little bit more since this patch and I have to admit that the game is a tad smoother, even though it has new issues. My favorite feature introduction with this patch has to be the "You need to load the game multiple times in order to even start playing" feature. I love that you can't just click "Play" and jump right in, but instead you're forced to go through the update process and make sure your mods are all current, like any good computer user should do. Using out-of-date software is so unsafe!

Thankfully, Paradox Mods ensures that not only do I have the most up-to-date mods, but thankfully, it even enforces double-checking your work. So not only do I get the latest updates, the game also double-checks to make sure it didn't miss anything.

I feel truly empowered to make good decisions in my life now that wasting hours of my day playing a video game is kept in check by the verification process of ensuring that not only is the game up to date, but by forcing at a minimum 2 complete reloads, you get the satisfaction of knowing that you're not playing just to kill some time, but that you're playing because you are *committed* to playing.

Those of lesser character would turn away at being forced to reload but thankfully, CO has encouraged us to develop the fortitude to ensure we're thinking things through instead of just engaging on a whim.

• 5Haha
Reactions: