• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CaoJay

First Lieutenant
63 Badges
May 17, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost, From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.

gleSl9g.jpg

The Middle Earth project is in my opinion one of the best mods to ever be created for Crusader Kings 2 and as such my team and I are carrying on the Flame of Anor for the original creators of the mod. A huge thanks going out to Redit, Lonhaldar and the original team for creating this epic mod.

Download Link
Please check Moddb and Steam for the most recent releases.

Submods

The Team
Sinstar, TSF4,

Contributors
WIP

Joining The Team

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Now I just have to start my Kingdoms of the Dunedain sub-mod from scratch.

And continue working on Fourth Age bookmark (set a couple centuries after the current one).

Let me know what you come up with for the fourth age. May just add it to the mod :p

Let me know what you come up with for the fourth age. May just add it to the mod :p
Sub-mods are fine.

I'm reworking some of the traits and how some of the buildings work as well.

Mostly so that there's a chance for a woman to pass on an "Heir of X" trait. Since Anarion and Isildur themselves have claims over the Dunedain from their ancestress Princess Silmariën.

do you have link for yur ubmod you have a really nice eriador set-up
I had one in my old dropbox, I think?

But yeah, I really do. And I had custom kingdoms.:D

It's too bad I couldn't work out how to make the decision to form Adunabar have the graphic icon it was supposed to have.:)

Also, custom buildings.

Oh, I may be splitting Tharbad into two settlements if I can. North and South Tharbad.:) An East and West Osgiliath sort of situation.

Maybe you should work with the main team, I am sure they will be interested by your talent and works. Adunabar is from rome total war lol.

Your de jure kingdoms in eriador is what i recommand for the main mod because it seems more blanced than a big cardolan or arthedain. Tharbad, I am not sure if the should be splitted in two. I think not by feeling. Enewaith very wild region. I imagine a big fortified bridge.

Maybe you should work with the main team, I am sure they will be interested by your talent and works. Adunabar is from rome total war lol.

Your de jure kingdoms in eriador is what i recommand for the main mod because it seems more blanced than a big cardolan or arthedain. Tharbad, I am not sure if the should be splitted in two. I think not by feeling. Enewaith very wild region. I imagine a big fortified bridge.

Arthedain and Cardolan being large kingdoms is canon though.

Dev diary 1 Bloodlines
((I wrote this up in the old Middle Earth topic but decided to post it here for the sake of it. I also stink at writing these so please forgive me if I make your eyes bleed lol)

Howdy defenders of Middle Earth. I'm CaoJay (Cjay if you like) and the team and I are responsible for the revival of this wonderful mod. While it is true that the mod is in a mostly stable state we are well aware that several bugs have managed to slip by us. Still it should be playable so I really hope everyone enjoys it. For the last year or so this mod has undergone several revival attempts and fizzled out overtime. We the new Middle Earth team have no intention of walking away from this mod. We will continue to fix any bugs we come across and more importantly we shall be adding more content to the mod. Which brings me to the title of this Threadmarker, Bloodlines.

F5vk5gV.jpg

Much like the other popular mods I can see the appeal of continuing on a well known dynasty with a character of your own creation. Heck it's a wonderful feature so I figured why not add it to the Middle Earth mod. As you can see in this image I've added a dozen or so famous bloodlines you can claim. But you maybe asking "Is that it?" Well no :p But let's not get carried away.

iviUQ4G.jpg

At the create a character screen you can select the bloodline you which to have (In this case I've chosen the Blood of Aldarion the kings of Rhudaur) Once you select the trait (Or if you are playing as one of our canon characters and he/she meets certain conditions to claim decadence from one of these Dynasties) head on over to our new Show Dynasty Decisions and claim your bloodline.

wMtMjpL.jpg

kpoFVIs.png

Oh look the line of the Rhudaur kings have returned and as it happens they have a rather strong claim on the lands of Rhudaur...

StLyOux.jpg

Each Dynasty/bloodline shall get a special CB which shall allow them to re-claim their family lands. In the house of Feanors case they can claim the lands of Eregion. The house of Fingolfin may claim Lindon and well as you can see the house of Hathorionath can claim the lands of Rhudaur.

b1VRBk2.jpg

I have about 30 of these bloodlines created and am just finishing them up before I move onto adding more artifacts and other wonderful content that I will speak more about in a future Dev diary. Till then....
giphy.gif