• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love this mod with its fantastic tech tree that allows for so many different approaches.
But in my second campaign I've come to a point where I can't continue playing: the first CTD happened in mid-April '43. I reloaded the save game from April 1, but the game crashed again a little later in April. I repeated several times and now the CTD always happens May 4, 10:00 am.
I just was about to be ready for the big naval clash with the USA as Germany and would really be glad if there was a way I could go on with the game. Any ideas?
The only strange thing I realized, btw, was that one of my my newly produced CL-FC had a firing range of 33, while it should have 27 or so. But could that have caused the problem?

chowbeng said:
The lack of coal might be related to the coal being converted to oil. If you are converting energy to oil, trading for more (alot more) oil would lessen the problem.

not sure..........i am playign as italy and my oil stock pile is over 100k with my energy somewhere between about 30k and 50k (depending on my trading - lump supplies for energy) so i am not converting any. i have no idea what germany is doing, but they have a negative of about 50 and they haven't invaded russia yet.

lordgoof's post made me realise something:

Not only is there far too little coal in the world. There seems to be to much oil, as there is hardly any problems getting alot of it.

I suspect this has something to do with the fact that the AI builds fewer divisions and other units than vanilla hoi2/arma.

Last edited:
I play as Germany and let the AI control my trades. I end up with a daily surplus in every thing. May surplus oil in my last game hit 80 units per day while my coal/energy was over 100. Now If I try and control my trades I all ways have problems and never can get surplus in every thing.

russ555 said:
why does it take Germany about 700 days to build a BB, UK 1300 days and Italy a massive 2000 days? that seems a bit unfair.
Also what is needed to be able to produce MP brigades?
i guess the MP brigades were replaced by INF brigades. pity, i miss them too

telesien said:

Pity indeed. The infantry brigade is very nice IMO but MP should be still in the game. I'd rather lose either artillery brigade for example or some other brigade than MP.

telesien said:
Whoa whoa whoa! No police brigades? How are we supposed to handle dissent? That's pretty unexpected, to rid us of a standard tactic. And I was looking forward to cranking this mod up when I get back to my primary computer too. :(
How well does the INF brigade go with garrison units? Does it still up the dissent reduction, or is it primarily a combat add?

Monarch1st said:
is it primarily a combat add?

i hope so cos ive put them on ALL my inf divisions lol.
to compensate for the lack of MP brigades ive added an extra 0 to the suppression values of all garrison divisions which is kinda unfair but at the time i just wanted to play the game and it seemed like the quickest and easiest way.

so does anyone know anything about why the time taken to build battleships varies so much?

russ555 said:
i hope so cos ive put them on ALL my inf divisions lol.
to compensate for the lack of MP brigades ive added an extra 0 to the suppression values of all garrison divisions which is kinda unfair but at the time i just wanted to play the game and it seemed like the quickest and easiest way.

so does anyone know anything about why the time taken to build battleships varies so much?

It might be the techs. Some of the techs increase build time along with the benefits they give. Some are the type that improve CV's. The German naval events also shorten the build times for Germany.

If you notice the Garrison units have a suppression rating about equal to a MP brigaded garrison division from the standard game.

Rely nice mod! Congratulation.

- I LOVE the tech tree and the removal of the historical dates.
- Impressive work on the events. It gives a lot to the play and the feel.

A couple of thoughts:

- The partisan activity seems too high IMO.

- There seems to be something seriously wrong with the alliance system. In my first game I allied with Hungary in the end of Check event. Later Hungary attacked Italy and dragged me into a war with them. Later they did the same with Romania.
In my second game I created Slovakia to stay out of alliances. Well, Two days before I was going to DOW Yugoslavia, Slovakia allied with Yugo.

What is up with this? I thought HOI was free of this bug a looong time ago? That juniormembers of an alliance can behave like RL Italy is no fun. Anyone else seen this kind of behavior?

And I think it's time this mod got it's own subforum. Its almost hopeless to find relevant info in such a long thread.

Monarch1st said:
Whoa whoa whoa! No police brigades? How are we supposed to handle dissent? That's pretty unexpected, to rid us of a standard tactic. And I was looking forward to cranking this mod up when I get back to my primary computer too. :(
Don't hesitate on that account; the MP brigade was merged into the garrison division, which means you still get the same anti-partisan value. Plus the coolness of a new brigade type.

WarDog said:
A couple of thoughts:

- The partisan activity seems too high IMO.

someone else made that comment. but i use a checkerboard method that seems to keep partisan activity low. except for an island that i took that has no value to me that i can't be bothered taking back (i am playing as italy and its one of the greek islands)

WarDog said:
- There seems to be something seriously wrong with the alliance system. In my first game I allied with Hungary in the end of Check event. Later Hungary attacked Italy and dragged me into a war with them. Later they did the same with Romania.
In my second game I created Slovakia to stay out of alliances. Well, Two days before I was going to DOW Yugoslavia, Slovakia allied with Yugo.

i have played one game as germany up to 1940 and no problems there. i have played numerous games as italy and it all seems to be fine.

WarDog said:
And I think it's time this mod got it's own subforum. Its almost hopeless to find relevant info in such a long thread.

yep, i agree.

I have a question of all the pre-requists for some units. I am pretty sure I have all the pre-required stuff reserched for the next level, yet it remains locked.

Is there something I am missing, or can you release some sort of spreadsheet with all the pre-requistes for a tech.

russ555 said:
No, I don't.

I haven't seen anything of the sort in my games with several nations, except for the expected differences arising from tech and domestic sliders (true for vanilla as well).

Would you take a couple of screenshots where you think these differences certainly don't account for the difference, and post them?

I am sure this has been asked but I honestly dont have time to find it. What is the best way to install this. Meaning I dont want to lose other modded games from my CSA mod and I dont want to lose games from my vanilla version. Is there a way once I install this mod that I can uninstall it and still have all saved games for vanilla, csa, and mod 34 mods?

Thanks