• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Change of plans

I don't know if I can do the adaption to AoD (personal reasons)

I need some months to other things, and I don't know if I can do the adaption (and I have important changes for this new hoi2)

Sorry, for the moment the mod34 only works for hoi2 :(

Change of plans

I need some months to other things, and I don't know if I can do the adaption (and I have important changes for this new hoi2)

Turn that frown upside down! YAY :)
Converting a mod this complex to another game will be hard work indeed.

Saves not loading.

Hi all,

I figured the above out, let`s say install instructions are not the most straightforward, directly misleading actually.

But not being able to load saves is much worse. Any ideas on this?
Someone had such problem before and solved it?

Need help here, really...

Regards, Oldtimer

Hi,

don`t bother with the my 2 above posts, not that it seems anybody does.

The problem is present with vanilla install already, the mod is not the culprit.

Oldtimer

Hi

I recommend install the hoi2 in other directory, like c:\games\hoi2, and install the mod34 in this path, because the arma installer have a problem with the path.

Put manually the path.

The mod34 is 100% compatible with the original hoi2, the doomsday version and the last armageddon version

THX quintelosky,

well, even if I fresh install HoI2 ver 1.3b ONLY in default location, no DD, no ARMA, no mods, I can`t launch savegames.

I also tried a HoI2 ver 1.3b ONLY install in another location, the problem persists.

So this problem is a dodgy one indeed.

Regards, Oldtimer

THX quintelosky,

well, even if I fresh install HoI2 ver 1.3b ONLY in default location, no DD, no ARMA, no mods, I can`t launch savegames.

I also tried a HoI2 ver 1.3b ONLY install in another location, the problem persists.

So this problem is a dodgy one indeed.

Regards, Oldtimer

What operating system are you using?

You could have these kind of problems if you are using Windows Vista or 7 and you should never install any older games under the "C:\Program Files\" path. Use some other folder like "C:\Games\...". Those newer operating systems don't allow the older programs to modify the files installed under the "C:\Program Files\" path.

Hi Julle64,

I`m on XP Home SP3, unfortunately.

One strange observation, I use Revo Uninstaller for deleting programs.
Although there is no HoI2 folder visible after uninstall, when applying patches after reinstalling base game I get a message that I already have ver 1.3 installed and patch installer will abort.
It doesn`t and installs patch correctly AFAIU.

Very strange and annoying I must say...

Regards, Oldtimer

Hi Julle64,

I`m on XP Home SP3, unfortunately.

One strange observation, I use Revo Uninstaller for deleting programs.
Although there is no HoI2 folder visible after uninstall, when applying patches after reinstalling base game I get a message that I already have ver 1.3 installed and patch installer will abort.
It doesn`t and installs patch correctly AFAIU.

Very strange and annoying I must say...

Regards, Oldtimer

I used to have some problems also with XP. Sometimes after I uninstalled the game the wrong way (deleting only the game folder) it was still left in the registry and I couldn't reinstall the game correctly. Here is an old link to instructions how to repair it:

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181594

You can find more hints by googling "uninstall hoi2".

Hi Julle 64,

thx for your efforts to help me. I tried uninstalling as per your advice, no luck.

Paradox support are looking into this most annoying issue now.

Regards, Oldtimer

Change of plans
We're all very dissapointed, but understand about real life interfering with important stuff like this!
Take some time. We understand how big the project would be. Maybe you'll feel like taking it on in a few months.
Or if not, well, many many thanks for the work on the last one, and I just might jump back to hoi2 on occasion just for the mod (and maybe you'd consider passing it on to someone who could take it on? no, I'm not talking about me. I know very little about modding, nor do I have time.)

Chemical Ind. is a killer...

Hi all,

playing as Sweden I researched Chemical Ind. and automatically, AFAIU, energy conversion started. I have not enabled energy conversion earlier when asked.

My energy reserves are melting away now at a frightening rate. This tech is necessary for Special Materials among others but I would suggest a general change where the player can decide if a known tech is to be used. Something like "sleeping" spies.

Maybe I`m doing something wrong, but as of now my game is unplayable unless I can turn this off.

Any opinions?

Regards, Oldtimer

There should be events every so often that let you toggle energy conversion.