• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's *technically* Mod34. :D
Mod33 is a French (being translated into English) mod that lets you start Jan 1, 1933. This means that you can choose multiple outcomes for Hitler...whereas here we start the day after he became Chancellor.

Specifically the error reads "Run-time error '70'" and "Permission denied" on the second line. As soon as I get the run time error, the program crashes.

When I try to patch the hoi2.exe file, I get an error saying "Version Incompatible". This is a fresh install of HOI DD and I did not update to any particular version, do I need to patch it before installing mod 34?
Any ideas?

First off you need to update the HOI version.. And do you have vista, if so try disabling the UAC controle..

Macintosh

I understand. I have tried running the mod starting with 1936. Everything loads fine until it gets to the end of the first day. It freezes when it tries to advance to the beginning of January 2nd and crashes.

Any ideas?

fff

hi, I started my game as germany in 1933 campaign..in first years of the game I industrialised my country as all other AI countries did..but Italian AI was really strange..In six years period Italy so heavily industrialised that by 1939 it had 119 base IC and 203 total IC which I found huge number for a country like Italy..while Italy had 119 IC france had just 80 base IC and Britain had 124 base IC(total IC much lower than 203)...Therefore, Italy become a great power at least in economical terms..

there is another thing again related to IC situations...in 1933 scenario, France and Britain start the game with 15 and 29 IC respectively..and for a long time their IC situations don't improve significantly..I think that due to 1929 crash's effects, they have abnormal IC levels in early 1930s...but if this is the case, why other free market countries such as Holland and Belgium don't have such hits in their economies..based on relative base ICs, they have much higher total IC levels than that of France and Britain..even for some period in game,total IC levels of France and Holland were almost equal..

Why wont this mod get it's own subforum? Browsing through 105 pages of posts is not fun...

Is it just me, or does the Human player not get as many random events (New Iron Mine, Private Companies Invent a New Product, etc) as the AI?

Is it just me, or does the Human player not get as many random events (New Iron Mine, Private Companies Invent a New Product, etc) as the AI?
You get them too, they're just public now so it shows the AI getting them.

Hi:)

My problem is the game crashes about September 1944. I've played 33 scenario and all worked for me wonerful. But when date 12 September come is the end of my game. Maybe the reason is event from japanese AI, but i dont know how to check this out. Maybe somoene from modders could help me, when i will send my save?;)

Hi everybody :)

jtfris : you have a problem with vista, you need deactivate the protection

fortunesfavorit : Have you problems with the 34 scenario? And remember to install mod34 over a clean hoi2 game (with the last patch)

makif130289 : ok, I will review that

GuiscardPL : you can send your save to quinteloskyhost [at] gmail.com

Thanks

Out of curiousity, but has the UK been rebalanced in terms of how many divisions they have around August/September 1940?

I don't want to lose my savegames from a .6x version just to find the UK still has 60+ divisions on the island still in .70 when I attempt Sea Lion.

fortunesfavorit : Have you problems with the 34 scenario? And remember to install mod34 over a clean hoi2 game (with the last patch)
He's on MacOS; no NTL patch for MacOS AFAIK.

Stalin is missing

Hi everybody :)

A new 0.70 is finished with a lot of changes

http://www.quintelosky.com/descargas/mod34_v070.zip

Good luck, and I hope that you like this new version

I do like this version. But it looks like Molotov has accidentally replaced Stalin in the 1934 Scenario file (scenarios\1934\sov_34.inc file).

Code:
headofstate = { type = 9 id = 4001 }
	[COLOR="Red"][B]headofgovernment = { type = 9 id = 4072 }[/B][/COLOR]
 	foreignminister = { type = 9 id = 4003 }
 	armamentminister = { type = 9 id = 4004 }
 	ministerofsecurity = { type = 9 id = 4005 }
 	ministerofintelligence = { type = 9 id = 4006 }
 	chiefofstaff = { type = 9 id = 4007 }
 	chiefofarmy = { type = 9 id = 4008 }
 	chiefofnavy = { type = 9 id = 4009 }        
 	chiefofair = { type = 9 id = 4010 }

Minister 4072 is Molotov; should be Stalin, 4002.
Can anyone verify this - or do I have a bad install?

Just load up the 34 scenario as any nation and check SOV ministers through the the diplomacy tab.

Macintosh

Yes, the problem with the 34 scenario is that it will not run at all. The scenario loads fine but, when I try to start the game it crashes.

With the 36 scenario, the game starts, runs to the end of the first day and, then freezes and crashes when it attempts to rollover to the beginning of January 1.

Is there any way around the "no time limit" problem? What does it modify and can it be done manually?

Thanks - Have a happy new year!

fff

Yeah, Molotov is HoG for me too. Not my problem - he gives +5% IC. :)

With the 36 scenario, the game starts, runs to the end of the first day and, then freezes and crashes when it attempts to rollover to the beginning of January 1.
Are you running the latest version 0.7 ?
Have you tried the 1938 scenario?
1936 scenario is a little odd in the mod because it's actually a savegame rather than a true scenario. It's possible that savegames are not compatible between Windows and MacOS versions of the game.
Is there any way around the "no time limit" problem? What does it modify and can it be done manually?
The problem is that the actual binary executable file must be modified, not just a text file. It should be possible to do it manually but you'd have to find the locations to mod yourself, probably by searching for the bytes equivalent to '1936' in the file. You need to use a 'hex editor' for this. There will probably be some trial-and-error involved since there may be more than one or two places with that value.

Last edited:
Macintosh

I am running 0.7. I tried the 38 scenario and get the same result. It runs to the end of the first day and then when it tries to roll over from March 1, 1938 to March 2nd 1938, it freezes and crashes.

Thanks.

fff

I am running 0.7. I tried the 38 scenario and get the same result. It runs to the end of the first day and then when it tries to roll over from March 1, 1938 to March 2nd 1938, it freezes and crashes.

Thanks.

fff

I don't know. Do you install correctly the mod34 (with the mod34 installer for mac) ? Remember select if is a DoomsDay or Armageddon version in the installer

I don't have Mac to prove

I do like this version. But it looks like Molotov has accidentally replaced Stalin in the 1934 Scenario file (scenarios\1934\sov_34.inc file).

Code:
headofstate = { type = 9 id = 4001 }
	[COLOR="Red"][B]headofgovernment = { type = 9 id = 4072 }[/B][/COLOR]
 	foreignminister = { type = 9 id = 4003 }
 	armamentminister = { type = 9 id = 4004 }
 	ministerofsecurity = { type = 9 id = 4005 }
 	ministerofintelligence = { type = 9 id = 4006 }
 	chiefofstaff = { type = 9 id = 4007 }
 	chiefofarmy = { type = 9 id = 4008 }
 	chiefofnavy = { type = 9 id = 4009 }        
 	chiefofair = { type = 9 id = 4010 }

Minister 4072 is Molotov; should be Stalin, 4002.
Can anyone verify this - or do I have a bad install?

Just load up the 34 scenario as any nation and check SOV ministers through the the diplomacy tab.

This isn't an accident. Molotov was the official HoG of the Soviet Union until 1941.