• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Castellon

★Paradox Forum Manager★
Administrator
Paradox Staff
110 Badges
Mar 12, 2002
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Paradox Order
This is the refund thread to rule them all.

This is the only thread to discuss anything related to Refunds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys really, this is not worth getting personal about.
Let the personal stuff drop and only post on topic.
Thank-you

I just got my refund from Steam. Strangely enough, was in the form of cash refund, through Paypal - the payment form used - and not in steam credit. Well, no big deal. It's done anyway.

Steam credit was only ever mentioned in someone's email, it wasn't official policy, I guess they were able to work out something. Good anyway :)

I should preface ths by saying I do not have anything to do with giving refunds, but I have to say you have a whole lot of "facts" wrong there.
Most people that have requested refunds have recieved them already, these need to go through the store you bought them from obviously.
It would be great if it was the case but Paradox does not control steam or their policies
I am not aware of ANYONE that has been turned down for a refund.
You yourself have already recieved a credit from steam.

You need to log in to see that link so it is not available to me, I can only go by what I see on this official site, and so far the only one saying they want a refund and have not received it is the post immediately above me.
Most retailers do not allow for refunds of any kind, Paradox is working with them to arrange it in this case, Some retailers will take longer than other, as stated I have nothing to do with that aspect, DeciusStrabo, my suggestion would be to contact Paradox support again and get an update on your particular situation.

What do you mean "only" the poster above you? I requested a refund back at launch day and I am still waiting to get it... Several other posters in this thread have indicated the same thing and are still waiting. Are you intoxicated? I honestly wonder if you know what you are talking about or should have posted?

Just because someone posted earlier that they did not receive a refund does not mean they STILL have not received it.
Most people have received a refund, as evidenced by posts in this thread, if you have not, please do as I suggested and contact support for an update to find out why yours was missed.
pretty simple, and no reason to start denigrating me for trying to be helpful.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/180192828733313/188591387893457/?notif_t=group_activity
Now you have :D I've also seen some on other non paradox/kerberos forums too either the exact same problem or because they have already used up their one tme goodwill gesture.

And I swear to goodness that I was about to write the exact same thing as SOF12.

The link states they contacted Steam for a refund and were turned down because they were logged as playing for over 16 hours. Should be obvious, but Castellon or indeed anyone here is not going to know about what happens to people who contact Steam and not us.

I have confirmed that we have sent in all requests to the retailers for people that we had info for.
If you have not received your refund your retailer could still be processing it.

I still didn't receive my refund. The last message was "We are working on it" since then silence again.
Oh well...

Was that from your retailer, because we have sent all requests to them.

You've been active on this forum and even in this thread, so why would you wait until the 28th and then apply to the wrong place? It's been posted all over this forum that for a refund you apply to paradox support. The process was you contact support, they take your details and send it to your vendor who refund you. At no point would you have been refered to Kerberos or Steam.

I wasnt even aware there was a official offer for a refund as its no sticky thread. And i guess i am not the only one. One can probably "advertise" a refund offer better than its been done. Completes my image...

There is in fact a sticky thread that talks about refunds and it links to this very thread.
And if there was not a refund offer why would the official site have a refund meta thread, and that thread created by a Paradox employee?

Ther is no sticky thread talking about the official existance of refunds and how to do it. If so, proove me wrong

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?569611-NEW-POLICY-Complaints-and-Refunds
Unless you think we'd have a meta thread to discuss the fact there are no refunds? You can refuse to read it if you like, although if that is your policy it explains why you missed it.

There's also:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...1-Putting-Things-Right...-from-kerberos-forum
"If you demand a refund then I completely understand and you can be assured, the cost of that will make it directly to us. "

So out of all the refund requests received, looks like mistakes were made on only a very few, not bad considering all they had to do to get retailer who have policies against refunds to give out refunds.
I get that it is bad if you are one of the few that had a problem, but I also don't think you can say it is some big conspiracy on our part to not do what we say, after all the vast majority have already received their refund, why would we purposely hold up a couple of them. Get with support they will eventually sort you out, and for any delay you experienced I apologize.

Read INSIDE the thread and quote me where PI offers a refund and how it is done. Can you?

Clicking the link is hard?
I understand that you are upset, but the game will be updated frequently by Kerberos!
They are a small, dedicated development team that truly love their game and will support it for as long as it takes.

Our goal is that the game will be very improved shortly,
so we hope that you will stay with us!

But if you feel that you don´t want to wait for the updates, we do understand.
So you can absolutely e-mail our support if you want compensation or refunds at support (@) paradoxplaza . com
Even though we of course hope that you give us a chance to update the game and give you a good gameplay experience.

Could anybody from Paradox tell me why support is ignoring me ? The ticket numbers are: #6531 and #7981.

So I inquired about your situation and was informed that you have had many replies, but you just do not want to hear what they are telling you.
You purchased your game from gametap shop, and they have not replied to our refund request, it is in the hands of your retailer, I have asked that a call be placed to them so that the situation can be worked out.

Did steam support EVER help someone in question of redunding? ever?

According to this thread they have credited everyone that purchased the game from them and that asked them.

So is there a way I can find out if steam said "no" to paradox about my refund, or something? How long should I wait?

If you have confirmed with us that your details were sent to steam, you may want to follow up with them, I would include the message from Paradox that mentions your refund request being sent.

Better watch out, Cpt.Badger or else they are going to have to make up rules to keep you from posting in this thread.

All rules are clearly posted.
Why would I try and stop someone I am helping and that is posting on thread topic.

No, he means Steam. Lots of people have posted their results of contacting Steam themselves and getting a "one time" refund. I don't recall anyone saying they asked Steam and were turned down, although someone did link to a Facebook post about it.