• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I never built cavalry or dragoons because of the sound they made when you clicked on them. Try listening to that bugle 5 times a minute every minute for 3 hours. Not fun.

Really? I don't build them just because they tend to get slaughtered. ;)

Dragoons in particular, being only slightly faster than infantry but much weaker, strike me as being the worst of both worlds.

I'd rather have something like counters.

Really? I don't build them just because they tend to get slaughtered. ;)

Dragoons in particular, being only slightly faster than infantry but much weaker, strike me as being the worst of both worlds.

Yes, make Dragoons make sense in Vicky2.

I'd rather have something like counters.

There are alwasy Counters though, they're not going to suddenly forget Counters are they. But there are alot more ways for them to do Sprites the wrong way, we have to supervise and instruct Paradox closely to ensure that they do Sprites correctly. We can assume they won't bugger up Counters if we leave them to get on with that by themselves.

I agree with the OP. Multiple soldiers FTW!

Everyone tryed to Capture the world , so everyone wanted to have any new events, such as "You capture the London" wich for example increase you tech level. Or some random reactions from other countries... I think you should build a group of political models, which can happend with you (RUS,GER vs FR,ENG; USA,GER vs RUS,ENG,FR)...

I only ever built dragoons or cavalry and did alright but then i always had the computer soundless and music playing so i wouldnt know what noise they made

it would be nice to see the air race with the great deregibles of the late century, but thered only be one or two and the severe war wariness hit youd take if it fell with the amount of national pride invested in them how theyd work in the game is a question

Lets be honest here, just how many good generals were there in the Vicky period?

quite... it's a period stuffed full of examples of weak generalship.

Hopefully there will be a Tradition-like variable so that the quality of your generals depends on your military experience, your military research, and if National Ideas are implemented, them too...

I only ever built dragoons or cavalry and did alright but then i always had the computer soundless and music playing so i wouldnt know what noise they made

You mean you don't hear the soundtrack? That's like half of the Victorian ambiance you're missing out on.

I would like to see some sort of representation of the rudimentary airpower which various nations were developing. Even if the planes and Zepplins in question can only fly short distances and make very little impact on a battle, it would be fantastic to have them nonetheless.

What about air power? I would like to have the possibility to use air power. It would be great for modding other scenarios. Thoughts?

In Ricky air-power makes an entrance in the last couple of decades or so, it would certainly be good for air-power (when it arrives) to be implemented alot better than as brigades attached to infantry divisions. Same thing with the tanks.

I dont know. Independent air units at least until some years after WW1 are a bit of a stretch. As you pointed out they dont do that much as individual units but they had some impact in conjecture with artillery and infantry when doing scouting and anti infantry missions. If there is a brigade model thats probably the way to represent them as support brigades to infantry divisions or corps.

In Ricky air-power makes an entrance in the last couple of decades or so, it would certainly be good for air-power (when it arrives) to be implemented alot better than as brigades attached to infantry divisions. Same thing with the tanks.

The air-power doesn't actually do very much, though - a few marginal increases to stats if you add fighter or bomber brigades. It's mostly there for flavour, the mechanics don't support the impact those units historically had.