• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3_MAP_1492.jpg

An updated map dating from 1492!

EU3_276.jpg

Things are looking dire for TO as well as for yours truely. I dont want them taking Novgo! It's a prime prerequisite for Russia and I dont want a Russia this time around!

I mean: Muscovy already has the tendency not to break to rebels, combine that with a) hard difficulty b) abs monarchy c) partriarchy d) max decent and they will have a max WE of around 5! and cores everywhere! Thanks, but no thanks!

Good thing Novgo is like 48% WS, if I take enough land Muscovy wont be able to attain that kind of WS and they will have to Settle for less than Novgo!

EU3_277.jpg

Austria can keep ostprussia. I cant demand a capital at this stage anyway ^^ And dont forget a war resets the "lose a core" timer. So I can even wait another 49.9999 years before losing my core on ost prussia!

EU3_278.jpg

I should have actually waited with this treaty, for Russia to sign out with less than Novgo, I felt confident though that Musc wouldn't get Novgo this time around and I dont want to waste time, with my goals being as ambitious and all!

EU3_279.jpg

Serves them right!

And makes them a prime target, even more than they already were!

EU3_280.jpg

Though the Syrians also look tasty. Don't discard the near east because they have a lot of dirt poor provinces! Alleppo beirut and Damascus are all nice 7+ base tax provinces with cloth! Just use CK as a guide ^^

And Judea gives .5 missonaries and 1 prestige. I need those missionaries asap!!!

EU3_281.jpg

Venice is in league with the Syrians? Wth!

Not that it matters, but still. I also get the mameluks and the timurs which is nice since the first has Judea and the second Crimea, both of which i want!

EU3_282.jpg

And some cores.

EU3_283.jpg

Spread out for a better overview ;)

EU3_284.jpg

Ow how these graphics are going to change :rofl: 30% cores now, that will become even lower, that's something I can predict already ^^

EU3_285.jpg

Im forced to start building a navy, not for some PvE actions but some PvP. Player versus Pirate that is.

Pirates on your home continent will pop up if noone has the anti piracy act and has it's capital on your home continent. Since the act can only be instituted at naval 16, I will be seeing a lot of pirates. I will also not be taking it myself, because I will be around a 100 bb the moment I could take it! And for some odd bal reason someone with a 100 bb can;t pick the anit piracy act :mad:

I build galleys since A) they are dirt cheap b) they get bonusses in shallow waters, and I will only be guarding the Ost see and the Black Sea, both are shallow ^^

EU3_286.jpg

venice made a bad bad decision. They border my ally austria and accept the CTA from their doomed syrian allies. jeesh....

A cheap vassalisation is the result. Note that I will not follow up with a DA as stated at the start of the thread :eek:o DAing and inheriting are cheap and not fun at all. Daing also gives decent :eek:

EU3_287.jpg

Weeee look at my cool boats sailing towards the black sea! I can't build any ships there since I have no cores, so Im forced to sail from Lubeck to Kaffa in order to kill some lousy pirates.

EU3_288.jpg

the predictable result. Im looking forward to the BB wars with the big boys. France/Muscovy/Who Knows!

EU3_289.jpg

These Timur Possessions are all seen as colonies because they are not connected by land to their capital and in another continent! great stuff, the battle I won versus the Mameluks and Syria provide me with high enough of a WS to demand all these provinces.

EU3_290.jpg

:eek: :eek:

Warning paid of again! Wow! A free dow versus all those nations that own provinces that rightfully belong to me!

Norway and Sweden are not important, but this might prove to be a chance to stop Muscovia! A nice amount of WE will slow them down and nice chunks of Lith (Kiev anyone?) will mean a massive boost to mp and money for me!

EU3_291.jpg

The ones i dont care about can have their white peace and eat it too.

EU3_292.jpg

and I venture into Russia ! Glory glory hallelujah, glory glory hallelujah!

Will I be the first European to pull this one of or will I follow in the sad foot steps of Napoleon and von Paulus?

Also it might not have been totally apparent from the crappy screen shot, but im actually having some fun with a huge inf stack right there. It's the 5 day retreat tactic, only without the retreating and the 5 days!

I waited for them to start the storming , rushed in and won the first battle, the retreat and i follow up. ill be there first since im all cav!

Also note that the Russian stack was originally 29k! 29.000 troops! Hello attrition! Russian hordes for the win. And then people think France is too much :eek:

EU3_293.jpg

The rebels think this is an opportuun time to strike....

EU3_294.jpg

There goes the 29k stack. Or more than 500 gold and a lot of mp :)

I lost the siege of one province but that doesnt matter at all anymore, it only means around .01 We a month.

EU3_295.jpg

My 10k inf siege stack is intercepted.... Stupid me, I wasnt looking!

EU3_296.jpg

I noticed them retreating their beaten down regiments to Voronezh. The AI sometimes decides to remove their regiments that are below a certaing threshold from their main army and walk those beaten regiments back to safety to recuperate. A good idea, but not if I notice when and where those exhausted regiments are retreating too! This time my cav moves in and intercepts them for a change. Another 9 regiments down the drain!

EU3_297.jpg

13 WE for Musc! And all of that purely from battles!

The battles were not without cost since I amassed a staggering 3.23 WE! If I already had a world spanning empire I would be facing a nice amount of revolts every month.

That's why an aspiring WC'er should always take care of the most potent threats as early as possible. Waiting might make dealing with them easier, but the WE you get will have way more of an impact!

EU3_298.jpg

Unam sanctam! Hell yeah, if im correct it increases the Borg factor and with Protestantism around the corner it will mean free dows on everything that moves!

EU3_299.jpg

Sieging with crap infantery is ...... crap

EU3_300.jpg

Im pursuing the beaten Russians all the way to Vladimir. And get a core :)

Will I kill em all, or will I be defeated my a cold and creeping winter?!

Find out on the next exciting new episode of : A shadow WC; An Unddu production!

unddu said:
I should have actually waited with this treaty, for Russia to sign out with less than Novgo, I felt confident though that Musc wouldn't get Novgo this time around and I dont want to waste time, with my goals being as ambitious and all!
I would have waited, when they had signed a treaty, you could have taken Novgorod yourself and the threat would be over.

Slinky said:
I would have waited, when they had signed a treaty, you could have taken Novgorod yourself and the threat would be over.

In short : The Ai wont be so kind!

Usually when you wait for them to peace out when you hold 50% of an AI's turf then nothing happens! The ai has goals it wants to meet and doesnt loose anything in troops or WE or WS so will keep going at it, but can't since you are there!

I also can't take Novgo, because it's way too far out there: I could have never made a landbridge through To lands to link it up. A province you can't reach is a liability.

Like a proper Alexander?
Die young be gay with your bodyguards?

Nice!

And yet so mean!

Well not the gay and dying young part : More of the conquering the world part :rofl:

This is going fast, but then again it has to if you're going to complete the many goals you have set yourself :cool:

I like how you keep the pressure up on your targets by declaring war on their allies or countries they guarantee right after peace is settled.

More good work - I thought your empire was looking pretty odd shaped but I see you want Judea and Mecca - presumably for the missionaries.

You want to convert the whole world to Protestantism! I'm trying for global Catholicism in 1.3 and i'm not certain it can be done so your goal seems very demanding. Have you done a trial run? Do you have any idea how close you can get?

U can have around 4.5 missionaries a year so he should be pretty close to full Protestant...

rasmus40 said:
This is going fast, but then again it has to if you're going to complete the many goals you have set yourself :cool:

I like how you keep the pressure up on your targets by declaring war on their allies or countries they guarantee right after peace is settled.

With just 3 provices a treaty one is forced to use this tactic versus large countries.

More good work - I thought your empire was looking pretty odd shaped but I see you want Judea and Mecca - presumably for the missionaries.

You want to convert the whole world to Protestantism! I'm trying for global Catholicism in 1.3 and i'm not certain it can be done so your goal seems very demanding. Have you done a trial run? Do you have any idea how close you can get?

Ill make it, hopefully with some 20 odd years left ^^ I hope ;)

U can have around 4.5 missionaries a year so he should be pretty close to full Protestant...

1 from full narrow 1.5 from conquests .5 from protestant 1.4 from decisions. Sounds about right :)

EU3_301.jpg

A holiday in vladimir for my troops, don't try this at home ^^ Seriously though don't do this if the enemy is not already solidly beaten, or your army has superior morale even when left to rot somewhere on the plains of Russia.

Since it's june im not suffering the grief attrition I would in winter. Fightning in Russia Proper is not fun at all!

EU3_302.jpg

Im going to try and make use of the fact that the rebels just freshly captured saratow. The fort should be low on people.

But then disaster strikes! I notice my WE slowly creeping up no matter what I try and my MP reaching an all time low. I also notice I will not be getting anywhere in Russia this time around! I mean it will take too long and cost too much WE to defeat them! I already gave them the max WE they can have, so with a sad feeling I decide to accept a white peace. I was so ashamed that I didn't even screenshot the moment :(

In order to quelch my anger and frustration I declare war on someone else!

EU3_303.jpg

Or not :)

I still have to deal with three rebel armies... Danzig is a great province, but those huge rebel armies are slightly less amusing.

EU3_304.jpg

I decide to wait for WE to become 0 again and for BB to cool off. We are nearing the BB war era now, don't get flustered just yet :)

And now something I didn't see soming, but is actually a pretty good turn of events!

My buddy Hungary that refused to fall to WE and rebels, even though i tried my best, decides to duke it out with......... France!

EU3_305.jpg

EU3_306.jpg

While Hungary is bussy with France, Austria get's it on with Bohemia! Everyone is having fun but me!

Remember the screenshot of that possible DOW that I didnt follow up on? I did now!

EU3_307.jpg

And I got cores!

EU3_308.jpg

Hungary released Croatia. Not too shabby a decision for France.

EU3_309.jpg

France also decides to leave around 25 divisions worth of troops in Hungary to have them die of starvation. Smart move.

EU3_310.jpg

I have them giving up on cores in Warmia and Danzig. I always try to have as many coreless provinces as possible, I hate nationalists!

EU3_311.jpg

:eek: You can't plan stuff like this ^^ Great move to! Thanks, now I can form Prussia a whole war sooner.

And I pick the easy way out:

EU3_312.jpg

Thanks Sweden!

EU3_314.jpg

This does seem mightily tempting! I wont follow up though :(

Why not? Because we are having a rough period ahead of us. What will happen? Protestantism! That's what. I will become protestant, which will take me 5 stab :mad:

I also pick the Convincle Act, before switching to prot, for the added .5 missionaries. I will pick the Test Act after I become Prot.

EU3_315.jpg

There we have it, slightly overdue....

I do love the Dutch flag though. Too bad I already picked a nation to do a WC with :)

So I will pick Conv, switch to prot and pick Test
But first a final war with TO

EU3_317.jpg

So a war with To it is then :)

EU3_319.jpg

Thanks for giving up on Prussia TO!

EU3_320.jpg

And the fun starts....

EU3_321.jpg

Gogo -1 heretic tolerance, as well as -1 from the Conv act!

EU3_322.jpg

A core! And near the Black Sea to boot!

EU3_323.jpg

Yes a regency council! Yippie! O wait.... :confused: That is not good at all!

I kinda forget to mention this, but I also managed to get excommunicated along the road..... One would think it would only take a move to prot to get rid of the excom thing, but no! It takes a switch of kings above all else....

EU3_324.jpg

-2 Stab and different religions amount to what? Yeah that's right: Rebels!

EU3_325.jpg

Will Unddu collapse under the weight of having to click twice for each rebel stack, will he overcome this challenge and rise as the defender of the protestant faith? Read it next time on A shadow WC: An Unddu Production!

Last edited:
Enewald said:
uuuh, dark times shall come. Dont form prussia, mecklemburg is cooler. :)

I have no choice Enewald, I will be getting slider changes every gazzilion years, so if I want to get anywhere near my required slider positions I need to use decisions to get to max cent :(

Wait, has Russia formed already or not. They have Novgorod, but I thought it was still Muscovy.

How far are you from your ideal sliders?

Recovering all that stab is hard work and I'd guess you want to get your sliders in place before your costs get too high.

Do missionaries fail in IN or do they just take quite a long time?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm fascinated by the details of how people approach WC as I keep thinking I should be able to do it faster than I normally do.

That was very nice of the TO wasn't it letting you have Ostprussen. Helps with those easy to defend borders you have ;)

PrawnStar said:
How far are you from your ideal sliders?

Recovering all that stab is hard work and I'd guess you want to get your sliders in place before your costs get too high.

Do missionaries fail in IN or do they just take quite a long time?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm fascinated by the details of how people approach WC as I keep thinking I should be able to do it faster than I normally do.

That was very nice of the TO wasn't it letting you have Ostprussen. Helps with those easy to defend borders you have ;)

Let's take it step by step ^^

Question a) Miles and miles! I will not go even close to my preferred positions... I will need events and decisions to help me out there.

Question b) Stab is not that bad at this stage, in my last WC i had to wait Eu3 like amounts for getting a stab back :( Also IN doesnt give stab hits for slider changes, thank god.

Question c) They wont fail, but can take simply ages. I had a missonary working for me and costing me money for 50 years in one of my games :mad:

Question d) They were very nice to give up Ost Prussia as their capital I can tell you that !

EU3_326.jpg

Another update for today : Protestantism moves in on it's own, great!

EU3_327.jpg

An overview.

EU3_328.jpg

With all the possible stab hits in the future, I might need to build churches, I dont want to though, Id rather build more troops.

EU3_329.jpg

Finally no more regency council. Jeesh that's annoying!

EU3_330.jpg

Let's get to it shall we? The ottomans though they were of the hook. Too bad for them I have not forgetten them.

EU3_331.jpg

I waited two months, but I forgot why :(

EU3_332.jpg

And to speed things up I add Hungary to the mix. Kick while them, while they are down!

EU3_333.jpg

That's right! That was what happened. I switched to a republic, that slowed me down even more... 4 stab hit! Why? Because const republic is the single best thing around and I would rather take the worst stab hits now, then later on! Going from a monarchy to a republic is 4, from republic to republic just 1.

Republics an sich are way better than monarchies, for the cost of no rm's which I cant use with the up and coming BB, I get to pick the type of king I want and replace bad kings every 4 years!

I will without an exception always pick admin rulers from now on.

EU3_334.jpg

Nice!

EU3_335.jpg

The war with Ottomans and the Hungarians was not interesting. They were weak and broken, the first because of me the second because of France.

What I missed to screen shot though is the most important part of the whole AAR. The BB war moment! That's right, I annexed freely and am now in the 30+ bb regions! So let's dance!

EU3_336.jpg

Mmmm, that doesnt look as shiny as I hoped. Hainaut dowed me, bringing Muscovia to the table. A fact I overlooked :eek:

EU3_337.jpg

A white peace it is then, they were lucky that I didnt have rail roads to move troops from the east front to the west front and vice versa!

EU3_338.jpg

Reformed Gallo!

EU3_339.jpg

Trade overview

EU3_340.jpg

Tech overview

You might be wondering why I whited out with Hainaut instead of march into Russia and kick their ass. The answer is hidden in the last screenshot. Im land tech 14, they are land tech 17.........

Recovering for 5+4=9 stab hits is insane and ruins tech!

EU3_341.jpg

I annexed Aydin since I was bored.

EU3_342.jpg

I got 100k troops ready to rumble now ^^

and tons of missonaries doing their thing. I'm converting muslims first, since having a religion not in your own group adds another 1 RR to that province!

It's better to convert muslims than catholics!

EU3_343.jpg

Let's party! Invite all your friends!

EU3_344.jpg

that's one.

EU3_345.jpg

Look at me having fun versus all those minors. Sure guys go ahead and dow me, bring your buddies with you, Im all ears!

Austria finally decides to lift of, growing exponentially.

EU3_346.jpg

Bye stupid minor!

Everything is now played in speed 3. Expect tons of screen covering tiny amounts of time ;)

EU3_347.jpg

And my cav having fun with the remaining Otts in Greece!

The problem with stuff like this is, you have to keep your eye on multiple fronts at once. Playing faster than 3 is impossible.

EU3_348.jpg

And pulling out with minimal losses and maximal gains is also of vital importance. dont try for 100% in every war. Get out and attack again!

EU3_349.jpg

As I said: Follow up your left with a right hook:

EU3_350-1.jpg

Since people are randomly warning me ... Like I care.... I get tons of fresh victims with every dow. im not bordering France or Austria so they wont get into the fray. Once I border them i need to move a lot of troops to central europe :rofl:

Also the world pre-BB war:

EU3_MAP_1511.jpg

Will Unddu get flooded by Russians and Austrians and Franks a like? Will he weather the storm?

Find out in the next mind boggling episode of :

A Shadow WC: An Unddu Production!

Also : Throw in your guesses concerning the date at which the last victim bites the dust. Take into account that once there is just one victim or two allied vicitims left, it will take 5 years to dow them, cuz of the truce!

unddu said:
Also : Throw in your guesses concerning the date at which the last victim bites the dust. Take into account that once there is just one victim or two allied vicitims left, it will take 5 years to dow them, cuz of the truce!
My guess will be 1760 and if you want a specific date it will be January 2nd because of the war taxes.

I guess there is no way back now, as if there ever was one :rolleyes:

This is going to be cool to follow :cool: