• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, maybe by events like 'choose new president' or 'choose ruling party'. No hardcoded and unchangeable by player things before 2004.

Rythin said:
Well, maybe by events like 'choose new president' or 'choose ruling party'. No hardcoded and unchangeable by player things before 2004.

It's funny but I think future wars will be centered on Canada for two reasons:
o Canada has the largest reserve of fresh water in underground sources. You don't need to desalize fresh water or clean it. Sedimentation is enough to clean it. And with more and more pollution fresh water is going to be an economical choice.
o Canada has oil reserves that are 2x larger than the current oil reserves in the world. The current oil reserves worldwide are around 600 billion barrels and Canada has around 1.2 trillion barrels mixed with sands. Don't fool yourself thinking that hydrogen or electric cars is the way to go, it won't be for a while because it mean losing a lot of jobs in the oil companies and if things go bad in oil companies a lot of other industries will follow so I don't think that we won't need oil anymore in 2030-2050. In the future it will be more and more economical to extract this oil from the sands especially if the world reserves goes down. There are tons of investment in the extraction of those alternate source of oil for the next 20 years already. And you know what happened with Iraq, if it was really for the oil, when it has so little oil compared to Canada. I don't know exactly why there is lot of oil here I suppose it's because a lot of dinos died there (petroleum is basically crushed animals corpses..... and natural gas is basically crushed plants which formed after millions and millions of years...)
(more information: http://www.energy.gov.ab.ca/com/Sands/default.htm)

We should get the US an event about the Kyoto-protocol. Will they finally sign or not? If they do, they should get some minor losses of industry, if they don't they should get worsened relations with some major nations like France and Japan, but a boost in stability.

mystra007,
Extremely good idea. Maybe you could write the desc for the events? (at least one for both USA and Canada).

HoChiMinh,
I guess if they haven't done it already, they surely would do it never.

HoChiMinh said:
I have a vision going on here... it is something like this:

Sweden, Denmark and Finland get event to leave the EU in 200X (2007 perhaps?). The A-choice is to leave (since the people of these states don't really have much support for the EU IRL).
If even one of them leave the EU, Norway will get an event that gives them the choice to invite this/these state(s) into a union of their own. The a choice is to join this new union.
These states will now get military access to begin with. Events will come up later to form a military alliance, trade agreement and more.
In the year 20XX, this Scandinavian Union (henceforth called the SU) get an event to create a confederacy, and become a single united state called Scandinavia. The nation with the most VP gets this event. The other nations have an A-choice to join, and the union gets CB against those that don't join, as well as claims on Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark (some people might disagree about Finland, but since Finland is very close, not only geographically to the rest of Scandinavian nations, I think they fit in).
This new union gets some conflicts with EU and Soviet later on, and the relations with these states should be low.

I know this is a late reply, but, Finland seems to have a more pro european populace than Denmark and Sweden, so Finland should have a lower chance of joining.

Arabia events, Vs America I would gladely do ;) just direct me!

:p I had tests you know...so sorry :(

Gulf Summit in Riyadh, year 2012

In the year 1984, the Gulf "Majlis Et-Tawahon" or council for cooperation decided that by the year 2012, all trade agreements, fiscal developments, monetary investments, and military agreements would go into full order.Thusly making a one standing army for the Gulf, and enforcing a united economy for the area.

*This should most likely enforce excellent relations with all Gulf nations

Gulf Summit of Baghdad

With the cooperation pact signed between Baghdad, and Riyadh, the road was paced for Iraq to join the Gulf alliance and share the wealth of the land.The treaty was stemmed out of the need to put an end to the resurgancy of Iranian power in the area.

*Iraq joins alliance of the Gulf

The Iranian Halde islands war, Gulf War III

The Iranian government held three islands of the United Arab Emirates illegaly,taken back in the 80s and as the Gulf summit's power expanded, voices were heard demanding a direct hit on Iran's aggression.Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and the assembled Gulf states, readied an invasion force against Iran, that would have dire consequences on the area...

*War, troops....etc

Fall of Tehran
To the shock of many throughout the world, the Gulf Alliance sucesseded in capturing the capital of Iran, and the Mullah Government collapsed.The Gulf summit installed a puppet government in wounded Persia, and aquisitioned some lands from Iran to Gulf members.

*If Tehran in Gulf hands that is ;)

Egypt and the Gulf states

The defeat of Shia Iran, and the new found confidence in the Arab world, prompted the Egyptians to ask for a more wider Gulf alliance, or better yet a regional alliance, including Egypt.

*Should we, or should we not transforem this alliance into a regional one?

Libyan Agression against Egypt

The Libyan government, under (insert name) created a diplomatic crises over the Salalah Oil fields, funded by the Arab alliance, on the basis of owning the Salalah Oil. The Egyptian government was inraged as the Libyans fired several scuds over El-Amien, prompting them to declare war...

Shields, War...etc

Regional Power Expands, and the dissolution of the Arab league

The Arab alliance was far more efficient and powerful than the beurecratically dead and slow Arab league established since 1945.The Arab alliance was quick, resilliant and vigilint against the enemies of the Arabs, and was far more capable in dealing with problems.In 2030, a vote was held to dissolve the Arab league and institute the Alliance instead.

stabs, better relations...etc of course this is optional ;)

Islamic Chairmen El-Kathiri elected

Abu Mohammed El-Kathiri was elected as the Chairmen of the Alliance.An Egyptian of Alexandrian background, he was known for his fanatical islamic views, and fundementalism.He urged all members of the alliance to institute Islamic Shariah, and encourged the rest of the Arab states to join the alliance.

Well good relations with syria, this should prompted the next event

Islamic Shariah in our nation
*From what i know, Shia is fundie, sunni is not, so if Religion=Shiite, then it does not happen
The Alliance Chairmen investigated the situation of Islam in our nation, and has decided we are not sufficiently islamic,let us institute the shariah and establish th true faith in our lands.

Shariah!
No!

Syria ponders the Alliance

The Syrians were fully aware of the alliances power, and saw the benefit of joining them, however, joining the alliance would mean that the republic would become null, which frightened the christian minority.But at least she would have a better chance against Israel, in retrieving the Golan heights.

Join
Join with the status of watcher
Dont, we dont need fanatics to destroy the Zionist state

Syria Joins

With Syria now part of the Alliance, all the main nations of the Islamic world, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, and Iraq, were firmly united under one flag, now it was time to deal with the West...

Let us show the arrogant dogs of the West a sight they have never seen*triggers next event
Let us be cautious....

American Influence wanes in the area

With the massive upheavel of Islamic ressurgence sweaping the area, US corporations, companies and whatnot, were forced to take leave.The Alliance demanded all American bases to be dismantled and American companies out by the end of the year.American citizens were also promptedly hailed to the United States from around the Arab world.This was a serious blow against the USA.

Out!Out filthy Americans!*triggers next event
We might need their help...

American Embassies close Down

The Alliance desided that it would be benefitial if we closed down the American embassy and withdrew our own ambassadors from the US... should we?
Close it!
No, we need them.

Reconquest of Alexanderreta

The Syrians decided that it was time to teach the Turks, who were allies with israel, a lesson in Islamic justice.The city of Alexanderreta, under Turkish control was claimed by the Syrian government, but was never able to retake it.Now with Islam backing the Syrians, the time for reconquest was at hand.

War on the secularists!*triggers next event
No, they still believe in Allah!

War of the Islamic Scimitar *previous event and Taurus must be in Alliance hands....
With Alliance troops marching into Turkey, several southern towns, with a large conservative population, went up in revolt against the secular government.The Turkish army was forced to entrench in Ankara and plead for peace.The Alliance had the choice of invading Ankara and installing an islamic government, or just taking Alexanderreta.

Alexanderreta is fine....
Istanbul beacons! *war continues...

If Istanbul captured...

City of Mohammed El-Fatih

The Great city of Istanbul fell to the Arab alliance, and as time to deal with the Turks.The Alliance installed an islamic government in Ankara and reopened the mosque of Hagia Sophia.

Magnificent!

USSR proposal...
The Soviet Union impressed by Arab victories, decided to support the Arabs technologically against Israel.In the year 2067, they provided the Arab states with Anti-Nuke defuncts to protect their cities against nuclear arsenal.This allowed the Arab states to deal with Israel directly...However it is for a price...

*Should be very expensive for the Alliance if you agree to buy
If not well youll get bombs if you declare war on Israel.

Caliphate elections

With Islam reviving throughout the Muslim world, the Alliance Chairmen Ahmed El-Gindel, proposed an Islamic wide election for a Caliph, to head the Islamic Confederation and UNISEF and to coordinate between the Arab alliance and other islamic states.The election was held in Islamabad, with the appearance of all Islamic leaders.

Choose a sunni Caliph
Shiite is far more better

Israel

We are now powerful enough to deal with Israel my lord, shall we bring down this pillar of Western Aggression?We have the weapons, we have the men, we have the technology, what remains now is a Jihad.

Call the Caliph and declare a Jihad!
Let the Chairmen do it!
I'll do it! :D
Hell no, Israel is one mean machine!

Rythin, Im pretty much sorry I didnt post this earlier :( I had alot of tests.
Anyway, if you like this, I can continue the events.

HoChiMinh said:
How about an alternative turn of history if... say, LePen would have taken power in France and proclaimed himself as a dictator? Or if the Italian monarchist party would win an election and recreate the kingdom of Italy?

There is no monarchist party in Italy, I assure you. Perhaps there could be a fascist coup..... :(