• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rythin

General
44 Badges
Apr 18, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Semper Fi
  • The Showdown Effect
Hi.
Just after doing Worldwide events 1991-2004 (or as temp substitute) we should do ECH (Events that Can Happen) in the frame of 2000-2020. I mean Restoration of Yugoslavia, Restoration of Korean Empire, Spain Civil War (Basque), Desintegration of Columbia, Establishing Independent Nation of Silesia, etc. Those events will be mainly based on complex trigger conditions.

Stay tuned.

I have a vision going on here... it is something like this:

Sweden, Denmark and Finland get event to leave the EU in 200X (2007 perhaps?). The A-choice is to leave (since the people of these states don't really have much support for the EU IRL).
If even one of them leave the EU, Norway will get an event that gives them the choice to invite this/these state(s) into a union of their own. The a choice is to join this new union.
These states will now get military access to begin with. Events will come up later to form a military alliance, trade agreement and more.
In the year 20XX, this Scandinavian Union (henceforth called the SU) get an event to create a confederacy, and become a single united state called Scandinavia. The nation with the most VP gets this event. The other nations have an A-choice to join, and the union gets CB against those that don't join, as well as claims on Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark (some people might disagree about Finland, but since Finland is very close, not only geographically to the rest of Scandinavian nations, I think they fit in).
This new union gets some conflicts with EU and Soviet later on, and the relations with these states should be low.

The nation with the most VP gets this event
I don't think this trigger is codeable.

Moreover, I think united Scandinavia is something too uber. And it is somewhat unrealistic vision - do you really think Norway or Sweden would like to get inherited by some confederation? And I can assure you - Finland would not like to be in same anything with Sweden :D

Well, if not unified, I still think some form of union is possible, even if it is "only" a military alliance, and I think it is quite likely to actually happen one day.

Maybe TA+MA+RM (let's call it NAP which stands for Non-agression pact)+some hardcoded events giving/taking money/tech exchanges etc.

Another thing:

As far as I understand, there will be a war with America+EU vs. Soviet/Arabia.

If the US lose this war, perhaps it should enter a spiral of decay that could end up in it being fractued into five pieces (the CSA, Texas (with New Mexico), California (with Nevada and Arizona), and some sort of state north of Cal in the west coast, as well as the USA being left with the leftovers).
This is only if they lose that war, and if they chose some other events and things go really wrong for them.

there will be a war with America+EU vs. Soviet
Only if Russia would really change back to USSR.
there will be a war with America+EU vs. Arabia
Only if USA would really attack something more than Iraq (event checking onwar with major Arabian countries that if true would trigger event sequence about war).

i hardly see the us breaking into many parts...the only real divergent parts of our culture are the bible belt and new england, everyone else is more or less "the same" or is too small a minority to break away. in either case, what remained of the us would have (presumably) no trouble in putting down whatever revolt there was.

jefferson said that a little revolt every now and then was a good thing but this is certainly not an ideology shared by modern americans. the closest america got to coming apart at the seams since the civil war was during the vietnam war when class and ethnic lines were at a tearing point. however, there was really no serious thought about revolt, except, of course, for the peaceful and not-so-peaceful protests of the era. these were PROTESTS, though.

a more likely scenario would be a french revolution type scenario with one group (liberals or conservatives) kicking out or killing the other. if i had to made the assumption, it would be conservatives kicking out liberals, who would flee en masse into canada and europe.

-Matt

Well...

there are voices in the south for a second civil war, and there is a growing movement of Californians for independent, and Texas always seem to gag on and on about how much greater they are, and how good they were before they joined the US.
And Utah has its christian extremists who could revolt if they had a leader telling them to.
And New England also has a movement for indepence. Plus this is 20-30 years into the future, and who knows what will happen then?

Desintegration of United States can occur when stab at -3 and centralization at 3 or less. Maybe event as evil as Desintegration of Golden Horde :D

i mentioned the bible belt (also known as the "south" excluding florida and new orleans, among others), which has the stongest segregationist sentiment BUT that is hardly worth mentioning. as for california, texas, and NE, they have but maybe 1% who want out, same as utah. things would have to DRASTICALLY change in the US to have it break apart. india would be a more likely example, if you really want to destroy a modern country.

-Matt

things would have to DRASTICALLY change in the US to have it break apart. india would be a more likely example, if you really want to destroy a modern country.

Well, why can't we have both ^^.

And remember, this mod goes into the future, and who knows how the US will look in 20-30 years?

How about an alternative turn of history if... say, LePen would have taken power in France and proclaimed himself as a dictator? Or if the Italian monarchist party would win an election and recreate the kingdom of Italy?