• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darren3331

Second Lieutenant
8 Badges
Apr 12, 2024
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
A thread for comments / problem reporting on my Maps.

First Map: "The Summer Isles" - Scroll down for the NEW "Peaks Bay" - Coming soon: "The Summer Isle - All Seasons Edition" (Much more polished!)

I know some folk do not have a lot of time to throw at the game, as such I did an alternate version of the Lakeland map with all high flow infrastructure in place, some collectors and other time savers with suggestions on what to put where for those that may struggle to do natural looking layouts (single concrete wastelands). As well as climate change (no rain/snow), flora change (lots of Palm trees) and many other terrain changes.

Love it? Dislike it? All feedback welcome, I know this sort of predefined layout won't be for everyone. If you do like it and want to see other maps predefined, let me know.

19-April-15-46-53-05.png

19-April-15-44-47-03.png19-April-15-45-26-04.png19-April-15-50-00-08.png23-April-20-32-33-00.png

I forgot to add in the map description that this layout was previously used on the original map and worked great to 300k, so should be fine for super large populations. However there is one un-tested interchange (Windmill) between the town and City Zone 1, I'm pretty sure this interchange will be overwhelmed at the 100k onwards mark. If it does, replace it with the Stacker interchange (huge cross shaped one).

When I started using the map editor (first time) and tried to add that interchange, it had a huge grid under it flattening everything in its path, I didn't realise at that point that all I had to do was click the stamp icon lol...so ended up doing a manual interchange. I went back and replaced all other interchanges but forgot to update that one.

Last edited:
UPDATE V1.2

I have fixed the following:

1: Connected Pylons to the outside connection
2: Replaced all rail lines with normal Two Way tracks (not two, two way tracks!)
3: Fixed one custom intersection that had a two way road segment instead of a one way
4: Removed the river from Industry Area 1, instead I added earth in front of the Dam to stop the water seapage. This dam by the way was added as a potential Elecro-dam spot should you wish

Now onto new custom maps...

Last edited:
I'm going to guess you didn't get the beach properties DLC? That should fix in next patch, as I think they pulled it to be part of Vanilla; refunding those that got it separately and rest of us on ultimate edition get more packs for free; I should have mentioned this in the description, apologies.

Last edited:
I'm going to guess you didn't get the beach front DLC? That should fix in next patch, as I think they pulled it to be part of Vanilla; refunding those that got it separately and rest of us on ultimate edition get more packs for free; I should have mentioned this in the description, apologies.
thanks for the update, yes i don't own the beach front DLC.

• 1Like
Reactions:
hey, thanks a lot for this map. Anyway, do you have any idea why I have grey boxes intead of palm trees? Should I download something else?
Hi, unfortunately you need the Beach Properties DLC, however I don't think that DLC is available now because CO has removed it. It is going to be free in next patch I believe. For now only people who paid for the Ultimate Edition will see Palm Trees at the moment.

Last edited:
So this is a good mod, BUT there is an issue with your train tracks. There are tracks that are placed down where there are crossings and cause trains to get stuck, backing up MILES!

nevermind, seems yu addressed in last update.
Yep, apologies, there is an extra track option in the editor that doesn't exist in the main game, it ends with two way, so at a glance you think its the correct one; but it is for stations only. It took me like 20 mins to use the replace tool to undo that, but guessing you have done that already. Many map makers/editors have been caught out by this :D.

Hi! I absolutely love this map! Would you consider making a temperate/snow-possible version?
Hi, glad you like it. It is doable, however it isn't a 5 minute job as I would need to remove all Palms and one of the types of bush used for it to work in a 4 season map.

Due to climate settings being broken in the Map Editor since the last patch I wouldn't be able to do it just yet. For now I'm currently working on two fully custom maps, but I will come back to this map if you are still interested when they fix the climate settings.

Last edited:
NEW MAP: PEAKS BAY

Welcome to Peaks Bay, home of the world famous Walmer Mountain Pass Express train.

With lush green pastures, stunning mountain peaks, reservoir, lakes and a stream, this is an idyllic location for those that want the option of escaping from the daily hustle and bustle of City life.

THIS MAP IS FOR PEOPLE THAT:

1: want to play an all season map
2: want a little bit of a challenge with limited space around rugged mountainous terrain
3: are looking for a map that will look mature with just a few hundred thousand sims

04-May-11-35-45-03.png

04-May-14-18-48-00.png04-May-11-44-02-11.png04-May-11-37-13-05.png04-May-11-43-27-10.png04-May-14-19-17-01.png

This is a big departure from the previous map, this is a fully custom map, with just the necessary infrastructure and no suggestions for layout; with a couple of Easter Eggs.

If maps were graded Beginner, Experienced or Expert, I would class it as experienced. The map will suit those who want a little challenge in terms of the best way to layout your builds due to the many, but smaller zones around the mountainous terrain. The map will fill out nicely with just a few hundred thousand sims, which may suit many of you with low to medium powered machines, or those that simply want to build a beautiful city against a beautiful backdrop and are not concerned about population numbers.

OUTSIDE CONNECTIONS

3 x Road, 3 x Rail, 3 x Shipping & 4 x Air.

FORESTS

If you wish to add forests, the mixture is as follows:

High density: 100% Spruce (2x passes) & Pine (1 x pass) - 75% Chestnut & Oak - 50% Green Bush Wild 01 & Green Bush Wild 02.

For medium and low density flora simply set brush to 20%, then right click areas you wish to thin out.

MODS

I have not used any mods, but I do recommend you use the 529 Tile mod to get the best use of this map, and if you would prefer to relocate resources, grab the Extra Landscaping Tools mod.

SHOUT-OUTS

Thanks to "Mike Builds", I did an alternate, simpler take on his wonderful tunnel video; visit him, he has some great and entertaining content!

Last edited:
The map is great.
Places are specially prepared and marked for future plans. (Especially the road to the airport.) Additionally, there are a lot of roads. I recommend.
Glad you like, I will be doing a 2nd version of The Summer Isles soon - "All Seasons Edition" with flora to match plus many tweaks, changes and additions.

Last edited: