• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DrkNightsjs

Corporal
1 Badges
Mar 31, 2024
  • Cities: Skylines
Hi Everyone,

Creating a thread for my CS2 map of Brisbane, Australia. Please feel free to post any comments, feedback, suggestions.

What started out as trying to place accurate locations of highways & main roads within a simple replication of Brisbane, has become an endeavor to replicate the entire buildable space with a replica of Brisbane's transportation network. I am using image overlays, so the positioning of the roads are as close to CS2 allows me to replicate the network. Once the core netowkr of main roads and highways is done, I'll release a second map without the small streets and alleys, to allow for more creative play. I also plan to do the same with some places like New York, or Prague.

Thanks for your time, and enjoy my map.

Attachments

• 14-April-23-50-56-00.png
    14-April-23-50-56-00.png
    3,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 14-April-23-51-10-01.png
    14-April-23-51-10-01.png
    3,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 14-April-23-51-23-02.png
    14-April-23-51-23-02.png
    3,6 MB · Views: 0
  • 14-April-23-51-32-03.png
    14-April-23-51-32-03.png
  • 14-April-23-51-59-04.png
    14-April-23-51-59-04.png
  • 14-April-23-53-30-05.png
    14-April-23-53-30-05.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
Today's update was to complete Spring Hill, and the last connections with the Riverside Expressway.

From tomorrow I will put more effort into the southside of the river. Completing Kangaroo Point, and continuing with West End, Highgate Hill, East Brisbane & Bulimba / Hawthorne area.

Just some constructive feedback, but I would prefer a map with just the terrain so I could place the roads and buildings myself so I'm building the city for how it could have been rather than replicating it. Each to their own of course.

Just some constructive feedback, but I would prefer a map with just the terrain so I could place the roads and buildings myself so I'm building the city for how it could have been rather than replicating it. Each to their own of course.
Thanks Borgscan. undarthed is correct, if you browse for @Asmol78, they have created a Brisbane map that doesn't have the existing road map already applied.

Great work.
Waiting for the Toowong Roundabout complex to be completed.

The spagetti junction looks good.
I'm interested in how the Subway works out.

A local
Thanks @Rabbitjj!

I'll try and include the Toowong Roundabout & Legacy Way/Western Freeway interchange into my next update. While a large roundabout from ingame might work, and will probably be the easiest. I may have to try lots of one-way roads.

The subway actually works really well as a replacement (I think). Last night I was able to replicate the southside busway from Stanley Street up into Southbank. The train line runs parrallel for a lot of the way. I'll upload my additions tonight as I won't be able to work on it on the weekend.

Sorry for the stupid question:
If I subscribe to this does that mean I have to start a new game everytime you update the map or are the changes automatic?
Hi @Pyro2677,

I had never tried it before, but saw your comment, and gave it a go. Unfortunately, at least for me, the game I started didn't update with the additions I added. I imaging this would be bad if someone had already built on part of a map that I then updated, and destroyed what had been built in the process.

Hi everyone,

I just posted a mini update adding in Bulimba & Hawthorne, to time myself to see how quickly I could complete them. The majority of the major intersections are now done, so it's mostly suburbs, train lines (subway), and busway left to build. I'm hoping that over this next week, I have this map in its final stages where I am not posting (almost) daily updates.

I also haven't yet had the chance to build on my own map, so looking forward to doing that, and adding some more meaningful screenshots of bustling Brisbane.

If I subscribe to this does that mean I have to start a new game everytime you update the map or are the changes automatic?
Hi @Pyro2677,

I had never tried it before, but saw your comment, and gave it a go. Unfortunately, at least for me, the game I started didn't update with the additions I added. I imaging this would be bad if someone had already built on part of a map that I then updated, and destroyed what had been built in the process.
Yeah, That's what I was kind of thinking would happen. Just deciding when I should have a crack. Are you planning on Doing anything on the Gateway side north? Area for the Port/Airport, have gateway merge with gympie road to go into the Bruce?

Hi @Pyro2677,

Yeah, That's what I was kind of thinking would happen. Just deciding when I should have a crack. Are you planning on Doing anything on the Gateway side north? Area for the Port/Airport, have gateway merge with gympie road to go into the Bruce?
I thought of it. The problem is that Brisbane is so big its outer suburbs won't fit within the playable area of the map. CS2 only allows for 159 square kms (12.6km x 12.6km roughly). If there's ever going to be a mod that allows you to build to the edge of the visible terrain, then a full sized map of Brisbane would be possible.

I live on the northside, and don't have my house on a map, which is something I'd still love to do. The geography around the Pine River river mouth is quite interesting. If I built another map with the river as a center point, using suburbs as corner points, the buildable space would be, Redcliffe, Shorncliffe, Brendale, Dakabin.

Hi @Pyro2677,

I thought of it. The problem is that Brisbane is so big its outer suburbs won't fit within the playable area of the map. CS2 only allows for 159 square kms (12.6km x 12.6km roughly). If there's ever going to be a mod that allows you to build to the edge of the visible terrain, then a full sized map of Brisbane would be possible.

I live on the northside, and don't have my house on a map, which is something I'd still love to do. The geography around the Pine River river mouth is quite interesting. If I built another map with the river as a center point, using suburbs as corner points, the buildable space would be, Redcliffe, Shorncliffe, Brendale, Dakabin.
Yeah! That would be a cool map, lower Moreton Bay City. You have some good talent hope you get time to do that. I opened the Brisbane map and Yes I can see what you mean.

Hi @Pyro2677,

Yeah! That would be a cool map, lower Moreton Bay City. You have some good talent hope you get time to do that. I opened the Brisbane map and Yes I can see what you mean.
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. :)

I just uploaded an update. Completing the map this week was a bit ambitious. In saying that, now that the more complicated highway/rail/busway network is done, the suburbs take a lot less time.

My hope is to complete the southside this weekend. That also includes going back over and rechecking the crosswalks & traffic lights to have them in the same real-world locations (as close to as is possible ingame).

Will you be adding the Ekka station and the future Albert St line?

My wish list is being completed...including the goods railway staton.

Use of limited range buildings is impressive. Am I being charged for all the roads maintenance from the start?

A local

Hi @Rabbitjj, thanks for pointing out Exhibition Station, I did miss that one. Yes, I'll add it in for when update it next. I'll also add in the Doomben line to Ascot.

You've also forced me to think about the train lines a bit more. The subway stations make for a great replacement for our style of train stations. However they don't allow for road/rail level crossings, I have to go over or under the roads. The lack of outside connections is another thing that bugs me. I am going to fit a railyard down in Yeerongpilly, and make Roma Street a proper Train Station, and run a parallel rail line for cargo & interstate/intercity trains between the Ipswich & Caboolture lines to the edges of the map. This will make the subway upgrade crucial for Roma Street. I'm going to have to squeeze it in in some places, and go underground in others.

In regards to the road costs, I'll investigate this. I'm not sure how to turn them off. Even if I try to Edit the Prefabs of the roads there doesn't appear to be an option to affect service cost. If anyone knows how to do this in the editor, please can you let me know? Maybe someone else has another Mod that will help this possibly.