• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you can...Northern end of Go between bridge intersection. i am no good at multilayed intersections.

A local
No problem, I did have that built before I started to use the overlay. If you look at Google maps, it is actually a bridge over an intersection. If you use large or medium roads there is a snap point on each side of the road, so you can join either a highway, or single road (one way, or both) to each side.

I've just finished it again, so it will appear in the next update.

Feedback.
Shafton Ave [Kang Pt] Clem7 tunnel connection. Possible pedestian pathway over/in at Main st/Shafton Ave junction.

Trees... very good addition. Maybe look at Botanical Gardens when you plant more trees?

Railway connection to Roma st....may I suggest adding the future subway connection from Park Rd-Boggo Rd- Gabba-Albert st - Roma St. You could add a railway running beside it.

I never knew that your railway hub existed where it does... very fortunate.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Feedback.
Shafton Ave [Kang Pt] Clem7 tunnel connection. Possible pedestian pathway over/in at Main st/Shafton Ave junction.

Trees... very good addition. Maybe look at Botanical Gardens when you plant more trees?

Railway connection to Roma st....may I suggest adding the future subway connection from Park Rd-Boggo Rd- Gabba-Albert st - Roma St. You could add a railway running beside it.

I never knew that your railway hub existed where it does... very fortunate.

What I've done is run a CS2 Train Line from the Tennyson/Indooroopilly end of the map, with outside connections, parallel to the existing subway lines I put in. I had to use a bit of underground lines especially within the South Bank area. I've connected it all the way to the Nundah end of the map. For playability this will all outside travelers into the city, in a similar way to how interstate travelers arrive in at Roma Street. They can then convert to Subway, and navigate to the rest of the city view subway. bus, etc.

I've tried to keep the Train line as visible as possible to allow players to actually see the trains as much as possible. It also allows for cargo trains to arrive and leave the city. I may run a similar line along the Ferny Grove or Ipswich lines, but that depends on where any actual industrial areas are, for the use of cargo terminals. I'm still searching to suitable areas.

Those stations you are mentioning, you're referring to the Cross River Rail? I could definitely put that in. Guaranteed to be ahead of schedule and under budget! haha

I'll use this map they have provided to get the tunnels as close to as possible, because they aren't available in Google Maps yet. https://crossriverrail.qld.gov.au/about/rail-route/

I'll keep an eye out for pedestrian crossings, I was going to leave some of those until the majority of the road network was done, but I see the one you mean over Main Street. That's where the roads change from Large Roads to highways, so in-game the pedestrians will also need paths down the side of the roads to be able to get to Kangaroo point. Can definitely add that in.

Thanks for all that, really appreciate it.

Have you actual started a game?

If not you need two coal power stations, two water pumps and one sewerage pumps at about level one.
I have gone to level 12[50k people] with your 23/4/24 version.
Ferny Grove line for rail line as it would strike a balance... I'll will also do a search.

Big vacant lots are fast disappearing as you add streets. The Mater, the PA and St Lucia Uni still have space for the larger Hospital and Uni addons.

• 1Love
Reactions:
A quick look shows a large pit site near Upper Kedron and a possible new Estate at Keperra.
If you hurry you may be able to claim it before they start selling.

Do those sites fi in the map?

Haha, no haven't had the time to start a game yet.

The map cuts Ferny Grove & Upper Kedron in half. The top of the map only just misses the Ferny Grove Station, and Canvey Road in Upper Kedron is basically the left border of the map.

The Gap I think will be my favourite part to build, and I think it will look cool ingame as it's surrounded by Mt Coottha & Enoggera Hill.

I'll scan the edged of the map to find where there are some High Voltage Power lines, and create an external connection for power. What I can also do is place all the substations that are around town in their locations, and run underground power lines to each of them. There's no map that I can find for the electrical system, so If I need to go underground, I'll follow the main roads/highways.

Could I ask a favour, (for anyone playing this map) I'm trying my best to replicate the traffic flows, what roads you can turn left, right, etc. But the hard thing is the Editor forces you to build as an American system and there's no way to switch it. This means I have to build everything back to front, e.g. one way streets go the wrong way, so that in Left Hand Drive, they go the way it is in real life. If there are any wildly weird spots, can you drop me the real world streets / suburbs, and I'll endeavor to fix them.

Big W Brookside for a rail complex... it's handy to Mitcheton Station.

I have been putting my power stations around Morningside edge....thermal fit nicely against the river.

Like your Racetracks.

Been following this map and waiting for the final version before I start a game.

I'll try to do some QA. I found this small road error in the bus way, see screenshot below.
Screenshot 2024-04-30 184809.png

I also cannot see the ferris wheel asset and the one beside it, shows up as white box. I'm guessing this is from an add on?

• 1Love
Reactions:
Been following this map and waiting for the final version before I start a game.

I'll try to do some QA. I found this small road error in the bus way, see screenshot below.
View attachment 1125996

I also cannot see the ferris wheel asset and the one beside it, shows up as white box. I'm guessing this is from an add on?
Thanks Undarthed. I've fixed the weird circle in the busway. I can't explain the Ferris Wheel & White box. What's in the white box is an Office Low Demand Signature building called the "Incaserium", which should be part of the base game. Maybe see if it happens again in the next update, and I can try and re-place the same object, but as a new instance.

1714471453542.png

please post resources, connections and buildable area.
Hi Ryeguy,

Connections & Buildable area

This one is easy, there's LOTs of road connections. There's a train connection for passenger & cargo in & out of the city, but the main "train lines" are using Subway across town. Multiple highways and large roads will also channel lots of people in/out. The screenshot below is the overlay I'm using (elevated so the terrain doesn't break through the image), but it should give you a sense of the map. Brisbane is a very flat city. Our highest peak in the city is Mount Coot-Tha, but it is only 287 meters (942ft) high. The terrain follows the actual dips and drops of the city, so don't expect a perfectly flat building space.

Resources

Brisbane doesn't have any natural Oil reserves, so I don't intend to put any in. There'll be plenty of trees for Forestry, but I'll keep them in the green areas, and to the East. Fertile Land, I'll redo later, and probably place along the river as it most likely to still be there. Water reserves I'll be generous with as Brisbane is known for flooding, but will stick to the green spaces, and natural waterways. Ore reserves, I have already placed around the mountainous areas, as there are some small quarries operating in Brisbane.

Hope this helps.

1714472016041.png

Southern end of Storey Bridge is road isolated at Sharfton intersection.
Switch on roads to see.

Roads/streets at top of Highgate Hill appear to be incomplete.
Near Toorbrook
With 29/04/24 version there appears to be extra power draw ...possible from extra stations?
Three Power stations are required very early in the game.

Southern end of Storey Bridge is road isolated at Sharfton intersection.
Switch on roads to see.

Roads/streets at top of Highgate Hill appear to be incomplete.
Near Toorbrook
With 29/04/24 version there appears to be extra power draw ...possible from extra stations?
Three Power stations are required very early in the game.
Thanks Rabbitjj, fixed the isolated road, and also saw that the elevations at the Shafton/Storey merge were quite wild, so smoothed that out as well.

I saw the power drain, and yes those will come from the extra stations. If you disable power from a station the train will still operate through it, just won't drop off/pick up passengers from there. You could just turn them off until you need them, and save on the power plants.

The streets at Highgate Hill, do you mean this section?

1714480253133.png

i cannot see your graphic map reply, but Dornoch Terrace [Gladstone end] seems to be incompete.

Torbreck highrise area. I believe that it was Brisbane's first residential highrise.
I had replace some of the southern end of Storey Bridge roads with non bridge pillar
sections, leaving only 3 bridge pillars.

Your map looks like a real City when you start filling the streets with buildings ; - )

I've just uploaded another update. I fixed the Storey Bridge that you mentioned. @Rabbitjj if you go to this link, it's the Paradox Forum - https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/map-brisbane-australia.1664986/page-2

In the next update I'm going to start on all the surface roads, in the remaining suburbs. I've found a High Voltage Powerline that enters the map near Ferny Grove, but then goes underground at the back of Enoggera hill. I'm also going to put in the electrical substations where they exist in their real world locations. For the vast majority they are connected by underground powerlines, so I'll follow the main roads to join the electrical network.

After the surface roads are complete, and the road network is effectively finished, I'll be taking a break. Today marks a full month that I've been building this map, and have yet to actually play the game. :) I'll still keep an eye on this forum for feedback, and fix suggestions, but the updates will probably be slower.

I also will be experimenting on trying to get the river to flow properly. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix that, and which Water Sources to use, and what settings to use, I'll give it a go. At the moment it's basically a long thin lake.

Requests. Goodwill and Neville Bonner cross river foot bridges...while there Sth bank water park lacks power connection.
New Farm park..One soccer field lacks power connection.

Suggestions..To give THE GABBA and the STOREY BRIDGE most visual standout.
Add a second football field besides the first field..aligned across the space. leave space for a "primary school [at the rear] and a cop shop at the front.
Change Storey Bridge to 8 lane divided
cable-stayed bridge.

Requests. Goodwill and Neville Bonner cross river foot bridges...while there Sth bank water park lacks power connection.
New Farm park..One soccer field lacks power connection.

Suggestions..To give THE GABBA and the STOREY BRIDGE most visual standout.
Add a second football field besides the first field..aligned across the space. leave space for a "primary school [at the rear] and a cop shop at the front.
Change Storey Bridge to 8 lane divided
cable-stayed bridge.
Love these!

Tonight's update includes electrical network, no power stations, but high voltage lines & real world substation locations. I'll be testing the map to find all remaining missing electrical connections.

A problem with sewerage sludge.... likely not your Map?
I put my first sewerage outlet at the river border [south side] of your map.
Start game and sludge flows upstream[no problem]....you are aware of river flow.
Problem. If I don't monitor useage and there is an overload, there appears that a "sludge BAR' shows up outside the border of your map[heading out to Moreton Bay] It travels across land and river.
It might be an ARTIFACT??? Very strange!
Save this concern until you start a game and can check it out.

Have a good break.

A problem with sewerage sludge.... likely not your Map?
I put my first sewerage outlet at the river border [south side] of your map.
Start game and sludge flows upstream[no problem]....you are aware of river flow.
Problem. If I don't monitor useage and there is an overload, there appears that a "sludge BAR' shows up outside the border of your map[heading out to Moreton Bay] It travels across land and river.
It might be an ARTIFACT??? Very strange!
Save this concern until you start a game and can check it out.

Have a good break.
Thanks @Rabbitjj. I've checked the terrain all along the river out to Moreton Bay, and there doesn't appear to be anything that could cause what you are describing. I notice that ingame anything outside the map is a simulated mirror to what is happening inside the game map. For example, there are no resources beyond the edge of the map, yet they appear ingame. it's possible the "sludge bar" you are describing is just a simulation based on what is happening in your map.

I've now widened the river to match my overlay. I need this to allow for more water, and prevent flooding if I use too strong water objects.

The challenges I have is Brisbane is flat... and so is the river basically. In the editor I have the river at a height of 50, and the sea at 40... anything higher and it floods. Because it is so flat, this affects the flow rate. Next is the ground absorbs water, so to maintain the river level I have to use some constant level water sources. Essentially, because there's a 'dip' in the water level in the middle of the map, water is flowing in from the sea, and in from the river. I need to find a way of reversing the sea flow to leave the map. And then your sludge problem will end. This is probably what is happening in real life, and is why the Brisbane River is called the "Brown Snake". :)