• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks!

Thanks for the pointer to the C.O.R.E. mod files.
As a "mac guy," HoI is still new to me, and now it seems all new again! Really great work has been done with this - seeing all the events go by for other countries makes me want to play them all. Uh oh. . .

Just wanted to say thanks for the pointer and thanks for all the great work folks have done - I'll have to stop by the C.O.R.E. website and say the same..

Manual installation was slightly tedious but not that big a problem. It did take attention to keep things straight and make sure I was putting them in the right place. Zipped through a couple (pre-war, US) years with no problems.

Originally posted by Steel
When you installed the files, did you over-write the original files?

Can you pipe a file listing (with sub folders) to a file and send it to me (steel@melachea.demon.co.uk)? In DOS/Windows the command would be dir /s > dir.txt if that helps explain what I mean.

I got it to work last night (but with no CORE load pic, go figure). It works fine the only minor question I have are;
1)No propaganda posters at "pick country window"
2)No government officials in game (at least for france)
3)No Mil. Leaders other than ones already assigned to units
4)No music (no that much of a loss, I just use iTunes)

Agathon, I finally got the game. I ordered it directly from Virtual Programming and it took 4 weeks to get here: 2 weeks to get to Canada, and another 2 weeks for Canada *&^& Post to get it to me. Plus, they charged me another $17.00 for duty. I would check your local CompuSmart store, I think they are listing it for $45 or something. I ended up paying twice that much!

Originally posted by jmcnally
Agathon, I finally got the game. I ordered it directly from Virtual Programming and it took 4 weeks to get here: 2 weeks to get to Canada, and another 2 weeks for Canada *&^& Post to get it to me.

i think you might've have gotten hit by the postal strike here in the UK. up until about a week ago, the Royal Mail had been on strike for about 2wks. my copy got stuck in the post as well.

No Time Limit for Mac Version

Has anybody heard anything about the No Time Limit patch for HOI-Mac? My understanding is changing the end year in the scenario file will not work. The PC guys have an executable to help fix this problem (I have HOI on my PC, but I would much rather be able to play it on my Mac). Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Mad Matt said:
I think that the print run for the manual must have been screwed up for everyone because I'm missing page 50 as well. However, due to the quality of the manual, it is no big loss.

-Matt

Don't tell me the manual is just a rehash of the PC one... :rolleyes: