• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A few noob questions:
1) What is the procedure for getting troops onto transports?
2)If I decide to go mobile (read:TiBook) and don't have a two button mouse, what is the equivalent of the right click on the keyboard?
3)How do I get ORG. to increase in my units?
4)If you are fascist but am being influenced by a democratic country, does it effect you at all?

I see that VP's site says that Victoria and Crusader Kings are coming to the Mac as well. :)

Paradox is to be commended for its support of the Mac platform. This being in stark contrast to the developers of other inferior games, cough... cough... Civ III...

I'll certainly be buying them all.

Now if only the mac store down the road would have it in stock. I've been down there three times now and it's still "tomorrow". Grrrr

Originally posted by La France Libre
A few noob questions:
1) What is the procedure for getting troops onto transports?
2)If I decide to go mobile (read:TiBook) and don't have a two button mouse, what is the equivalent of the right click on the keyboard?
3)How do I get ORG. to increase in my units?
4)If you are fascist but am being influenced by a democratic country, does it effect you at all?

1) If I recall correctly, select the troops that you wish to embark and then right click on the transports on which you would like them to embark. I've yet to try it myself, but it works for paratroopers and transport aircraft so I assume that it works with regular troops and transports. It is also one of the things that they mention in the tutorial, so if nothing else works, run through the tutorial again.

2) Again, this is one of those things that I haven't tried myself, but I'd try option+click to equal a right click.

3) In order to increase the Org in your units you need to research more advance combat doctrines. The more combat doctrines that you know, the more effective your troops will be.

4) You're being influenced? I've never seen that one before. I don't think that this has any effect at all, but I'm speaking from a position of great ignorance.

Good hunting!

-Mad Matt

Heh. Seems like MacPlay has wrong info for EU2. It is info on EU1. Oh well, this is like Virtual Programming, Ltd. They did the same error, but corrected it when I hassled them through e-mail. Well, guess I will do so again, except to MacPlay!:mad:

Originally posted by Mad Matt

4) You're being influenced? I've never seen that one before. I don't think that this has any effect at all, but I'm speaking from a position of great ignorance.

Good hunting!

-Mad Matt

Yea, I was playing as Spain and it kept saying "You have been greatly influenced by the United Kingdom"

C.O.R.E.

I understand that C.O.R.E. v0.532 for HoI 1.05b has now been succesfully installed and run on the Mac platform by at least one user. If there's sufficient interest from the community then I'll host a download at the official website and support any debug effort as well as further development.

Let me know if you are interested and how you prefer to organise this.

Thanks for helping us with the mod, Steel. There is plenty of interest for this mod.
Just a quick question; why is it v0.532 and is there any specific reason why it isn't v0.62?

BTW for future reference, how do I post screens once I have them in .jpg form on my desktop?

Last edited:
Yea, I was playing as Spain and it kept saying "You have been greatly influenced by the United Kingdom"

I haven't had the patience to try playing a minor country yet. I'm having way too much fun playing as Germany at the moment. Although perhaps I won't have as much fun when the USA and USSR get into the war...

I wonder if being influenced might have an effect on being able to join the alliance or the axis.
-Matt

I haven't had the patience to try playing a minor country yet. I'm having way too much fun playing as Germany at the moment. Although perhaps I won't have as much fun when the USA and USSR get into the war...

I wonder if being influenced might have an effect on being able to join the alliance or the axis.
-Matt

Yea, I'm not sure about the affect of being "greatly influenced" is since I can go to war whenever I want because Spain is fascist.

Thanks for helping us with the mod, Steel. There is plenty of interest for this mod.
Just a quick question; why is it v0.532 and is there any specific reason why it isn't v0.62?

I was advised that the Mac version is HoI 1.05b, C.O.R.E. v0.532 was built and tested on that version. Using C.O.R.E. v0.6x on an earlier patch version may result in some errors.

BTW for future reference, how do I post screens once I have them in .jpg form on my desktop?

Host them on some webspace elsewhere, then link to it using the IMG tag.

Originally posted by Steel

Host them on some webspace elsewhere, then link to it using the IMG tag.

Any suggestions for webspace?

HOI Mac manual - blank page

I got HOI for Mac last week (being a keen EU2 and Civ3 player) and my copy of the manual is blank on page 50 - anyone else had this?

Thanks dojoboy (howdy - still playing Civ3 these days?) for the link for 'The Road To War' scenario. I was wondering why that was missing from the disc, as well as the Editor (any news on that?!)

Have to say that HOI is pretty overwhelming - so much to deal with! Have been playing EU2 for months now (after years as a Civ3 addict) and this is another order of magnitude more complex - I need more hours in the day!

fruno

However, due to the quality of the manual, it is no big loss.

:D True!

CORE 0.532

Steel - glad to hear of success w/ 0.532 on Mac HOI. I'd love to give it a try, searched through the CORE and Road to War sites and see a "hotfix to 0.532" hosted, but can't find 0.532.

I'd sure appreciate it if it could be posted for download. Please let me know what I might be able to do to help.

Thanks!

Re: CORE 0.532

Originally posted by Erik the Nav
Steel - glad to hear of success w/ 0.532 on Mac HOI. I'd love to give it a try, searched through the CORE and Road to War sites and see a "hotfix to 0.532" hosted, but can't find 0.532.

I'd sure appreciate it if it could be posted for download. Please let me know what I might be able to do to help.

Thanks!

You can find discussion and a download link -> here <-. Just be aware it's not user friendly at this stage, it's just a zip archive which contains a large number of files that need to be extracted with sub-directory structure intact.

A couple of people, including me, have had HoI crash after we installed the CORE files over the original files. Any suggestions about how to properly install the files? (btw has this happened to anyone else?)

Help! HoI keeps crashing on me after I have installed the CORE files. Any advice?

Help! HoI keeps crashing on me after I have installed the CORE files. Any advice?

When you installed the files, did you over-write the original files?

Can you pipe a file listing (with sub folders) to a file and send it to me (steel@melachea.demon.co.uk)? In DOS/Windows the command would be dir /s > dir.txt if that helps explain what I mean.