• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He Abuses the Netherlands VPs

Even more than that, I suspect he will have to try and travel a long way to the East Indies to get to a VP that he can hold. If Germany can take the Low countries from their normal defenders, I am sure it can do the same vs. Luxembourg.

Even more than that, I suspect he will have to try and travel a long way to the East Indies to get to a VP that he can hold. If Germany can take the Low countries from their normal defenders, I am sure it can do the same vs. Luxembourg.

So, in effect we could have a story about a wandering corps of Luxembourgish soldiers at war with, and traveling round the entire world? That's almost as awesome as a Luxembourgish WC!

If I can slip in another prediction before the next update, I might guess that he will achieve a white peace with many of these countries since Luxembourg is not in a faction.

I'm still working out the plan against the Dutch, since I recently discovered to my own chagrin that Holland doesn't have enough VPs itself to force the Dutch surrender, you have to get something from the Dutch East Indies as well. He could sail over there after producing ships, but wouldn't be able to deploy the ships in captured Dutch ports without a land connection to Luxembourg.

But... if this entire scheme only revolves around escaping Europe, then he can shift all his troops to Holland, allow anyone to take Luxembourg which will force the capital to relocate to Holland, where he can deploy the ships and leave, allowing the process to repeat. In this case, he doesn't even need to get to the Pacific, he can take any VP in an out-of-the-way nook and start declaring white peace on all the serious enemies... that is, this could be done if you are allowed to relocate your capital to a province that is only occupied and not annexed.

Fleeing Europe likely wont't work because English channel is likely swarming with RN, and he is at war with ALLIES TOO.

:eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

But.... How....

I have tried to explain in the narrative :) However, basically because units in neutral territory are fully supplied until 12pm. You have to be very fast – strategic redeployment helps :)

Oh my Machiavelli would be proud of You.

Thank you! :) I will make sure he remains proud.

well that is perhaps the most gamey move I've seen in an AAR ... very well done, I now understand why European History is full of examples of nations underestimating Luxembourg to their peril ... bravo

Thank you. This AAR is probably about the gaminess at the extreme :)

I'm right there with you. Staggering in concept.

I spent 1 week thinking how to attack the Netherlands. Luckily I noticed that supply rule.

That is the most gutsy move I've ever seen, assuming British honor the guarantee. I think if you do pull off the World Conquest, we should just retire the HOI AAR thread since no one would ever be able to top it :)

I kept my promise about the war against the world. Now I have to make most of it.

What I'd like to see is a Hitler Rants parody titled "Hitler finds out Luxembourg conquered the Netherlands."

Hitler hears on the radio: “Panzers are rolling into Amsterdam!”

Hitler: “What a pleasant surprise in the morning! Who I should promote?”

Officer: “But Mein Führer! They are Luxembourgers!”

well I suppose it makes sense, you've just finished off the might of the Dutch army (actually it doesn't look that finished yet), so why not Germany

from your screenshots they don't seem to be overly well deployed to stop your armoured drive on Berlin?

No I just asked Germans to help me tow my barges to Amsterdam :)

Actually the war against the Germans is unavoidable. So it is better to be on my terms.

Looks like im not going to sit naked in my classroom afterall :)

Don’t lose your fate yet ;)

I am still just shaking my head. Surreal is the best word for this. Love it.

I hope it will keep rolling :)

er....

Nice....

Thank you!

How Do you plan on surviving, once the Germans take Luxembourg city?

Yes, Comm Cody is right. I am “abusing” Dutch VPs. While I keep at least 1 VP I am not defeated.

So, in effect we could have a story about a wandering corps of Luxembourgish soldiers at war with, and traveling round the entire world? That's almost as awesome as a Luxembourgish WC!

I promise, Dasfubar, a lot of travelling :)

If I can slip in another prediction before the next update, I might guess that he will achieve a white peace with many of these countries since Luxembourg is not in a faction.

I'm still working out the plan against the Dutch, since I recently discovered to my own chagrin that Holland doesn't have enough VPs itself to force the Dutch surrender, you have to get something from the Dutch East Indies as well. He could sail over there after producing ships, but wouldn't be able to deploy the ships in captured Dutch ports without a land connection to Luxembourg.

But... if this entire scheme only revolves around escaping Europe, then he can shift all his troops to Holland, allow anyone to take Luxembourg which will force the capital to relocate to Holland, where he can deploy the ships and leave, allowing the process to repeat. In this case, he doesn't even need to get to the Pacific, he can take any VP in an out-of-the-way nook and start declaring white peace on all the serious enemies... that is, this could be done if you are allowed to relocate your capital to a province that is only occupied and not annexed.

Good thinking, eqqman!

Indeed I am going to escape Europe. French refused to take Luxembourg for free when I abandoned it but then I chose another option – German are going to help me with this ;)

I will ask for a White Peace from the Soviets because the war against them does not give me anything and from my previous broken game I know they can invade Holland and even attack Amsterdam disrupting my plans.

I cannot as for a White Peace from Germany while I am at war with the Allies because sooner or later German would attack me and break the game.

I cannot ask for a White Peace from the UK at the moment because that would mean I achieve nothing and lose the war against inevitable war against Germany. I need to annex at least 1 or more countries before I could do that.

Fleeing Europe likely wont't work because English channel is likely swarming with RN, and he is at war with ALLIES TOO.

This is very risky but I have a few tricks in my hands.

True, but he might get a white peace with any or all of them (although, only the UK will really matter).

True, but he might get a white peace with any or all of them (although, only the UK will really matter).

You can get peace only with the faction leader and then it applies to all faction members.

The Beginning of Journey

How Barges Were Towed

""The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious." Marcus Aurelius (121 - 180 CE)

After the revelations of war plans in the press Mr Joseph Bech has to vacate the Minister of Security post.

Germans do not wait for an invitation and capture Luxembourg on 24 January 1940. The temporal capital of Duchy of Luxembourg is moved to Amsterdam.

Transport ships are immediately docked in Amsterdam harbour and two armoured brigades (1st and 2nd because they are faster) are embarked on ships.

The transport fleet leaves Amsterdam for Tamanar on 26 January 1940. Its course is laid as far as possible from shores with the exception of the English Channel. The fleet’s organisation is intentionally left at zero because that would make the fleet to disengage as soon as possible in the case of enemy attack. Small fleet also draws less attention.

400201map.jpg

On 27 January 1940, Dutch capture Eindhoven. On the same day Luxembourgian transport fleet disengage from a naval battle and seeks refuge in Brugge harbour. It waits for the channel waters to be cleared and continue its journey to Tamanar.

At the same time engineers secure Haarlem, Alkmaar and Den Helder giving more space for the defenders in Amsterdam.

400201sea.jpg

On 28 January 1940, Dutch attack Amsterdam but quickly retreat. However they liberate Maastricht, Utrecht and ‘s-Hertogenbosch.

The second transport fleet is launched in Amsterdam and begins patrolling in the Coast of Holland in order to disrupt Dutch landing at Den Helder. (DO NOT LEAVE FLEET IDLE because it will be easily spotted and destroyed.)

400201net.jpg

On 31 January 1940, Luxembourgian buccaneers land at and capture Tamanar, North Africa. The voyage begins!

400201na.jpg

Last edited:

I think it´s his only chance. Flee to Java. However, I don´t know how is goign to do it unless the UK allows it (I mean, if the UK declares war he is as good as dead, as those transports will never arrive Java).

However losing Luxembourg and the Netherlands will leave him with almost no IC (I think Java has none).

A dangerous alternative might be conquer Norway, because german AI might invade, although the AI is not good at invasions in SF (and Germany is not a power at sea, so the british can inderectly help Luxembourg sinking german invasions)

PS. Oh, I see you are already at war with the UK. Good luck trying to reach Java (and even better luck trying to defen it from the UK, Australia and Japan at once.

I still have no idea how you're going to get away with any of this. It's ridiculous.

Visiting Napoleon

Where Further Plan is Revealed

"How many things apparently impossible have nevertheless been performed by resolute men who had no alternative but death." Napoleon Bonaparte (1769 - 1821)

On 1 February 1940, Germany declares war against Norway. This is when my last game broke down because of my guarantee of Norway's independence.

On 2 February 1940, French intercept Luxembourgian convoy next to Portuguese shores. Due to the danger, further Luxembourgian convoys are cancelled. Two days later French recapture Tamanar.

400207fre.jpg

Luckily for Luxembourgers, Luxembourgian transport fleet reaches Ascension Island just on time and Luxembourgers land ashore just 3 hours after the loss of Tamanar.

Two days later Luxembourgian fleet arrives to St Helena. The island is captured without a fight. Luxembourgers take an opportunity to visit Longwood House museum where Napoleon spent his last days in the exile.

On 7 February 1940, Luxembourgian fleet set sail from St Helena to South Africa.

400207wav.jpg

Probably everybody knows that Transport ships have limited operational range of 3,000 km. So Tamanar choice was not coincidence. Tamanar is about 3,000 km from Amsterdam. Ascension Island is about 3,000 km from Tamanar. It is possible to reach South Africa shores from Ascension Island but in order to reach the first South African VP – Cape Town, you need St Helena.

400207voyage.jpg

The real Luxembourgian target is South Africa. The first stage is to capture Cape Town. All South African ports are defended by South African garrisons – Cape Town is not an exception. However, the opponent has one predictable weakness which Luxembourgers are going to exploit.

A quick capture of Cape Town is very important because Dutch and other allies are closing in on Amsterdam and the delay could result in the destruction of Amsterdam defenders. Before they could abandon the city Luxembourgers should secure another VP.

The next stage is retrieving the 2. Panzerwagondivision from Europe and finishing off South African resistance.

400207map.jpg

The situation in Holland continues to deteriorate. Two more provinces are lost but Luxembourgian spirit is high and the 2. Panzerwagondivision is not going to give up Amsterdam without a stubborn fight.

400207net.jpg

The division has also to wait until the last Transport fleet is launched in Amsterdam on 14 February 1940. The capacity of two fleets is enough to transport the remaining troops including the Duchess of Luxembourg and government from Europe.

400207production.jpg

Last edited:
The luxembourgian exile to South Africa ... interesting!
you could build those boats in advance or you did after the Netherlands operation?

I think it´s his only chance. Flee to Java. However, I don´t know how is goign to do it unless the UK allows it (I mean, if the UK declares war he is as good as dead, as those transports will never arrive Java).

However losing Luxembourg and the Netherlands will leave him with almost no IC (I think Java has none).

A dangerous alternative might be conquer Norway, because german AI might invade, although the AI is not good at invasions in SF (and Germany is not a power at sea, so the british can inderectly help Luxembourg sinking german invasions)

PS. Oh, I see you are already at war with the UK. Good luck trying to reach Java (and even better luck trying to defen it from the UK, Australia and Japan at once.

Thanks! :) I think the most formidable opponent is Japan in that region. I have tried to avoid the clash with Japan by guaranteeing Norway's independence and making Germany to attack Luxembourg alone without forcing it to join the Allies but my plan failed because the game broke down :( Now my plan is to capture Java only if the Netherlands' government is not in exile. I think that there is an event which forces the Netherlands to surrender to Germany even if Germany conquers only European part.

I still have no idea how you're going to get away with any of this. It's ridiculous.

But it is fun :rolleyes:

Ah yes, good work landing in Africa. I doubt France or UK have any troops of note down there. How's your production?

I was surprised how quick French re-captured Tamanar - almost spoiled my landing at Ascension Island! I posted my production ledger.

presume the plan is to create a line of VPs around the place? ... I'd forgotten that Luxembourg had already got stuck into the Uk first

British are very busy in Europe at the moment, so I have some time to breath and entrench myself.

This is just perfect.
I have read all your AARs and this is most interesting of all :)

I assume this is because more like an adventure than a total war ;)

But have you any VPs to compensate for the loss of Amsterdam? Move quickly!

I am rushing to capture Cape Town. It would allow me to leave Amsterdam.

The luxembourgian exile to South Africa ... interesting!
you could build those boats in advance or you did after the Netherlands operation?

:) I built 2 Transport fleets before the invasion. I was planning from the beginning the escape from Europe. Funnily you can build ships even without available harbours :unsure:

:) I built 2 Transport fleets before the invasion. I was planning from the beginning the escape from Europe. Funnily you can build ships even without available harbours :unsure:

Why not? Water isn't exactly a vital necessity for shipbuilding, it just comes in very handy if you have some. Good luck getting the ships into water afterward though if your facilities are dry docks in every sense of the word...

Status
Not open for further replies.